Conference Shake Up 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conference Shake Up 2.0

A&M Reportedly a "Done Deal" to the SEC.

Not many dynamics have changed since the last shake up, especially on our part, but I just don't know where the Big 12 goes from here.

KU and K-State bout to be Sh&&ing their pants.

Looks like its either Kentucky or Duke now for Perry Ellis.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Sorry BCSCat, I really don't feel bad for you.

Comment

K-State is an excellent fit for the MWC. I'm excited for them as they'll be competitive~ for a few years at least until their Big XII recruits dry up.

Comment

Since KU doesn't have a football team to worry about, would the Valley accept them?
        Phi Alpha

Comment

Rumors -- RUMORS only on internet:

KU, KSU, Mizz, and ISU to Big East.

OU, to SEC with TAM

TTU, OSU to CUSA.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed
            Since KU doesn't have a football team to worry about, would the Valley accept them?
            I see a better chance of KSU getting packed to the WAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed
              Don't get delusional Speed.

Actually, this might be a good time to see if CUSA gets stronger, and WSU makes a move with football to join that league.

Comment

WSU is not getting football.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                  WSU is not getting football.

Agreed, though there might be a basketball only league if all things go to complete crap with the Big 12.

Comment

Florida State also being mentioned as leaving for the SEC.

Wichita State NEEDS to be putting its feelers out there, finding out what options there are. Whether it be as a basketball only school in a football conference or as a member of a basketball only conference, the scenery is changing forever.

Comment

WSU AD can't just turn a blind eye to this, they have to at least see what options are on the table.

Comment

KU to the BEast sounds reasonable because of their basketball and the BEast's nonchalance about FB. Taking Mizzou along with KU would keep the conference with an even number of members.

I can't see KSU and ISU going to the BEast. KSU's basketball had been on an upward trend, but now it's back to trending down. The BEast already has plenty of bottom-feeders for the legitimate teams to pad their W/L records. They don't need more.

KSU will go West. ISU - MAC? That's a good level for the teams ISU has been fielding for quite a few years.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I find the greatest conference on earth, the Big 12, and its dissolution quite hilarious.

I'm really gonna laugh hard to see Kitten State sent to the WAC in a middie league where they belong.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                            I can't see KSU and ISU going to the BEast. KSU's basketball had been on an upward trend, but now it's back to trending down. The BEast already has plenty of bottom-feeders for the legitimate teams to pad their W/L records. They don't need more.
                            ten secs to BCSCat and counting! :D 8)
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Without the Big XII welfare check each year, Iowa State would be a good fit in the Valley. I'm joking, but there is truth to it.
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                              X