Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Flaming Burning Stinking & Predictable Disaster that is Creighton Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
    That Runza place is yucky.
    My kids love the Runza, I hate the Runza.
    They grew up here, I didn't.
    I won't go to the Runza.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Stella's.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
        Stella's.
        Solid!

Dinker's = O V E R R A T E D!

Louis M's Burger Lust is great, but the service sucks. I like driving through Vinton, though.

Try Block 16. Very ecclectic and very good. Alton Brown ate there and recommends it.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I like the bierocks at Runza.

My wife - the NE native - likes the runzas at Runza.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            I like the bierocks at Runza.

My wife - the NE native - likes the runzas at Runza.
            My dad had a friend that made bierocks and even sold them at Arkalalaha back in the day. They were a lot better than your basic runza.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
              Solid!

Dinker's = O V E R R A T E D!

Louis M's Burger Lust is great, but the service sucks. I like driving through Vinton, though.

Try Block 16. Very ecclectic and very good. Alton Brown ate there and recommends it.
              https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...gg84fc8rvKtN1w
              I like dinkers. Would rather go to Louie Ms for breakfast. The corned beef hash is amazing.

For a decent burger at a super price you go to Tiger Toms on Tuesday for $5 burger and frys.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                I like dinkers. Would rather go to Louie Ms for breakfast. The corned beef hash is amazing.

For a decent burger at a super price you go to Tiger Toms on Tuesday for $5 burger and frys.
                Years ago, I had just moved to Omaha and played in a golf league at Benson. We ate....and drank at Tiger Tom's. Good food. The bar lacked atmosphere, but that is just probably me.

Comment

• Drovers

Comment

• Before I saw it posted in this thread, I never thought of Omaha being a place for a great burger. That said, it is. I'm sure Wichita is as well, probably most cities Texas to North Dakota are great cities for burgers and steaks.

But the best burgers I've ever had are not in the cities, but the small towns. If you drive an hour North, South, East or West of Wichita and plop your fat ass into a chair at whatever watering hole you find, you're in for a special treat! A huge burger that melts in your mouth, hand cut fries and a pickle. A little juice escapes the corner of your mouth as you look around and see everyone that stared at you as you walked in, now has returned to their own business. No flatscreen, just an old Zenith with a digital converter and Dish Network, if they're that sophisticated. Oh, but no free refills on soda. Sorry.

That is where you find a great burger. Except in David City. The shithole in David city has burgers rejected by McDonald's.

Comment

• It's all about the grill in my opinion. There was a roadside diner with two gas pumps out by Fall River. Great Burgers and fries but the Highway moved closer and they moved operations to a nearby motel. Didn't take the grill which I assume was "seasoned" much like a cast iron skillet is. Burgers were never the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        It's all about the grill in my opinion. There was a roadside diner with two gas pumps out by Fall River. Great Burgers and fries but the Highway moved closer and they moved operations to a nearby motel. Didn't take the grill which I assume was "seasoned" much like a cast iron skillet is. Burgers were never the same.
                        Same thing happened when Tak-Homa-Burger moved from near LD stadium. After several months in the new place, the owner brought back the old grill and business increased immediately.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                          It's all about the grill in my opinion. There was a roadside diner with two gas pumps out by Fall River. Great Burgers and fries but the Highway moved closer and they moved operations to a nearby motel. Didn't take the grill which I assume was "seasoned" much like a cast iron skillet is. Burgers were never the same.
                          Yep! It's all about the grill!
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• lol, the jealousy is strong with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              http://bluejayunderground.com/viewto...695da04edb26ae

lol, the jealousy is strong with them.
                              A whole 21 votes. Impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                                A whole 21 votes. Impressive.
                                That's pretty much their entire online community.

Comment

Working...
                                X