Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Flaming Burning Stinking & Predictable Disaster that is Creighton Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    I always thought Creighton was mostly know for its School of Dentistry.
    Not anymore. Because Carl Hall and the shocker school of dentistry really drilled them up in Omaha a few years ago.......

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
      Not anymore. Because Carl Hall and the shocker school of dentistry really drilled them up in Omaha a few years ago.......
      Did it old school too, no anesthetic.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• I was thinking maybe being a Dental school would explain why they seemed to be so down in the mouth this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
          shoxlax, where's your link? I want to see a funny picture.
          Sorry, I fixed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            Like this Creighton graduate who majored in Food Science:

Bump...too good not to.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
              And whats really funny was it was a knee operation.
              What was he doing with a testicle in his knee?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                People generally have more pride and allegiance to their undergrad school, than where they do grad school/med school/vet school/law school, etc. A lot of the time they have no allegiances at all to where they do grad work. My wife has a childhood friend who is a CU med grad. The girl might possibly struggle to tell you what the CU mascot is, if you asked. However, she could likely tell you the entire starting offense and defense for the Husker football team - her undergrad alma mater.
                Yup. I actively root against my grad school alma mater. My distaste for the B12 is stronger than any attachment I have to them.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Has Creighton ever reached the Sweet 16?

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                    Has Creighton ever reached the Sweet 16?
                    Twice. Lost in sweet 16 to Cincy in the 62' tourney and KU in 74'.
                    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                      Has Creighton ever reached the Sweet 16?
                      Creighton has never won consecutive NCAA Tournament games.
                      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        What was he doing with a testicle in his knee?
                        I would swear that somewhere on my computer I have a song titled "Do Your Balls Hang Low". Can't find it right now, but I believe that would explain this phenomenon.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                          I'm sure watching WSU advance to the Sweet 16 in Omaha, of all places, traumatized the CU fan base. Lol
                          Last edited by bleed yellow; April 15, 2015, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                            People generally have more pride and allegiance to their undergrad school, than where they do grad school/med school/vet school/law school, etc. A lot of the time they have no allegiances at all to where they do grad work. My wife has a childhood friend who is a CU med grad. The girl might possibly struggle to tell you what the CU mascot is, if you asked. However, she could likely tell you the entire starting offense and defense for the Husker football team - her undergrad alma mater.

And @Play Angry, your $21K OOS tuition figure is for grad work at WSU, not undergrad. For 30 hours of OOS undergrad tuition is more like $15K. Simple mistake.
                            Agreed. I have my bachelor's from WSU and master's from Illinois. I may have caught bits of Illinois sporting events over the years, but I don't think I have intentionally watched an entire Illinois Basketball or Football game in the 7 years since my affiliation with them began. The only reason I know the name players on the Illinois basketball team is because guys I watched in the Valley transferred there.
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                              Keep in mind this was before the field had 64 teams. Only 1 win got you to the Sweet 16.

Creighton has done nothing meaningful in the post season for their entire existence.

EDIT: According to Wikipedia, this is how many teams were in the tournament in this time frame. 32 teams came in 1975. The Sweet 16 wasn't very sweet...
                              • 1953–1974: varied between 22 and 25 teams

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                                What the hell did I start? All I was doing was pointing out that Creighton doesn't differentiate tuition rates based on Nebraska residency. No more, no less. Let's pretend my post on instate tuition never happened.
                                Actually, MVJ, do most private schools differentiate according to residency? Why would they?

Come to think of it, though, that's off topic. So feel free to pretend that my foregoing post also never happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X