No announcement yet.

South Carolina fires Darrin Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a minuite. Martin was just on CBS and Greg Gumbel asked him: "Everyone's talking about you going to SC. Would you like to put that to rest right now?"

Martin said: "You know, in the age of social media we live in right now, it's crazy. You know, I was scheduled to be in a press conference today in South Carolna and I was sitting and watching a show in New York City last night and obviously I'm sitting with you guys today so --- the stuff that gets out there, today ---. I look at it as a compliment that we are doing our job the right way at Kansas State that these kinds of things get out there."

Gumbel: "Where are you going after the show today?"

Martin: "That's my wife's decision."

Did anyone hear that he was NOT going to SC or that he was going to STAY at KState? I didn't. I saw a lot of tap dancing around. Monday or Tuesday are going to be interesting to say the least.

Comment

• Time to transfer this thread to the Around the NCAA forum.
      In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
        In a minuite. Martin was just on CBS and Greg Gumbel asked him: "Everyone's talking about you going to SC. Would you like to put that to rest right now?"

Martin said: "You know, in the age of social media we live in right now, it's crazy. You know, I was scheduled to be in a press conference today in South Carolna and I was sitting and watching a show in New York City last night and obviously I'm sitting with you guys today so --- the stuff that gets out there, today ---. I look at it as a compliment that we are doing our job the right way at Kansas State that these kinds of things get out there."

Gumbel: "Where are you going after the show today?"

Martin: "That's my wife's decision."

Did anyone hear that he was NOT going to SC or that he was going to STAY at KState? I didn't. I saw a lot of tap dancing around. Monday or Tuesday are going to be interesting to say the least.

He definitely didn't put it to rest. Let me try my hand at interpreting what he said:

Gumbel: Everyone's talking about you going to SC. Would you like to put that to rest right now?

Martin: No, I sure wouldn't Greg. It's crazy in the age of social media we live in right now, all it takes is just one person to blow my cover. I look at it as a compliment that we did our job the right way at Kansas State that so many people are looking forward to my arrival at SC.

Gumbel: Where are you going after the show today?

Martin: The wife wants to get the hell outta Manhattan ASAP.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
          Time to transfer this thread to the Around the NCAA forum.
          Absolutely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker Schwartz View Post
            Absolutely.
            why?

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
              Time to transfer this thread to the Around the NCAA forum.
              Good idea Trop, and done.
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                No I did not hear him say he is happy at K-State and staying put. OTOH, Frank and K-State apparently in contract negotiations and it doesn't hurt Frank a bit to keep the door open to a possible move.

Actually the quote from Frank Martin the really caught my eye was the following:

I coached 16 years in the same inner city in Miami that I grew up in. Do you know how much money I sent to kids that played for me in high school when they were in college because I knew where they came from? I knew they didn’t have a father figure? I’m not going to tell you who they were, but I sent them a lot of money over the years to make sure they could take their girlfriend out to the movies, make sure they could wash their clothes and do all the things that scholarship money don’t cover. They don’t have an option. It’s not like they can work while they’re in college. They can’t find ways to make money. When there is no money at home, who is going to help these guys?
                Read more here: http://blogs.kansas.com/kstated/2012...#storylink=cpy

Now why he would voluntarily devulge this information is beyond me. Seems like something you generally would like to keep to yourself.

Kind of begs the question of how much is he giving to his current players to help them out?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  No I did not hear him say he is happy at K-State and staying put. OTOH, Frank and K-State apparently in contract negotiations and it doesn't hurt Frank a bit to keep the door open to a possible move.

Actually the quote from Frank Martin the really caught my eye was the following:

Read more here: http://blogs.kansas.com/kstated/2012...#storylink=cpy

Now why he would voluntarily devulge this information is beyond me. Seems like something you generally would like to keep to yourself.

Kind of begs the question of how much is he giving to his current players to help them out?
                  Wow, wonder if SC has read this
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Does any of this break any rules? I'm not saying yes or no, just asking. The way I've heard it, a student-athlete can take money from family or an old friend.

Comment

• He's perfect for the SEC, where if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'.
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

• He may have just implicated Bob Huggins as a cheater too.

Comment

• Originally posted by ISASO View Post
                          He may have just implicated Bob Huggins as a cheater too.
                          The former coach of Cincinnati a cheater? No way! Didn't he have a zero graduation rate while he was there?

Comment

• If there was an established relationship early enough it wouldn't violate any rules. That has to be befire HS though. How much before I don't know
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• The story was that Frank didn't have a lot of money even while coaching HS. Where did all this money come from that he was doling out?
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• The latest on the Frank Martin timeline:

Comment

Working...
                                X