No announcement yet.

NBC News: "The FBI Has Arrested Several NCAA Assistant Basketball Coaches"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The path to securing commitments from college athletes was through assistant coaches because head coaches aren’t willing to take bribes, Dawkins said, according to the complaint. “They’re making too much money. And it’s too risky,” the complaint quoted Dawkins as saying.

The FBI and the Justice Department have set up a hotline, at 212-384-2135, to receive tips about other possible NCAA misdeeds.

Comment

• Is Ricky Ross past the statute of limitations?

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
        Just an FYI:

ASM Sports agency was raided by the FBI today. They took CEO Andy Miller's laptop. That just so happens to be the same agency and agent that represents Fred VanVleet.

There are currently zero Kansas players represented by that agency.

Might want to hold off on the trash talk on schools and coaches that haven't been indicted until the dust settles.

Honestly, every single school and coach with a player represented by this firm and/or ADIDAS should be worried at this point. That includes us. That includes KU. That includes K-State.

If WSU is guilty of something, so be it and drop the hammer. I know Fred....Fred is a friend of mine....I am not worried.

All but one of ku's recent 1st round draft picks signed with Adidas. ku just signed a huge extension with Adidas. They were one of the 1st big schools to jump on board with Adidas. You think Adidas is knee deep in this AND IS IGNORING THEIR BELL COW? Dollar Bill's neighbor, booster and ku supporter is Doug Compton, a known crook and bookmaker. The colon tightening you're smelling is wafting from up north, not here.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          If WSU is guilty of something, so be it and drop the hammer. I know Fred....Fred is a friend of mine....I am not worried.

All but one of ku's recent 1st round draft picks signed with Adidas. ku just signed a huge extension with Adidas. They were one of the 1st big schools to jump on board with Adidas. You think Adidas is knee deep in this AND IS IGNORING THEIR BELL COW? Dollar Bill's neighbor, booster and ku supporter is Doug Compton, a known crook and bookmaker. The colon tightening you're smelling is wafting from up north, not here.
          I'm not as sure about this. They announce arrests but exclude big names like UK and/or KU? That kinda seems like bragging about your big 2 lb trout while ignoring the 50 lb tuna on the line... doesn't make sense if those big schools are in the net that they announce without naming them, too.

Comment

Just an FYI:

ASM Sports agency was raided by the FBI today. They took CEO Andy Miller's laptop. That just so happens to be the same agency and agent that represents Fred VanVleet.

There are currently zero Kansas players represented by that agency.

Might want to hold off on the trash talk on schools and coaches that haven't been indicted until the dust settles.

Honestly, every single school and coach with a player represented by this firm and/or ADIDAS should be worried at this point. That includes us. That includes KU. That includes K-State.
            So you're suggesting that ASM Sports Agency paid a bribe to a WSU assistant coach so that they could get a contract with Fred?

I mean isn't it quite a leap to implicate Fred because they took the sports agents laptop?
            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
              I'm not as sure about this. They announce arrests but exclude big names like UK and/or KU? That kinda seems like bragging about your big 2 lb trout while ignoring the 50 lb tuna on the line... doesn't make sense if those big schools are in the net that they announce without naming them, too.
              Might be taking longer to build that case vs KU. There zero doubt they paid players at this point.

Comment

• This is an entirely different level than anyone has seen before, not a mostly toothless NCAA, but a motivated FBI and U.S. Attorney in New York looking to make a big media splash.

Comment

• Guys like Josh Jackson go to college already having an agent. Guys like Fred have to find an agent after they graduate and find themselves trying to get a contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                    So you're suggesting that ASM Sports Agency paid a bribe to a WSU assistant coach so that they could get a contract with Fred?

I mean isn't it quite a leap to implicate Fred because they took the sports agents laptop?

Fred also wears Adidas shoes, btw.

But, I guess it's ok to point fingers at other schools and coaches who weren't indicted nor mentioned but not our own? Is that what's going on here? I should expect more from this message board, but I really don't. It's the general rule of thumb that taking pot shots at KU and K-State is good for some cheap Likes and Thanks. Gotta get those totals up, right guys?

I'm just saying don't be talking trash on other schools until the smoke clears, that's all. Who knows what's going on out there that the FBI has info on.

I'm sure Fred didn't take any money and I doubt any of our assistants did either, I know what kind of people they are, but all it takes is one big "can't turn that down" offer and poof, there goes NCAA wins and legacies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      Guys like Josh Jackson go to college already having an agent. Guys like Fred have to find an agent after they graduate and find themselves trying to get a contract.
                      If you think Fred was hurting for representation out of college you're kidding yourself. He was an All-American and two time conference MVP. He probably had agencies lining up.

Comment

If you think Fred was hurting for representation out of college you're kidding yourself. He was an All-American and two time conference MVP. He probably had agencies lining up.
                        Key point after he was already committed and played 4 years with WSU, not before like all the others.

You are kidding yourself if you feel that WSU in anyway is similar to the trash pulled at UK/Zona/Louisville/Florida/Syracuse over the years.

Comment

• After the criminal portion of this debacle has settled, how fast do you think the NCAA will act on programs? I mean, they're still not done with North Carolina.

Comment

But, I guess it's ok to point fingers at other schools and coaches who weren't indicted nor mentioned but not our own? Is that what's going on here? I should expect more from this message board, but I really don't. It's the general rule of thumb that taking pot shots at KU and K-State is good for some cheap Likes and Thanks. Gotta get those totals up, right guys?

I'm just saying don't be talking trash on other schools until the smoke clears, that's all. Who knows what's going on out there that the FBI has info on.

I'm sure Fred didn't take any money and I doubt any of our assistants did either, I know what kind of people they are, but all it takes is one big "can't turn that down" offer and poof, there goes NCAA wins and legacies.
                            Generally I feel this is good advice. I do not feel this is good advice in this instance.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Ok I get that you don't like the accusations that are being made about the programs up north (which I have not participated in) but I think is pretty crappy on your part to make baseless accusations against Fred and WSU.
                              Last edited by Shocker-maniac; September 27, 2017, 05:37 AM.
                              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

I'm just saying don't be talking trash on KU until the smoke clears, that's all. Who knows what's going on out there that the FBI has info on.
                                fixed that for you.

if it was UK talk, you probably wouldn't give a toss. tisk tisk don't go on the internet and be a hypocrite.

Comment

Working...
                                X