Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Flaming Burning Stinking & Predictable Disaster that is Creighton Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
    If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.
    Holy Jesus... Lol. What would you do if Hitler was a KU fan?

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
      Holy Jesus... Lol. What would you do if Hitler was a KU fan?
      Tell him to hold the fries.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
        This glorified mid major conference has got many fooled into thinking they are a power conference. Big East is a joke
        Not many. No one watches them.

Comment

• Guess who took last in the Big East

Comment

• That made my day a little brighter.

Roll Jayz
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
              http://www.bluejayunderground.com/vi...=3594&start=30

Quote: by JayPharmAlum » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:57 am

I like the Valley a lot and think WSU and UNI are legit. That said, I saw a stat that they have a combined three wins over Top 50 teams - UNI over VCU and WSU; WSU over Tulsa. It's possible that the Shox could make the field as an at large without beating a single team in the tournament which has only been done a couple of times ever.

As difficult a year as it has been, I think CU would be 3rd in the MVC at worst and would probably beat UNI and WSU once or twice as well. In the end, it doesn't matter because we aren't in the Valley anymore.

@#$%ING DELUSIONAL!!!!

FreddyMac wrote: This is so dumb I can't believe I'm responding to it but there's no way either WSU or UNI has any chance to win the BE this year. WSU has played two top-25 RPI teams the entire year and they lost them both. One of them they got absolutely killed in. UNI has played two top-25 RPI teams the entire year and is 1-1 with the win being against WSU (the team with no top-25 RPI wins). Villanova has played 7 top-25 RPI teams this year and has lost one. So WSU played 2 and has ended up with more losses than Villanova in their 7. Wichita's lone top-50 win was against #42 Tulsa which would be Nova's worst top-50 win. Yep, WSU really has a "strong chance" of finishing ahead of Nova this year.

CU has played 13 of our 28 games against the RPI top 50 and we still have as good of or a better record than half the Valley. Yet your conclusion is that we'd somehow finish in the bottom three of the Valley? CU would probably finish 3rd or 4th in the Valley this year. WSU and UNI would probably finish anywhere between 3rd and 5th in the Big East. There's absolutely no chance that WSU or UNI would sniff a BE title this year and the same chance that CU would be a play-in team in the Valley.

MAKES NO SENSE!!!!!
              With CU's home loss and Marquette's win, CU is once again in last after a brief stint at next to last. The team was able to sort that out quickly with yet another home loss.

I just want to point out something to any CU fans who would like to say they are a top half valley team because of their 138 RPI. If you are 138 but you are sitting BEHIND DePaul by 2 games in your league standings, and they are 178, HOW DO YOU DECIDE YOUR 138 MEANS ANYTHING? (And I mean specifically about where you would land in the MVC standings)

If you are using 138 to say you would finish higher than the 190 Trees, I am not sure I am buying that. Oh, and anything lower than the Trees puts you with the Thursday teams...

CU would have been 6th in the MVC this year, lower than Loyola was, and only as high as 6th because of how amazingly horrible 3 of the "should be" proudest teams in this league have been lately.
              Last edited by Dave Stalwart; March 8, 2015, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• NM

Comment

• Comment

• CU is down six at half to Georgetown. They are also currently behind their MVC replacement in rpi @ ~ 140 vs. 134.
                    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• They're also trolling our blog (or at least suspected to be. Life in the big priest must be tough.........

Comment

• But the sweater vests get to go to NY and watch their team take a beating. But they still have to return to Omaha.

Comment

• Creighton wraps up their worst season since 1995. What a shame.

Comment

• State of Nebraska is officially done with basketball this year. Good news now Creighton can focus on hosting a regional. That's as close as they get to the Dance for a few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                              That's as close as they get to the Dance for a few years.
                              probably six years or so. four, if they're lucky.

Comment

• Good plan by CU and McDermott. Don't try to compete with UNL spring football. If UNL spring FB was televised it would draw more viewers than CU BB.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X