Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Flaming Burning Stinking & Predictable Disaster that is Creighton Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JayPak View Post
    C'mon JH4P, you're a numbers/logic guy and you should know by now that I truly respect WSU, am pulling for you guys to get into the AAC, and wouldn't troll you. Now there's no archive or transcript of the postgame radio show... BUT fortunately McDermott (or "Wookie" as some of you so affectionately call him) said the exact same thing a few minutes earlier during the postgame press conference.

Check out the video proof, which I set to the moment of the quote for your convenience (so you don't have to listen to any additional Creighton basketball talk).
    And no, Doubting Jamar, it's NOT a Rickroll.

https://youtu.be/Cl9Ar6k-8VE?t=830
    I stand corrected. I imagined that McDermott brought up WSU on his own. Makes more sense realizing the reporter brought up WSU in the question.

Thanks for the link.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      I don't like cu at all, mostly because of their bandie fan base and general douchebaggery of their students and loyal fans.

Like any place though, they have good fans too, and many I've come to like and enjoy visiting with.

Like someone said earlier, their move to the BE has opened up new recruiting options, and they have an outstanding team right now.

The Patton kid is really good and going to be beast as long as he hangs around and their 2 transfers give them options they once only dreamed of.

They're good.
      I would like to take this moment to thank MoValley John, a sCUm fan first and an adopted WSU fan second. Man fits in here like white on rice. He needs a WSU shirt.

And to comment on the quality of their team, they are good enough that they might finally see the second weekend in the tournament.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Interesting that the Team Rankings site, for what it's worth, now has WSU slightly ahead of Creighton (WSU #20 vs. #22 for the Jayboys), with three other Big East teams in the top 20 ahead of them. Still, a couple of games with them would sure liven up the Valley schedule this year.

Comment

• If anyone is lacking in will or incentive to still writhe with hate towards everything Creighton, I offer you this gift:

Generated by CU and offered as a handout to their student section for their final home game against us in 2013. It is almost sickening, and as anyone who knows me personally would tell you, I'm far from PC, and I'm fairly comfortable with rough jokes.

Comment

• Honestly, that's a pretty tame handout... I've seen much worse

Comment

• I've seen worse in WSU's student section.
              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• I didn't want to say anything, but I didn't see much wrong. Back in the old Valley Talk days, fans, even from Wichita State, discussed their handouts, many much worse.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  This is probably not a real good year to be trash-talking Creighton.

CU is 6-1 against rpi top-100. Shox are 0-3. CU's rpi is 7, WSU's is 74. They seem to be better this year than they were when they had McDermott, Jr. playing for them. McDermott, Sr. seems better able to recruit to CU in the Big East than he was at recruiting to Iowa State in the B12.
                  Yeah, this thread title seems oddly out of place this year.

Comment

• Even though I hate CU, that handout is pretty funny.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Boy, I thought after the Canada trip that things couldn't get any worse. Now we find out that Coach fell asleep on a recruiting trip. There are some seriously sick things on this list, someone should probably pass it on to the proper authorities so these kids can receive the justice they deserve.

Comment

• That would be when Carl Hall still had his dreads. I'd have been scared to talk much trash to him if I was sitting very close.
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Kyle Korver is shooting 40.9 percent from 3-point range this season. The defending NBA champion Cleveland Cavaliers have reached an agreement on a deal to acquire guard Kyle Korver from the Atlanta Hawks, league sources told The Vertical. The Cavaliers and Hawks are still finalizing the terms of the trade, with a 2019 first-round pick and Mike Dunleavy Jr. going to Atlanta, league sources said.

Comment

• I don't care how good Creighton is. I still love this thread and it always belongs. :)

Comment

• Nice representation of the perfect Catholic institution that they are.

Christ approves!
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                                That would be when Carl Hall still had his dreads. I'd have been scared to talk much trash to him if I was sitting very close.
                                Yeah. He'd mop the floor with the lifeless body of the Creighton mascot.

Comment

Working...
                                X