• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    I think you mean AAC, not Big East.
    I meant CUSA, actually.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• @Veritas: I am interested in why you think KU football has no where to go but up? Have you seen the facilities that KU has? They are awful, piss poor, small, and no legitimate recruit would want to play football there. Go to KSU and their football facilities are 10 times as big and much, much more impressive. Putting it simply, KU's football facilities are trash. Unless KU throws 100 million (or more) at their football program it will continue to be an excuse for me to drunkenly walk down Mississippi Street for 30 minutes and then walk back up and continue tailgating.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
        @Veritas I am interested in why you think KU football has no where to go but up? Have you seen the facilities that KU has? They are awful, piss poor, small, and no legitimate recruit would want to play football there.
        Sounds an awful lot like rock bottom to me....
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• I saw a video recently of TAMU's latest upgrade to athletic facilities.

The stadium and all support facilities are maxed out extravagant. The excess is almost gauche - way too much of a good thing.

As an example, there are not any old fashion hot tubs. Instead, there are roman spas. One particular one looked as if it was 50 to 100 feet long. It resembled a swimming pool and there is not any hype in this sentence.

These comments are are not designed to brag, but to detail the level of facilities a power 5 team must have to attract top recruits.

If KU's facilities are as poor as described above, then Coach Beaty better have some Elmer Gantry in his pitches to high school boys. If not, KU will be looking for another coach in three years.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
            @Veritas: I am interested in why you think KU football has no where to go but up? Have you seen the facilities that KU has? They are awful, piss poor, small, and no legitimate recruit would want to play football there. Go to KSU and their football facilities are 10 times as big and much, much more impressive. Putting it simply, KU's football facilities are trash. Unless KU throws 100 million (or more) at their football program it will continue to be an excuse for me to drunkenly walk down Mississippi Street for 30 minutes and then walk back up and continue tailgating.
            You are correct and highlight my point regarding nowhere "to go but up".
            I think the Beatles sang a song about it
            "I've got to admit it's getting better. A little better all the time (it can't get much worse)"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
              I saw a video recently of TAMU's latest upgrade to athletic facilities.

The stadium and all support facilities are maxed out extravagant. The excess is almost gauche - way too much of a good thing.

As an example, there are not any old fashion hot tubs. Instead, there are roman spas. One particular one looked as if it was 50 to 100 feet long. It resembled a swimming pool and there is not any hype in this sentence.

These comments are are not designed to brag, but to detail the level of facilities a power 5 team must have to attract top recruits.

If KU's facilities are as poor as described above, then Coach Beaty better have some Elmer Gantry in his pitches to high school boys. If not, KU will be looking for another coach in three years.

This is what they call hydrotherapy nowadays. The top rung of almost all P-5 teams have what you describe. Pro teams don't have it, just big time, college football. It's about recruiting and image.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• hydrotherapy-300.jpghydrotherapy.jpg
                Attached Files
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• KU used to have something called the "Roy Williams Fund". Williams' name was used to woo money from KU's high roller boosters. When Williams found out that some of the money in"his" fund was going to football, he went ballistic.

KU isn't really allowed to spend money on the footrball program. Basketball is #1 at KU like football is #1 at Alabama. Alabama could have offered Marshall $10 mill and it wouldn't have hurt their athletic department budget. The football staff (and a bunch of boosters) would have gone nuts if that kind of money was spent on a "minor" sport.

The pecking order at KU is upside down compared to the rest of the P5.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                    Don't mind him. He's got a hard on for me because he tried to fight with me via PMs after @_kai_ asked for a discussion to go back on topic and I put him on ignore. Not the first time he's chased after me trying to get my attention since then. I'm sure it won't be the last. Childish comments like the one you quoted proved my decision to simply ignore him was by far the right choice.

I've got no interest in repeating some of the other nonstop fights others have on here. If he wants to mimic a chihuahua nipping at my heels for the rest of his time on this forum, that's his prerogative. I won't see it unless someone quotes it. It's been a month and he still clearly can't get over the heartbreak of learning I don't wish to read his posts. I hope he can get past the anger stage of his grief soon.
                    Posting the truth and admitting you are wrong continue to be two admirable traits you lack Rlh04d. If you think my correcting a patently misinformed post by you (Navy playing football in the basketball only New Big East) is childish; then by all means continue on with your delusions and keep me on ignore. Be assured when you post meaningless, ill informed tripe, I will comment.

