No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby will conduct video conferences with at least 18 schools that have contacted the league about being considered as expansion candidates.

Among the 17 schools that will make their presentations to the Big 12 are Cincinnati, Houston, BYU, South Florida, UCF, UConn, Memphis, Colorado State, Boise State, Tulane, Temple, East Carolina, SMU, New Mexico, Northern Illinois and San Diego State sources said.

So who is the 17th team? I only count 16 listed.
    "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaulding View Post
      Missouri State. They are using a secretive sealed envelope system so ESPN didn't pick up on it.
      Last edited by Cdizzle; August 12, 2016, 01:56 PM.

Comment

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ools-expansion

Among the 17 schools that will make their presentations to the Big 12 are Cincinnati, Houston, BYU, South Florida, UCF, UConn, Memphis, Colorado State, Boise State, Tulane, Temple, East Carolina, SMU, New Mexico, Northern Illinois and San Diego State sources said.

That's a lot of names that could lead to a move for WSU. A lot of room could open up if they right schools get selected.

Comment

Sheesh, you people are dense! Everyone knows it's the Missouri State Bears.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Arkansas State
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
              Arkansas State
              Not sure if serious.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                Not sure if serious.
                About as serious as an NCAA Men's Basketball Coach going berserk during an exhibition game in Canada:

Brett McMurphy
                @McMurphyESPN
                Now up to 18 on Big 12’s expansion list: AF ArkSt Boise BYU Cincinnati CSU UConn ECU Houston Memphis NIU NM SDSU SMU Temple Tulane UCF USF
                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                  About as serious as an NCAA Men's Basketball Coach going berserk during an exhibition game in Canada:

Brett McMurphy
                  @McMurphyESPN
                  Now up to 18 on Big 12’s expansion list: AF ArkSt Boise BYU Cincinnati CSU UConn ECU Houston Memphis NIU NM SDSU SMU Temple Tulane UCF USF
                  Well hell, Butler County CC might as well throw their hat in the ring then if ASU is going there. For perspective, ASU spends a full $10M less annually on their sports program than football-less WSU. They're similar in sports funding to ISUb. If they were in the MVC they would be in the running for worst financially-supported public.

And some think we're delusional...

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    And some think we're delusional...
                    But they can deliver the Jonesboro television market.

Comment

• Northern Illinois? Elgin better hurry up and invite them before the B12 steals an Illinois school from the MVC.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post

Brett McMurphy
                        @McMurphyESPN
                        So Tulsa is the only full member of the AAC that didn't throw their hat in. In what universe does ECU, Temple, Tulane, UCF, and USF think they have a better, or even equal, chance as their conference mates Cincinnati, UConn, Houston, Memphis, and SMU to fill a maximum of 4 spots. I guess no one but Tulsa can be mad about their mates jumping.

On the other hand, I wonder how other MWC schools feel about NM, Boise, AF, SDSU, and CSU, particularly since BYU is also in the mix and, if selected, there would be a good chance the Big 12 might pick off one of the other 4 to go with BYU.

I'd go BYU, Boise, Cincinnati, and Houston if they go to 16. That would pretty much kill AAC and MWC football.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          So Tulsa is the only full member of the AAC that didn't throw their hat in. In what universe does ECU, Temple, Tulane, UCF, and USF think they have a better, or even equal, chance as their conference mates Cincinnati, UConn, Houston, Memphis, and SMU to fill a maximum of 4 spots. I guess no one but Tulsa can be mad about their mates jumping.

On the other hand, I wonder how other MWC schools feel about NM, Boise, AF, SDSU, and CSU, particularly since BYU is also in the mix and, if selected, there would be a good chance the Big 12 might pick off one of the other 4 to go with BYU.

I'd go BYU, Boise, Cincinnati, and Houston if they go to 16. That would pretty much kill AAC and MWC football.
                          That would only get them to 14, right?
                          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                            That would only get them to 14, right?
                            Stupid facts!

I stand corrected. However, I do not think they would add more than 4 schools. More likely, just 2.

Comment

• Berry Tramel, Oklahoma sports journalist, suggests that the Big 12 should merge rather than expand. What is the impact for the Shockers should this scenario unfold?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                                Berry Tramel, Oklahoma sports journalist, suggests that the Big 12 should merge rather than expand. What is the impact for the Shockers should this scenario unfold?

http://newsok.com/tramel-merger-with...rticle/5513732
                                I don't know what "best case" is for WSU should this happen, but regardless it would be bad news. Consolidation of the major powers is a can of worms I don't want opened.

Comment

Working...
                                X