South Carolina fires Darrin Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    Scott Sutton is a realistic candidate at Nebraska: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...ton-doc-sadler
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by USCgamecockboy View Post
      . even if it take 20 more coaches.
      Maybe you need to try a different AD before hiring 20 more coaches....just a thought.

Comment

• If GM wasn't interested in USC or any other coaching position for that matter, why hasn't he come out and said I'm staying here and pulling his name out of all consideration? So are we all in agreement that he is in fact exploring his options and seeing what is the biggest contract he can get? Silence in this case is not golden in my opinion. If GM was in fact not interested in moving on, why would he prolong the speculation? I need answers dammit!

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
          If GM wasn't interested in USC or any other coaching position for that matter, why hasn't he come out and said I'm staying here and pulling his name out of all consideration? So are we all in agreement that he is in fact exploring his options and seeing what is the biggest contract he can get? Silence in this case is not golden in my opinion. If GM was in fact not interested in moving on, why would he prolong the speculation? I need answers dammit!
          Not saying he isn't looking at other positions but even if he isn't interested it would be bad business to come out and say that.

Comment

• I don't have any idea if he is or is not exploring his options. But at the very least he is keeping his options open.

Perhaps a fact of life we will have to regularly live with as long as Coach Marshall is here I suppose.

Comment

If GM wasn't interested in USC or any other coaching position for that matter, why hasn't he come out and said I'm staying here and pulling his name out of all consideration? So are we all in agreement that he is in fact exploring his options and seeing what is the biggest contract he can get? Silence in this case is not golden in my opinion. If GM was in fact not interested in moving on, why would he prolong the speculation? I need answers dammit!
              It's called Business 101. If he comes out and says he is not interested, period, this early in the game, with all of these jobs open, he's basically lost all renegotiating power here. He could parlay this into a raise, more incentives, and a real sweet long term deal. Don't blame him a bit either, even if you do need answers.

Comment

• Why would he need to declare anything unless he has an offer to accept or decline?

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                  From Twitter regarding Shaka Smart
                  Seth Davis

I have neard no mention of Marshall being on Illinois short list, but will be interestin.g to see what happens if this is true...
                  I was REALLY hoping Smart would take the job. Illinois kind of concerns me. At least a little. Sounds like they were throwing big money at Smart. If he turns it down I could see Marshall being on their list. Much better job than SC and he has a staff that has built some ties in Illinois. Could be interesting. We will see what happens
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Definitely a LOT of chatter about Martin to USC being a strong possibility. Have to think there could be some truth to this
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

He did the same thing with NC State. He likes to flirt. He has a huge ego and gets his jollies (I don't blame him) off being courted.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                        I was REALLY hoping Smart would take the job. Illinois kind of concerns me. At least a little. Sounds like they were throwing big money at Smart. If he turns it down I could see Marshall being on their list. Much better job than SC and he has a staff that has built some ties in Illinois. Could be interesting. We will see what happens
                        If Bruce Weber was making 1.3 after making the Championship game, you have no reason to be concerned. I can't believe they will double the basketball salary for 3G, even if he would be interested (and I don't think he will).

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          If Bruce Weber was making 1.3 after making the Championship game, you have no reason to be concerned. I can't believe they will double the basketball salary for 3G, even if he would be interested (and I don't think he will).
                          oh wow. I never paid attention to Weber's salary. Just assumed it was alot higher. That does make me feel better about that one then.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            As someone who recently finished grad work at the University of Illinois, I can tell you that I heard plenty about the state's financial difficulties and they extend heavily into the state university system. Obviously, athletic program budgets and school budgets are somewhat separate, but I don't think there is as much free money sitting around as you would expect at a school the size of Illinois. Plus, I got the impression that the school was tapping its donors pretty hard to cover educational expenses. There may not be much more blood to squeeze from that stone.
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                              As someone who recently finished grad work at the University of Illinois, I can tell you that I heard plenty about the state's financial difficulties and they extend heavily into the state university system. Obviously, athletic program budgets and school budgets are somewhat separate, but I don't think there is as much free money sitting around as you would expect at a school the size of Illinois. Plus, I got the impression that the school was tapping its donors pretty hard to cover educational expenses. There may not be much more blood to squeeze from that stone.
                              Watched a cubs game a few years ago and sat in the outfield with a bunch of illini grads who were passing around a fat one. Maybe illinois could squeeze some blood from the stoners.

Comment

Renegotiating here.

The possibility of an amazing job popping up with a crazy salary. I don't think there's much argument that could be made if UNC came courting him with a $3M contract. Obviously not going to happen, but there are jobs and salaries he could certainly leave for. Just not a lot. WSU's a good job ... it's not the BEST job, though. Illinois might be a possibility if HCGM was their first choice and they were willing to pay enough. I just don't see it happening for what they'd likely pay and the fact that Smart is their first choice.

That, and I agree that he probably likes to be courted.
                                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                                X