The following represents the only PM exchange I have had with you.
                    Re: 2016-2017 Shocker Team

Don't you think it strange that you hold a position that is contrary to AZ's view regards my posts.

Feel free to take your ball and go home; I have no desire to spend any more energy trying to help you grow up.

Originally Posted by Rlh04d
                    You know ... I don't want to get into a public or private "pissing contest" with you.

You lied about AZ's post and you still haven't had the integrity to apologize for it. He stated: "For some reason I have a hard time imagining us being a championship caliber team post FVV and Ron Baker for 2016-2017"

You replied with: "yes we all hate to see FVV and RB leave but to conclude that the Shockers will be unable to field "national championship caliber teams" is ludicrous."

He stated one year. You replied with multiple years. You still refuse to admit you took him out of context.

Then I reiterated his statement about 16-17 as a single year, and you responded with, again, multi-year statements that had nothing to do with a single year.

So yeah, I can sit here and argue with all of this, and I'd be happy to have an honest discussion with you about what we each think the team will be like 16-17, but the fact that you're flat-out lying and you're too insecure and dishonest to simply apologize for taking him out of context means I really don't want anything to do with you, in public or in private. So I'm going to just add you to my ignore list and we won't be bothering with this discussion anymore. I'm not going to waste my time trying to have an intelligent debate with someone that can't accept anything but sunshine without jumping on someone.

Originally Posted by Shocker1976
                    I do not want to get into a public "pissing" contest with you; so will ask you via private message to go back and read my posts to determine if I have posted anything that resembles the allegations you posted below:

"Good God, you act like "probably not able to win a national championship" is somehow an insult.

Hide your head in the sand and project national championship victories off of high school credentials all you wish. Let me know how that's working out for Kansas. I'll wait until I see it on the court.

Don't throw your "Marshall Plan!" nonsense in here as if I'm arguing that WSU can't win a national championship. That's a disingenuous reply to me, just as it was to AZ above. That is NOT what was said, and replying as such is childish."

Your use of such hyperbole and deflection indicates to me that you either lack the facts to support your conclusions/arguments or you lack the wherewithal to publicly admit you are wrong as AZ Shocker has done.

Please read the thread entitled Four Year Roster for a snapshot of what Marshall has set in place for the mens Shocker Basketball team. He has not recruited any "one and done" players but has IMO built a roster for the long haul. On the current roster are players with an upside that matches or exceeds the upside of those Shocker players that Marshall has previously coached at Wichita State. If IH were to join the Shockers for next season I stand by my projection that the Shockers will have a Top 5 roster. Where they finish the season is open to speculation but I can envision a deep run in the Big Dance.

I also believe that the 2016-2017 team with IH on board has the potential to be a better team than the Shocker roster of 2015-2016. Will this occur? Who knows but the potential is clearly there, especially given the news today that SM's knee surgery has been a success and he already sees an improvement in his game.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                      Because I enjoy sitting in my stinky assed teammate's sweat and pee.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        Because I enjoy sitting in my stinky assed teammate's sweat and pee.
                        I guess I always just assumed the fancy baths and hot tubs were only for the volleyball team and cheer squad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                          I meant CUSA, actually.
                          Thank you R1h04d for proving my previous description of your lack of truthfulness and character. You are now posting meaningless tripe that you think Navy plays football in the CUSA rather than admitting you were wrong about Navy playing football in the non-football New Big East. Please be informed that Navy competes in the AAC football conference not the CUSA.

You really are a piece of work and far too easy a mark. ROFLMAO on your feeble attempt as deflection!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                            I guess I always just assumed the fancy baths and hot tubs were only for the volleyball team and cheer squad.
                            No mo, per MoJohn.
                            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                              No mo, per MoJohn.
                              Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

Comment

• You ever been in a cockpit before?
                                You ever seen a grown man naked?
                                Joey, you ever hang around the gymnasium?

Comment

Working...
                                X