Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Flaming Burning Stinking & Predictable Disaster that is Creighton Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The guy that started the poll is Final Four...in soccer maybe or his wildest dreams.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
      The guy that started the poll is Final Four...in soccer maybe or his wildest dreams.
      NIT perhaps?

They're such a pathetic bunch that if someone chose "CU Sweet Sixteen" as a handle it would still be a misnomer.

More appropriate choices might be "CU MVC Tournament Winner" or "CU NCAA First Weekend Participant".
      Last edited by SHOCKvalue; June 14, 2017, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• So true and yet so funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          NIT perhaps?

They're such a pathetic bunch that if someone chose "CU Sweet Sixteen" as a handle it would still be a misnomer.

More appropriate choices might be "CU MVC Tournament Winner" or "CU NCAA First Weekend Participant".

Perhaps it means there are only four people left who care.

Comment

• Sorry guys and gals for reviving this almost dead thread. But I went over to bjunderground today cause I was bored and they lost yesterday. And came across a thread called All time Villains and our beloved Wichita State has several mentions.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
              Sorry guys and gals for reviving this almost dead thread. But I went over to bjunderground today cause I was bored and they lost yesterday. And came across a thread called All time Villains and our beloved Wichita State has several mentions.

http://www.bluejayunderground.com/vi...php?f=8&t=4856
              I’ve got the perfect one for them and nobody over there has named it.

THE ROUND OF 32 OF THE NCAA MBB CHAMPIONSHIP !!

Comment

• It's not basketball related, but I will leave this right here...

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                  1972Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Never get tired of watching that. Perfection under pressure is always fun.

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                Sorry guys and gals for reviving this almost dead thread. But I went over to bjunderground today cause I was bored and they lost yesterday. And came across a thread called All time Villains and our beloved Wichita State has several mentions.

http://www.bluejayunderground.com/vi...php?f=8&t=4856
                Some of their WSU mentions are weird. Ron Baker? They literally only played against him ONCE. What did he ever do to them? Fred played in a couple more games, but again, I don't recall anything that Fred did in those games that would rankle their feathers. Now, had sCUm stuck around the Valley for a bit longer, then hell yes Ron and Fred would have kicked their sCUmmy @$$&$ all over Oma-hell.

Now, I can totally see why they would list Gregg, Gene, Jamar, Matt, and Jim Audley.

Come to think of it...this might make for a good thread topic this summer when we don't have anything else to discuss.
                78-65

Comment

• WuDrWu
                  WuDrWu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Also the king of trash talking, Garrett Stutz. Kind of lets you know how rent free we're living in the minds of random Cu fan, especially when they mention Ron Baker and his 1 game history with the Blowjays. Paying attention much? If it wasn't a KState transfer I honestly don't think I could name a Cu player the last 5 years. I know they had a good tall kid that was a redshirt one and done recently but I can't remember his name. It's almost like they don't exist anymore.

• shoxilla
                  shoxilla commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Please name the thread:
                  "I went over to bjunderground today cause I was bored and they lost yesterday."
                  LOL

• They watched Ron play so many NCAA Tourney games after their team's season was over, it made them jealous, which became anger, which became bad memories of a player they rarely faced.

Comment

• I had someone ask me the other day if I've watched Creighton play latley.. Really caught me off guard. They are like a twice removed family member. No real reason to pay any attention or worry about them and a ridiculous history that's best forgotten.

Comment

• I think having an ongoing home/home series with them makes sense and would be fun. A yearly battle of the survivors from the MVC. I’m not sure they’re up for it though. It seems like the willingness is there on our side; not so much on theirs.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• We already have 2 games a year against x-MVC teams Cincinnati, Memphis, Tulsa, and Houston. Do we really need another one?
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• This thread made me happy today. I love being more relevant than Creighton basketball. I can't remember the last time I saw them mentioned by anybody nationally.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Since 1999, Creighton has the most NCAA tournament berths (12) without a Sweet 16 appearance.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Cdizzle
                            Cdizzle commented
                            Editing a comment
                            A list of mid-majors. How fitting.

• At least they’re consistent

Comment

Working...
                          X