South Carolina fires Darrin Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    It is my opinion, and my opinion only, that if this information is correct, and that 3G isn't their first choice, then it is a dead issue.

USC, at one time, might have been Gregg's "dream job". I think that bird flew the coop 4 years ago when they hired Horn. There ended his "dream job".

If it's known that 3G is their 2nd choice (or worse) I would suspect it will take in the neighborhood of a couple bazzillion (or even gazzillion) to get him to get him to leave Wichita for South Carolina. USC screwed it up once....and it sounds like they screwed it up again.

Best news I've heard in some time.
    +1

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
      You do realize that every school will say that any coach that said no to them wasn't really their first choice, right? I'll bet there was even someone at Oregon claiming that Altman was their first choice.
      true, but some r different. i believe our guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by USCgamecockboy View Post
        I am wondering if you have met our Dofo? It seems that you two might be related.

Comment

Just like you believed Darrin Horn was going to be your savior...how did that work out?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
            Just like you believed Darrin Horn was going to be your savior...how did that work out?
            it would of worked out great if he did what needed to be done. i am not one who gives up on my program. I WILL ALWAYS BE A FIGHTING GAMECOCK!! we r winning in football,women's basketball,soccer,tennis and other sports here. only one who is not winning is our men's basketball team. we will win again in men's basketball here. . even if it take 20 more coaches.

Comment

witchita,ks<Cola,sc SC>KS .... NEXT!!
              LOL. I guess if that kind of jibberish is the acceptable form of communication, then yes SC>KS.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

it would of worked out great if he did what needed to be done. i am not one who gives up on my program. I WILL ALWAYS BE A FIGHTING GAMECOCK!! we r winning in football,women's basketball,soccer,tennis and other sports here. only one who is not winning is our men's basketball team. we will win again in men's basketball here. . even if it take 20 more coaches.
                At least you have accepted your role in college basketball obscurity. 20 coaches and counting..
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Maybe your ad picker is broken then.

Comment

• Whether or not Marshall is 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, dead last, or not even an option isn't really the point. The point is, he needs $2.5 million to be considered as any option...and he's barely making 1 million now. That speaks volumes about our program, city and state as a whole, especially coming from a guy who's from the East coast. I don't really care what random trolls from the USC message board think...I do however care about who, what and where Marshall thinks is better and we have that answer.

Comment

• I've been busier today than flies on a cow patty in the hot Texas sun so I haven't had time to post, but K-State fans are really worried about this deal. Maybe it's Frank posturing for a raise, but I don't think so.

Comment

• Wait a minute. K-State can't be a stepping stone job can it?...
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

You've really turned me around on my view of the South Carolina education system. I don't know why the public education system in SC is rated dead last in the country, behind every state and D.C.

There was a slight chance I could see HCGM heading to SC just to be home a few weeks ago. I don't think there's any chance now. If SC wants to go with Frank Martin, though, be my guest. Considering their football coach, he seems to be right up their alley. Average success, gigantic douche is the coaching model at ol' USC.
                          Last edited by Rlh04d; March 20, 2012, 02:33 PM.
                          Originally posted by BleacherReport
                          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• K-State is not a stepping stone, but Frank made it clear last year that he wanted the Miami job so he was looking. Sounds like Martin and the K-State Athletic Dept may not be seeing eye-to-eye lately and he wants out. Only Martin knows.

As to Marshall wanting $2.5 Million -- that has not been confirmed and we only again have "rumor" to thank for that tidbit of news. Only Marshall knows. If, like Bruce said last night on the news, SC is really looking to hire a minority, then Martin fits the bill far better than Marshall. All the more good for us.

And quit calling the SC posters names and telling them they don't know what they are talking about. They have enough to deal with in their name. Much rather be called a Shocker than a "cock", wouldn't you?

Comment

our former gamecock pg said on his sports radio show, that marshall isn't our first choice on our a.d. list.

trust if coach marshall was our first choice. we would have him already.i love our s.c. boy and wish him nothing but the best. i believe our a.d. will get the right coach for us.
                              If Marshall isn't your choice, then why are you still here? lol
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• even if it takes 20 more coaches.
                                The hundred-year plan. Not often you see one of those in D1 ball. Although it might be a realistic goal for turning that program around.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X