Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri with offer from SEC:

Comment

• Wichita State, Creighton, Bradley possibly in discussions to join up with BB Only Big East Schools Seton Hall, St. John's, DePaul, Marquette, and Providence and in talks to expand with some A-10 schools to form Basketball Superconference.

Only scuttlebutt at this point, but first mention I have heard about Wichita State.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
        Wichita State, Creighton, Bradley possibly in discussions to join up with BB Only Big East Schools Seton Hall, St. John's, DePaul, Marquette, and Providence and in talks to expand with some A-10 schools to form Basketball Superconference.

Only scuttlebutt at this point, but first mention I have heard about Wichita State.
        That's what I'm talking about! Nab Butler too!
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan
          Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
          Wichita State, Creighton, Bradley possibly in discussions to join up with BB Only Big East Schools Seton Hall, St. John's, DePaul, Marquette, and Providence and in talks to expand with some A-10 schools to form Basketball Superconference.

That's what I'm talking about! Nab Butler too!
          I see Butler going with Villanova, Georgetown, SIU, Missouri State, etc as they all have football programs of some sort.

Comment

• There's also been talk of a rumor that WSU will be apart of a non-football B-12 on NCAAbbs thread about conference realignment.
            In the fast lane

Comment

• Source: Removal of Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe among OU's demands

Read more: http://newsok.com#ixzz1YX1W7nzw

The University of Oklahoma is considering remaining in the Big 12, but only in a “reformed” version of the conference that includes hard and fast rules for Texas' Longhorn Network and removal of Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe, a high-ranking Big 12 source told The Oklahoman on Tuesday.
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown

So we'd be looking at...
                Creighton
                Wichita State
                Bradley

DePaul
                Marquette
                Providence
                St. Johns
                Seton Hall

I'm not sure which A10 teams play football I'm guessing they'd want 4 more to get to 12? But possible attractive schools would be

Charlotte
                Dayton
                Richmond
                St. Joseph
                Temple
                UMass
                Xavier

No Georgetown or Nova? I've heard talk about Nova moving their football to FBS. Does Georgetown play?

I wouldn't mind seeing an East/West split

East:
                Providence
                Seton Hall
                St. Johns
                St. Joes
                UMass
                Dayton

West:
                Wichita State
                Creighton
                Bradley
                DePaul
                Marquette
                Xavier

Not sure Xavier and Dayton would be fans of being split up though.

All this talk is fun. I'd love to see something happen to put us in a better basketball conference. But I'll believe it when I see it.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• If it's a basketball only conference we might get KU and Iowa St too.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• So are there any links to the Big East/MVC/A10 merger? Or is this just a pipe dream?
                    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
                      There's also been talk of a rumor that WSU will be apart of a non-football B-12 on NCAAbbs thread about conference realignment.
                      My understanding is that originated from speculation by MSU's radio guy on a Springfield radio show.

Comment

• Same guy that had MSU to Conference USA? Shoot!
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
                          Originally posted by tropicalshox
                          There's also been talk of a rumor that WSU will be apart of a non-football B-12 on NCAAbbs thread about conference realignment.
                          My understanding is that originated from speculation by MSU's radio guy on a Springfield radio show.
                          LOL. I guess we can put that to rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock
                            Originally posted by RoyalShock
                            Originally posted by tropicalshox
                            LOL. I guess we can put that to rest.
                            After hitting a little 'shine, I'd make lots of predections that were nigh impossible.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• almost all of the big east basketball members seem to wish it to be solely Xavier and Butler but here is what Katz threw out there tonight. Small variations of this have popped up all day...

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy_BB
                                almost all of the big east basketball members seem to wish it to be solely Xavier and Butler but here is what Katz threw out there tonight. Small variations of this have popped up all day...

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...lege-landscape
                                Creighton? 8)
                                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X