No announcement yet.

South Carolina fires Darrin Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the hell does Mike Davis get fired at UAB? Up to this year a pretty good record. I would hope that if we played .500 ball next year we'd give the coach a little slack Admittedly I am not too hip on their prospects for next year, but it seems a quick trigger.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
      How the hell does Mike Davis get fired at UAB? Up to this year a pretty good record. I would hope that if we played .500 ball next year we'd give the coach a little slack Admittedly I am not too hip on their prospects for next year, but it seems a quick trigger.
      According to some accounts, it was because of dwindling attendance figures. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't that be the responsibility of the PR department? If anything, those people should be let go. I totally agree with you. It was a moronic quick trigger. Hell, UAB won freaking Conference USA last year and got a freaking at-large bid.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        According to some accounts, it was because of dwindling attendance figures. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't that be the responsibility of the PR department? If anything, those people should be let go. I totally agree with you. It was a moronic quick trigger. Hell, UAB won freaking Conference USA last year and got a freaking at-large bid.
        I agree with you. I think it was a very quick trigger. Especially in a down economy, attendance was down almost everywhere this year. I have a feeling there must be more to the story.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
          Doesn't make sense to me. He turned down NC State last year which is close enough to home to be home. It's only a couple of hundred miles from SC. HCGM was reportedly interested in Tennessee (and vice versa) at one point of another in his career. Marshall didn't go to SC, so I just don't get why it would be so much more attractive than NC State or even Wake Forest for that matter.
          b/c he is a S.C. boy not N.C boy. he has always wanted to be head coach here .

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
            I agree with you. I think it was a very quick trigger. Especially in a down economy, attendance was down almost everywhere this year. I have a feeling there must be more to the story.
            It certainly seems that way. Interesting to see what kind of paycheck their next guy gets. Barry Hinson for $17.50 an hour plus a HSA and discount card to Chilis?
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by USCgamecockboy View Post
              b/c he is a S.C. boy not N.C boy. he has always wanted to be head coach here .
              Maybe not anymore, considering he wants an enormous paycheck to come "home" to that hellhole of a program.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I am not worried, Are you worried ?

And yes, I will sleep well tonight.

Shocks Up !

Comment

• There is a high school head coaching job open in omaha. Do you think HCGM might take that?

Comment

• You could do much worse than Barry Hinson. I like the guy a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                      I hate all of these rumors. I can't wait until they are all put to rest. Unfortunately with coaching vacancies that can take a long time.

There is that domino effect. One job filled creates another opening and the merry go round goes on and on.
                      I wasn't really concerned to begin with, but once the top programs fill their vacancies we can be rest assured he's not going anywhere.
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I'd just like to point out that at some point in this thread, I said it'd take SC about 2.5 to get 3G to consider going to that hell hole and taking a step back from success. If these reports are true.... :D

Home or not, it's not a good job. SC would have better and cheaper success going after Frank Martin who obviously wants out of KSU and has for a couple of seasons now.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I think HCGM is playing his cards close to his vest.

Comment

• post from cockytalk

You every been to kansas? That's why he'd be willing to come home.
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Unless I misheard (is that even a word?) last night I believe I heard Bruce say that SC was looking to hire a minority. Take that for what it's worth.

Comment

• 810 WHB in KC reporting Frank Martin is a candidate for USC job with strong interest per gamecock website.
                                "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
                                which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

Working...
                                X