X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cdizzle
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    ShockerFever and anyone else that wants to see #Butthurt Go to Paul Suellentrop's twitter page and see Illinois State beat writer Jim Benson's reply.

Might be time for this guy to start piling on the Valley.
    I think I'll let my 4 seed do the talking.

For now...

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    ShockerFever and anyone else that wants to see #Butthurt Go to Paul Suellentrop's twitter page and see Illinois State beat writer Jim Benson's reply.

Might be time for this guy to start piling on the Valley.

Leave a comment:

• Cdizzle
    commented on 's reply
    I'm not sure you could do much better than MSU as a first HC job.

• Aargh
    replied
    They might have to pay Heiar more than they were paying Lusk. He'd certainly be worth more than they were paying Lusk, and can probably get that much within the next couple of years, if not this year.

Leave a comment:

• ShockdaWorld
    replied
    I’d love to see him get a head coaching job. I’m hoping for better than the Valley though. Could set him up for a lot of wins and a big payday down the road though.

Leave a comment:

• wufan
    commented on 's reply
    Would be a fantastic HC.

• RoyalShock
    replied
    Paid a visit to the MSU board and they appear very high on Greg Heiar. There have been some twitter follows between he and MSU brass, so there may be some mutual interest there.

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    commented on 's reply
    Yesterday, MSU's AD (Moats) was denying the original report that came out yesterday. It's thought that maybe Moats wanted to wait until after Arch Madness to make the announcement. Either that or Moats is a blithering idiot. MSU fans would support either theory.

• AndShock
    replied
    Paul Lusk, whose Missouri State Bears were just 7-11 in the Missouri Valley Conference this season, is out as the school's men's basketball coach, sources told ESPN's Jeff Goodman and Jeff Borzello.

he gone

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    I'm watching some of this Bradley v Loyola game. It's mostly just dribble dribble dribble dribble BRICK. Repeat.

Leave a comment:

• wufan
    replied
    Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Some great spin out of Peoria. Writer does a pretty good job of justifying why a one-bid league is better than a league that might get some at large bids, but doesn't really mention that aspect of the Valley that's better off without WSU and Creighton.

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/2018030...-wichita-state
    “Valley commissioner Doug Elgin used the words “addition by subtraction,” arguing that the loss of a dominant Wichita State program raised the hopes of those left behind and birthed a new age of intense competitive balance.

Now, Elgin is a spinmeister of considerable repute. But before you call bullspit, consider at least a couple of facts.

As a league, the Missouri Valley this season ranks eighth, its loftiest perch since 2013 and up four spots from last season, when Wichita State and Illinois State tied for the conference championship.

Every Valley member ranks in the top half of the nation’s 351 Division I teams on the RPI. Of the nation’s 32 conferences, only the Big East, Big 12 and SEC can claim the same. By comparison, six Valley teams last season finished in the bottom half, with four ranked below 200.”

Zero correlation here; in fact, had the MVC maintained this type of success for the past five years, it’s quite reasonable that WSU wouldn’t have left.

Leave a comment:

• wufan
    replied
    Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Some great spin out of Peoria. Writer does a pretty good job of justifying why a one-bid league is better than a league that might get some at large bids, but doesn't really mention that aspect of the Valley that's better off without WSU and Creighton.

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/2018030...-wichita-state
    “Smaller crowds do not equal less excitement or a dampened atmosphere. In fact, black curtains have been dropped across the upper bowl at Scottrade Center, increasing the intimacy of the arena.”

Wow on that attempt to justify.

Leave a comment:

• DUShock
    commented on 's reply
    The Big 3 Takeaways
    1) The MVC is striving for parity aka mediocrity.

2) Because of the mediocrity, the mindset of the MVC school fan base is “excited” as there are more schools “competing” for the auto bid.

3) Wardle is giddy because he isn’t playing on Thursday, and can now enjoy the pre-tourney socials.

• ShockTalk
    commented on 's reply
    Never mentions where the Valley might be this year WITH WSU and MINUS their replacement. Yea. They're better off.

• ShockTalk
    commented on 's reply
    But the interest from Illinois and the Chicago metro has to great.
Working...
X