Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Flaming Burning Stinking & Predictable Disaster that is Creighton Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't wish injuries on anyone but JAY DOG's luscious karma post might be coming back to bite him. Doubt we see him again for a while.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• That was ugly.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
        That was ugly.
        What was? Some of us had to "work" today.
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
          What was? Some of us had to "work" today.
          Creighton- Xavier game. It was uglier than JAYDOG's needless post.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
            Creighton- Xavier game. It was uglier than JAYDOG's needless post.
            Creighton win? That's always ugly.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
              Creighton win? That's always ugly.
              It's their 17th of the year. That said, they may have lost their mvp.

Comment

• Creighton PG Watson out for season with torn ACL.

Comment

• Feel bad for Watson and the rest of the Creighton team. They had a legit chance to make a run this year and were a fun team to watch play. As for the Creighton fans, this kick to the nuts couldn't of happened to a better group.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
                    As for the Creighton fans, this kick to the nuts couldn't of happened to a better group.
                    This.

Jay Dog's timing was impeccable. Just couldn't help it.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I feel awful for Watson. That is just terrible. And after the initial reports seemed to indicate that it might just be the meniscus...stinks for college basketball.

Even though I don't get FS1 (like most Americans) I have seen a little of Creighton play this year at sports bars and what not. I think McDermott is a vastly improved coach from what he was like in the Valley and Big XII. I watched his UNI, ISU, and Valley era Creighton teams play a lot and I always felt like he was kind of a meathead. Sort of the poster boy for those who see college coaches as being glorified PE majors rather than supposed geniuses. But he has figured things out apparently. He can coach. Bill Self was the same way. Never thought much of him at X's and O's until the last five years or so.

It was also nice to see Creighton beat up on the place where I started my collegiate journey (Truman State). Lots of Kirksville ladies rebuffed my overtures in the 1.5 years that Truman State was blessed with my presence. Nice to see them get theirs if that makes any sense.

Comment

• Ouch -- that's too bad for anyone, even the Jayboys. Hope he recovers fully.

Comment

• Don't worry about the Creighton fans, they will be fine. Nebraska football season starts in 7 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            This.

Jay Dog's timing was impeccable. Just couldn't help it.
                            Had multiple Creighton fans talking crap on Twitter after the WSU loss to ISU. After I pointed out their lack of success in the NCAA tournament ... ever, they started bragging about their TV deal, Top 10 ranking, and get this ... Number of MVC championship. Nothing like bragging about winning the conference you left.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post

It was also nice to see Creighton beat up on the place where I started my collegiate journey (Truman State). Lots of Kirksville ladies rebuffed my overtures in the 1.5 years that Truman State was blessed with my presence. Nice to see them get theirs if that makes any sense.
                              I will prefice with this, Casey, never, ever leave, your posts make my day! This last paragraph I just spit yogurt up through my nose laughing so hard! And let me tell you, milk through the nose happens, but yogurt through the nose, like a well placed shot to the grapes, can be very painful.

On to Truman State, so you were rebuffed by their coeds... perhaps it was your outdated Members Only jacket. Maybe it was your jorts. Maybe its because you live in an apartment with the shitty cable, I don't know.

But please, don't judge an institution of higher learning on you striking out with the babes. Maybe it was your Hai Karate after shave.... Or your hairlip. It could have been your car, chicks don't like dating guys that drive Yugo's. There are hundreds of reasons that Friday in Kansas City meant no sex for Casey, you can't hate the school for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                Had multiple Creighton fans talking crap on Twitter after the WSU loss to ISU. After I pointed out their lack of success in the NCAA tournament ... ever, they started bragging about their TV deal, Top 10 ranking, and get this ... Number of MVC championship. Nothing like bragging about winning the conference you left.
                                Where were they at a year or two ago?

They might finally make an NCAA Tournament this year.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X