South Carolina fires Darrin Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Metalkatz View Post
    What I see in Shakas current contract that absolutley NEEDS to be in any future HCGM contracts is that 800k buyout AND the the 2 year home and home series!
    Also, I believe it's one or other, not both. If the hiring school doesn't want to play VCU, they can pay the buyout instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      Also, I believe it's one or other, not both. If the hiring school doesn't want to play VCU, they can pay the buyout instead.
      There's the 800k for the buyout of the coach. Then there's a H/H series or a 250k buyout of that.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        There's the 800k for the buyout of the coach. Then there's a H/H series or a 250k buyout of that.
        Ok, thanks for the clarification. I'm Shaked he agreed to such terms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metalkatz View Post
          What I see in Shakas current contract that absolutley NEEDS to be in any future HCGM contracts is that 800k buyout AND the the 2 year home and home series!
          When Darrin Horn was hired by South Carolina, he had the same thing in his previous contract at Western Kentucky. To his credit, IIRC he honored that clause after taking the USC job.

Comment

• http://sportstalkgolive.com/index.ph...y-for-usc-job/ Tubby?
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
              Tubby seems like a good fit for them.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

• But from reading their board last week or so, they weren't too happy with the thought of Tubby. However, I think he'll do a good job no matter where he is.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

But from reading their board last week or so, they weren't too happy with the thought of Tubby. However, I think he'll do a good job no matter where he is.
                  I agree hes a proven winner
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                    I bet this will worry some of the UNI fans if Tubby does go to South Carolina.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                      I bet this will worry some of the UNI fans if Tubby does go to South Carolina.
                      I forgot that that was the one job that most UNI fans worried about with Jacobson. He's a heck of a coach and would hate to see him leave the Valley. Not sure who would take over that program but UNI can't afford to miss on a coach.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I'm a little surprised that Nebraska hasn't made a run at Coach Jacobson, although I suppose it is possible they have and were rebuffed.

I could see Minnesota being a worry for UNI fans if that domino were to fall.

Comment

Not sure who would take over that program but UNI can't afford a coach.

Fixed.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                            Tubby seems like a good fit for them.
                            Tubby's never had a +.500 conference record at MN and was 9-7 at UK his last two years there. Over that 7 years, he's averaged a 21-13 over all record and 56-66 in conference. I'd expect about the same for USC.

Comment

• http://sportstalkgolive.com/index.ph...ice-tag-audio/ maybe not TUBBY

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                I'd be surprised if anyone turned that offer down.

They could buy one of these... :)

Check Out The New Victoria's Secret Bra Worth A Whopping $3 Million

Bet it looks better on the floor

Comment

Working...
                                X