• ShockTalk
    commented on 's reply
    And that's why it's a perfect storm.

• DUShock
    commented on 's reply
    At least it’s “an easy bus ride.”

• shoxplode
    replied
    CBS is contracted to televise MVC tournament basketball games through the 2019-20 season. It has had the contract for 10 consecutive years. You think that contract will continue?

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    Some great spin out of Peoria. Writer does a pretty good job of justifying why a one-bid league is better than a league that might get some at large bids, but doesn't really mention that aspect of the Valley that's better off without WSU and Creighton.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    commented on 's reply
    Funny (but it's really not).

• wufan
    replied
    It’s an all Illinois Valley semi-final with Chicago vs Peoria and Carbondale vs Normal.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    nm

Leave a comment:

• WheatShock
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
    I’m not gonna lie. I would LOVE to somehow draw SIU in the Dance and get to see Barry again.
    I just want him to make the dance. The press conferences would be hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Stalwart
    replied
    I’m not gonna lie. I would LOVE to somehow draw SIU in the Dance and get to see Barry again.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    Has Lusk been fired yet?

Leave a comment:

• WheatShock
    replied
    I always enjoy seeing Barry stick it to SWOMO

Leave a comment:

• Dave Stalwart
    replied
    Barry going for the trifecta

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    BU downs DU, 63-61 on a last-second layup. According to the play-by-play, other than the game winner there was only 1 made field goal between the two teams in the last 6:29 of the game. Drake had one made FG in the last 8:15.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by DUShock View Post
    I just popped over to the ESPN website to check in on the MVC tourney and was surprised to see that the tourney games are being televised across the traditional medium, only carried on ESPN3. That is sad and a good illustration of how mediocrity can drive one toward the abyss.

Edit: I did check Fox KC/Midwest and the MVC tourney lost out to a rerun of "This Week in the UFC." I do recognize that streaming is the future, however , in the present the dollars are still with the endangered species that is traditional cable & television.
    That did not surprise me very much. However, I was surprised that when I tried to click in that it was blacked out in Wichita. That really broke my heart. I don't know if I can survive that.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    54-50 Loyola. The Ramblers were only whistled for 8 fouls the whole game.

6 of UNI's 14 fouls were in the last minute.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X