• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
    To bring thhe conversation back to the subject,
    it seems there are two realistic choices for WSU:

1. The AAC with football.
    2. The MVC without football.

Does that seem like the two most REALISTIC options?
    3. A-10 without football.
    4. MW with football.
    5. MVC with football.

735. Sunbelt with football (take that Missouri State)

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
      Omaha metro uses Iowa as part of their metro count which includes 8 counties. Wichita uses 5 counties all included in Kansas. Curious as to whether anyone in Iowa could possibly care about Creighton? That isn't a slam on CU. it's just pointing out that Omaha is a border town.
      @Veritas: - it may surprise you, but there are a great deal of CU men's season ticket holders on the east side of the Missouri River (i.e., Iowa). In fact, it actually takes less time to get to the arena from Council Bluffs, IA and other parts of Iowa than it does from the west Omaha suburbs.

Creighton also has a TON of undergrads from throughout western Iowa. CU recruits that area hard for undergrad admissions - harder than its efforts in recruiting a large portion of the state of Nebraska.

Comment

• If I'm a Bluejay, I'm not sure I'd point out the fact that a large part of my fan base, student body, and alumni contingent originates from the IA side of the Omaha metro. Does a massive amount of damage to that elite vibe you guys like to pretend exists.

Council Bluffs and her other socio-economically downtrodden IA neighbors are a little bit of rural Appalachia that makes up something like 1/4 to 1/3 of the eastern portion of the Omaha metro. It is basically akin to an SLU guy bragging up the school's connections to East St Louis, only instead of looking like a Nelly video, the IA side of the Omaha metro could be the real life inspiration for Larry the Cable Guy's stage show.

Comment

• I lol'ed.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Yeah, I probably wouldn't mention Council Bluffs. But to be fair, when you get out of the flood plain, there are parts of that otherwise hellhole that are very, very nice, and dare I say, exclusive. Anything in the Loess Hills is very nice. That said, the Loess Hills makes up a very small fraction of the Council Bluffs Methropolitan Area.
            Last edited by MoValley John; March 29, 2016, 12:52 PM.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
              Yeah, I probably wouldn't mention Council Bluffs. But to be fair, when you get out of the flood plain, there are parts of that otherwise hellhole that are very, very nice, and dare I say, exclusive. Anything in the Loess Hills is very nice. That said, the Loess Hills makes up a very small fraction of the Council Bluffs Methropolitan Area.
              The Loess Hills are pretty, and I'm not sure why developers have not seized on the opportunity from a residential perspective, but I've never rolled through a single portion of the Loess Hills and pondered the wealthy homes or subdivisions, because I've never seen them to exist in the first place.

Same goes for the Ponca Hills up north.

The rat racers in Omaha all seemingly want to live in (what was most recently) treeless corn fields, which is a dichotomy as compared to the Wichita metro, where hilly or forested areas (what little there is) end up being converted to the upscale, desirable stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                Yeah, I probably wouldn't mention Council Bluffs. But to be fair, when you get out of the flood plain, there are parts of that otherwise hellhole that are very, very nice, and dare I say, exclusive. Anything in the Loess Hills is very nice. That said, the Loess Hills makes up a very small fraction of the Council Bluffs Methropolitan Area.
                We always referred to it as "Council-tucky"

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                  We always referred to it as "Council-tucky"
                  Almost everyone who doesn't live on the IA side of the Omaha metro calls it that. Google the term and you'll find lots of hits and memes.

Comment

• When I lived in Sioux City, the people up there referred to Council Bluffs as Counciltucky. I always thought that was hilarious, one trailer park meth lab mocking another trailer park meth lab!
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum View Post
                      @Veritas: - it may surprise you, but there are a great deal of CU men's season ticket holders on the east side of the Missouri River (i.e., Iowa). In fact, it actually takes less time to get to the arena from Council Bluffs, IA and other parts of Iowa than it does from the west Omaha suburbs.

Creighton also has a TON of undergrads from throughout western Iowa. CU recruits that area hard for undergrad admissions - harder than its efforts in recruiting a large portion of the state of Nebraska.
                      DJA, what do you believe the Omaha/Council Bluffs metro area's support of CU might translate to in regards to percentages.
                      An example, is a recent survey by the Eagle indicating (I believe) 67% + of the population considers WSU as their favorite team. I believe followed by KSU, KU, OU. I might have very conservative numbers for WSU.

Who does Omaha/CB consider their number one team?

Comment

• The number one team in Omaha is Husker Football.

They eat, sleep, and breath that team up here. A lot of the people in this state don't even know what basketball is because it ain't husker football.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
                          This guy talks more **** on wichita and wsu than half the people on phog. Even he is a troll or he had to have some of the shittest childhood experiences in wichita ever. Whats wrong, parents never let you go to joyland?
                          My job takes me all over the country. I've experienced many other cities and Universities. I know how to look at WSU and Wichita through non-biased eyes. I'm sorry if my grounded views of the city and University perturbs you.

I want nothing more than to see WSU be able to join a bigger conference. I've been on the "Switch Conferences" bandwagon for years. A move to the BE/AAC/A10 would mean incredible things not only for WSU, but the city itself. Just because I want all these things doesn't mean I'm going to sugar coat WSU's warts though. Hopefully with the guidance of President Bardo and Coach Marshall this university can reach great heights!

Comment

• nm
                            Last edited by SHOCKvalue; March 30, 2016, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• nm
                              Last edited by ShockdaWorld; March 30, 2016, 10:33 AM.
                              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Hahaha, that was awesome.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X