American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
    Has anyone seen them rolling out polos with the AAC logo? If not, I'm not so sure this has any legs.
    I don't think anybody is sure, but I've got more faith in Rothstein than most of the talking heads.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• So, where do I make reservations for the conference basketball tournament?
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
        So, where do I make reservations for the conference basketball tournament?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
          I don't think anybody is sure, but I've got more faith in Rothstein than most of the talking heads.
          Your meter...

Comment

• This link was posted in another thread, but seems appropriate to have it in this thread as well. Cincy blogger makes the case for adding WSU to the AAC.

Last edited by Shocker-maniac; December 15, 2016, 02:41 PM.
            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• I would love to see this happen. Wish this was from a source that didn't go by the Fanrag name, might be a little more believable.

"the majority of teams in the Missouri Valley Conference have such poor numbers numerically."

This quote really caught my eye.
              One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                Really missed a rickroll opportunity here.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• In terms of the source of the information, Rothstein is one of the most reliable "insiders" in college basketball. He has connections everywhere, and is really connected with head coaches. Has the ability to just call up coaches and talk with them. He specifically states one source is a Coach in the article.
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                    I would love to see this happen. Wish this was from a source that didn't go by the Fanrag name, might be a little more believable.

"the majority of teams in the Missouri Valley Conference have such poor numbers numerically."

This quote really caught my eye.
                    I had the same reaction, but the author is Jon Rothstein, who is an insider for CBS and I guess now FanRagSports.
                    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Yeah, I take some comfort in the Rothstein name.
                      One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                        So, where do I make reservations for the conference basketball tournament?
                        It looks like they have it in different locations each year. In 2018 it is in Orlando. 2017 is Hartford, CT.

American Athletic Conference Commissioner Mike Aresco announced today that the XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut will host the 2017 American Athletic Conference Men’s Basketball Championship, March 9-12. Hartford was selected from a large pool of potential host cities in The American’s geographical footprint.
                        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                          Has anyone seen them rolling out polos with the AAC logo? If not, I'm not so sure this has any legs.
                          A black helicopter just flew over my house, so......

A friend of my cousin's sister heard from the guy that delivers Pepsi products to the student center, that he heard a student that is secretly dating the daughter of the coach's secretary, tell another kid that the deal is done.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Oh wait, that's how they do things in Springfield.
                          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                            It looks like they have it in different locations each year. 2018 is Orlando.

http://theamerican.org/news/2016/3/3...303161550.aspx
                            ZOMG they don't just put it in the same lame city every year and expect the only fans in the league that care to travel the farthest? Can a model like that possibly work?

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                              In terms of the source of the information, Rothstein is one of the most reliable "insiders" in college basketball. He has connections everywhere, and is really connected with head coaches. Has the ability to just call up coaches and talk with them. He specifically states one source is a Coach in the article.
                              He was primarily with CBS before this year. I think FanRag is something he helped start this year. He still appears on various CBS items. Definitely a reliable source.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                                /me gets super pissed to find out we've been waiting for @RoyalShock to get his stuff together.
                                It was one of the obstacles (the biggest one, actually) the Rothstein article mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                                X