Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
    Fred also wears Adidas shoes, btw.
    Are you suggesting it's a possibility Adidas paid Fred to attend a Nike/Jordan school?

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
      Fred also wears Adidas shoes, btw.

But, I guess it's ok to point fingers at other schools and coaches who weren't indicted nor mentioned but not our own? Is that what's going on here? I should expect more from this message board, but I really don't. It's the general rule of thumb that taking pot shots at KU and K-State is good for some cheap Likes and Thanks. Gotta get those totals up, right guys?

I'm just saying don't be talking trash on other schools until the smoke clears, that's all. Who knows what's going on out there that the FBI has info on.

I'm sure Fred didn't take any money and I doubt any of our assistants did either, I know what kind of people they are, but all it takes is one big "can't turn that down" offer and poof, there goes NCAA wins and legacies.
      You don't see the difference in pointing fingers at schools pulling in 5 stars and schools that never do? Ok dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
        Are you suggesting it's a possibility Adidas paid Fred to attend a Nike/Jordan school?
        Obviously Fred was the player that was outbid by Nike.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
          Kind of an inscrutable plan for Adidas to make money, for certain.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
            You don't see the difference in pointing fingers at schools pulling in 5 stars and schools that never do? Ok dude.
            This .. no one considered either Fred or Ron NBA players until.... they were in the NBA. No shoe company was going to dump money on a player that wasn't expected to make the NBA in order to bring them to a Mid Major that had barely made the tourney recently... in a relatively small market ..

Comment

• Statement from Rick "I know nothing" Pitino:

BTW, lots of Twitter speculation that Pitino will be fired tomorrow.
              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• As of now, I guess I am very glad we did not sign Nassir Little, Zach Scott, or Amanze Ngumezi. They all played AAU for 1 Family, whose director Brad Augustine, is now in prison.

I do not recommend trying to connect the dots, it doesn't bring warm fuzzies.

Comment

• It’s been about six hours since the college basketball bribery scandal broke and in between Twitter jokes and an ominous press conference from the U.S. attorney’s office and FBI, one thing has become very clear: the University of Louisville is in hot water. While UofL was not mentioned by name in the affidavit, interim president […]
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• I think this guy may be right.

When a system has billions of dollars flowing into it — and the NCAA’s contract with CBS and Turner Sports for the NCAA tournament alone is worth $8.8 billion through 2032 — and yet has a major part of the workforce that is unpaid, well, then, how is this not the end result?

Comment

• There may be some upset Louisville recruits: It might go something like this:

"Dude got 100 large to come here. All I got was an ugly hooker that I couldn't get it up for".
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• U of L just might be a perfect candidate for the death penalty. And as many previously have mentioned, I too believe that there is alot more to come. Question is how many of the major programs will muss a couple of NCAA tourneys from this. I hope all that are guilty do.

Comment

• I think that a few programs previously unknown to this point by the feds will come forward voluntarily with some self reported issues in the hopes of getting off easy.

I think that may be another reason this was made public. I think I read where the FBI has stated as much. Seems like they know a lot, but don't quite know how far it spreads yet.

But you can't tell me that things like this aren't well known throughout the AAU community if they were going on. So you have a large pool of informants to lean on... or a large pool of rats.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• This poll of college coaches is a couple of years old, but worth a read...especially the anonymous quotes.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• "The NCAA is so mad at Kentucky they're going to give Cleveland State another year of probation."

----------------Jerry Tarkanian

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                I think this guy may be right.

When a system has billions of dollars flowing into it — and the NCAA’s contract with CBS and Turner Sports for the NCAA tournament alone is worth $8.8 billion through 2032 — and yet has a major part of the workforce that is unpaid, well, then, how is this not the end result?
                                This was the hall talk at my office and it was the consensus of 2 Shockers, 1 Wildcat, 1 Zag, an Illini, and a Bradley brave. It is likely to user in some reforms and "profit sharing".
                                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X