NBC News: "The FBI Has Arrested Several NCAA Assistant Basketball Coaches"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UofL official statement:

Today, the University of Louisville received notice that it is included in a federal investigation involving criminal activity related to men’s basketball recruiting.

While we are just learning about this information, this is a serious concern that goes to the heart of our athletic department and the university. UofL is committed to ethical behavior and adherence to NCAA rules; any violations will not be tolerated.

We will cooperate fully with any law enforcement or NCAA investigation into the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...44708102852608

Jon Rothstein‏ @JonRothstein 6m ago

"Louisville has received official notice that it is under FBI investigation, per release."
      It's ok guys.. Louisville states they are committed to ethical behavior. It's all better now.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        It's ok guys.. Louisville states they are committed to ethical behavior. It's all better now.
        Right?

LOL!!!

They're about as committed to ethical behavior as their coach is committed to his wife and marriage.

Comment

I can't take credit for this, saw it on the twitters: What if the only company left standing after this is Big Baller Brand?

Comment

It will be interesting to watch this unfold. I can't help but wonder the over/under on how many of the assistants roll over on the head coaches for a more lenient sentence. Meanwhile...

PERP WALK!

The best perp walk goes to...
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Axe View Post
              I can't take credit for this, saw it on the twitters: What if the only company left standing after this is Big Baller Brand?
              The snitch is actually Lavar Ball

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                more reason we might to steer clear of the "5 star" players. They're probably all on the take.
                As if this is only a problem for 5 star recruits...

Comment

Wonder how many U of L players will decommit ... I mean I would too if i saw someone got 100k and i only got 20k ...

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Whoa, you're right.

Will this cross over into other sports?
                    It wouldn't surprise me one bit if this ends up crossing over to NCAA FB as well in some manner. However I think BB will take the brunt of this.
                    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...44708102852608

Jon Rothstein‏ @JonRothstein 6m ago

"Louisville has received official notice that it is under FBI investigation, per release."
                      This seems so completely out of character.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                          As if this is only a problem for 5 star recruits...
                          Probably not, but surely they are the top targets for the shoe company. 3G always says he looks for recruits of high character that come from good families. I wonder if this is his way of saying,"we're not interested players with their hands out".

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Axe View Post
                            Miami is also involved in this. Looks like $150,000 was paid for a player to go there.

Maybe that's Pitino's way out, "hey, our guy only got $100,000. We're not the bad guys here afterall."
                            Or, "Hey! Look what I did! I got top players for a DISCOUNT! You can't fire me!"

Comment

Also of note .. apparently all of the other Top 10 5* prospects turn down 100k plus to go to UK, KU and Duke each year ...

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                                It wouldn't surprise me one bit if this ends up crossing over to NCAA FB as well in some manner. However I think BB will take the brunt of this.
                                That would not surprise me either. In fact, if it doesnt' crossover to FB might be a more surprising result. In any case, this might actually be a catalyst for some real and meaningful changes in how big time college football and men's basketball operate and are overseen.

Comment

Working...
                                X