No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have seen people mention several times about starting a new league. If a new league is started, there is no auto bid for a few years. WSU is not going to take that chance, even though only one auto bid has been received in a very long time. Most other schools won't either.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
      I have seen people mention several times about starting a new league. If a new league is started, there is no auto bid for a few years. WSU is not going to take that chance, even though only one auto bid has been received in a very long time. Most other schools won't either.
      If the right mix of schools wanted to form a conference, the lack of an autobid for a couple of years would be practically irrelevant.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
        I have seen people mention several times about starting a new league. If a new league is started, there is no auto bid for a few years. WSU is not going to take that chance, even though only one auto bid has been received in a very long time. Most other schools won't either.
        Lack of an auto bid? Yes please! Why would WSU care? It's not like we have relied on that the last five years.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Where did I say anything about Wichita?

God, you're challenged.
          This whole entire thread is about Wichita State (Wichita State is located in the city of Wichita. I'm assuming by your comment that you weren't aware of that information) possibly changing conferences. Your comment that I replied to was you literally responding to someone comparing Wichita and Omaha. I was genuinely asking if your rant about Omaha sucking, which I don't disagree with, meant that you thought Wichita was better.

Did Mom and Dad not love you enough? Did life not turn out the way you dreamed? Are you tired of being all alone? Clearly you have some deep rooted emotional issues and I think it might be best if you go talk to a professional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
            Interesting info. Wichita news broadcasts are shown all the way to the Colorado border. 65 total counties. Omaha's consist of 8 counties. Done this way to measure local news broadcasts. Period. Metro population is another thing and not close.
            Omaha metro uses Iowa as part of their metro count which includes 8 counties. Wichita uses 5 counties all included in Kansas. Curious as to whether anyone in Iowa could possibly care about Creighton? That isn't a slam on CU. it's just pointing out that Omaha is a border town. I think the difference in metro count is about 250k and difference in city population is approximately 50k (both leaning towards Omaha).
            While Wichita has a larger media market which includes a western Kansas ( not Iowa), curious who covers western Nebraska? Is it Lincoln or... ????

Comment

• How does WSU stack up with CU academically?

I feel Tulsa is another school/city that we should compare ourselves too when it comes to conference realignment.

Comment

• Hey I like Omaha...just not the school that shall remain nameless. Had a good time each time I was there. You all can black ball me from SN if you want but only during the off season. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                  This whole entire thread is about Wichita State (Wichita State is located in the city of Wichita. I'm assuming by your comment that you weren't aware of that information) possibly changing conferences. Your comment that I replied to was you literally responding to someone comparing Wichita and Omaha. I was genuinely asking if your rant about Omaha sucking, which I don't disagree with, meant that you thought Wichita was better.

Did Mom and Dad not love you enough? Did life not turn out the way you dreamed? Are you tired of being all alone? Clearly you have some deep rooted emotional issues and I think it might be best if you go talk to a professional.
                  Wichita is better in every facet possible. You happy?

And you're still really, really challenged.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

How does WSU stack up with CU academically?

I feel Tulsa is another school/city that we should compare ourselves too when it comes to conference realignment.
                    You're trolling harder than usual now.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      You're trolling harder than usual now.
                      Tulsa is the 47th most populated city in America. Wichita is number 49. From a market standpoint, if you can't see how these are comparable, then you're thicker than i thought.

I feel like you live in this delusional world where Wichita is this great city and Wichita State is this hugely desirable University. I was born and raised in Wichita and it has a lot of pros (God, I miss the nonexistent traffic and insanely cheap housing), but there is a reason half the people I meet don't even know where Wichita is located. There is a reason why very few people recognize my WSU apparel. There is a reason why WSU is still in the MVC...

Comment

Tulsa is the 47th most populated city in America. Wichita is number 49. From a market standpoint, if you can't see how these are comparable, then you're thicker than i thought.

I feel like you live in this delusional world where Wichita is this great city and Wichita State is this hugely desirable University. I was born and raised in Wichita and it has a lot of pros (God, I miss the nonexistent traffic and insanely cheap housing), but there is a reason half the people I meet don't even know where Wichita is located. There is a reason why very few people recognize my WSU apparel. There is a reason why WSU is still in the MVC...
                        And there is a reason why your presence on this message board wouldn't be missed.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• This guy talks more **** on wichita and wsu than half the people on phog. Even he is a troll or he had to have some of the shittest childhood experiences in wichita ever. Whats wrong, parents never let you go to joyland?
                          Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
                            This guy talks more **** on wichita and wsu than half the people on phog. Even he is a troll or he had to have some of the shittest childhood experiences in wichita ever. Whats wrong, parents never let you go to joyland?
                            Nope. Just a West-Sider.

/me ducks.

Comment

• To bring thhe conversation back to the subject,
                              it seems there are two realistic choices for WSU:

1. The AAC with football.
                              2. The MVC without football.

Does that seem like the two most REALISTIC options?

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                                To bring thhe conversation back to the subject,
                                it seems there are two realistic choices for WSU:

1. The AAC with football.
                                2. The MVC without football.

Does that seem like the two most REALISTIC options?
                                I think without being in Bardo's inner circle, there's no way of telling what's realistic and what isn't.
                                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                                X