Team Turnovers 0 0
    Total Turnovers 10 6
    Personal Fouls 7 5

Leave a comment:

• Play Angry
    replied
    37-37

Under 8 Timeout

Offenses have been as phenomenal as you'd expect from this torrid pace.

Leave a comment:

• Play Angry
    replied
    UNI 37
    Loyola 33

Under 12 timeout in the 2nd half.

Leave a comment:

• Play Angry
    commented on 's reply
    No 1 or 2 seed has ever lost its opening game since the Tournament moved to St. Louis.

Edit: Nope, I stand corrected - announcers just mentioned it happened in 1997 to the 2 seed.
    Last edited by Play Angry; March 2, 2018, 01:27 PM.

• DUShock
    replied
    I just popped over to the ESPN website to check in on the MVC tourney and was surprised to see that the tourney games are being televised across the traditional medium, only carried on ESPN3. That is sad and a good illustration of how mediocrity can drive one toward the abyss.

Edit: I did check Fox KC/Midwest and the MVC tourney lost out to a rerun of "This Week in the UFC." I do recognize that streaming is the future, however , in the present the dollars are still with the endangered species that is traditional cable & television.
    Last edited by DUShock; March 2, 2018, 01:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MadaboutWu
    commented on 's reply
    Nope, though Loyola almost took us down in 2016.

• RoyalShock
    replied
    5-1/2 minutes in and Loyola has scored 2 points to UNI's 6. Scorcher, that one is.

Has the 1-seed ever gone down against a Thursday team in the Arch Sadness era?

Leave a comment:

• ShockdaWorld
    replied
    Alize Johnson is the real deal. Too bad Lusk is so good at coaching his kids down.

Leave a comment:

• Rlh04d
    commented on 's reply
    This! Go Bradley.

Couldn't care less about the rest of it.

• Dave Stalwart
    replied
    I still think that’s your Sunday matchup waiting to happen. MSU-UNI... although I think I’d rather see Barry win it all.

loyola will lose and they will taste the sting of being in the MVC by getting left out. if you think you had a nice season, just wait till you lose in St. Louis and get left out at large.

Id like to know how many loyola fans are there. 300? For a top 30 season? I guess we will see what kind of fan base they have
    Last edited by Dave Stalwart; March 2, 2018, 07:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    commented on 's reply
    And they nearly got Evansvilled by Valpo. Preseason 1 and 2 on Thursday, just wow.

• Aargh
    replied
    Drake, Bradley, and Indy State all managed to miss Drake Night this year. It took every bit of Pual Lusk's coaching ability for MSU to achieve getting a game on Drake Night. A better coach could have never done that, considering the talent MSU had this season.

Leave a comment:

• WheatShock
    replied
    1st Drake night with no Drake in quite a while.

Leave a comment:

• jdmee
    replied
    Valley champs Loyola gets Preseason #2 UNI tommorrow.

In the second Drake Night game. Preseason #1 MSU plays WSU replacement Valpo.

Leave a comment:

• wufan
    replied
    Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    Echoing ShockBand from last week after looking at the final MVC standings...

Man, am I glad WSU isn't in that league any more. I know Warren Nolan has the Valley 8th in RPI, just one step behind the American (although the ELO rating varies somewhat more: 7th for the American, 10th for the Valley), but when I look at the names from the two leagues, it is NOT a close comparison, even though Loyola does bring the coveted Chicago market (yeah, suurrrre) to the Valley.
    Absolutely zero question from a competition and name recognition perspective. Loyola does have a very nice team this year (similar to the Redbirds last season), and I’m glad to see Bradley continuing to make strides.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X