No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will always want a strengthened MVC over anything else. Let's just require whatever investment Loyola had to make to win everyone over of all the rest of the MVC schools.

The MVC needs to draw a line in the sand about what kind of a conference it wants to be and what kind of conference/level it wants to compete with. If the MVC is willing to invest what is necessary to compete for the 4-8 conference ranking each year, then we are in the right place. That's what I want to see.

We were 10 or 11 this year as a conference. We could have been 8 if ONE of SIU, Bradley, MoST or Drake was a top 100 team instead of 250. We've got to get to a place where #200 is as low as anyone goes. That's all we actually need. I just don't see why the conference can't pull that off...

Comment

• I'd rather stay in the Valley and rack up 25+ win seasons than go to the Mountain West.

How often do you watch Mountain West games on ESPN?

While the Mountain West has some good teams, they are always underrated because of a lack of coverage. Let's be honest, WSU gets media love because of our tournament run and our undefeated season. It matters little that we play in the Valley.

Give me the AAC and their major metropolitan areas, basketball programs with history and ESPN/SportsCenter friendly eastern and central time zone games.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

• Not to be off-topic, is it me or is it that Kansas.com is not offering very many 'free' articles any more. At one time it was about 10, now it looks like its less than 5.

It's just a pain to have to open up Chrome and go incognito. I'm kind of used to IE.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
          I'd rather stay in the Valley and rack up 25+ win seasons than go to the Mountain West.

While the Mountain West has some good teams, they are always underrated because of a lack of coverage. Let's be honest, WSU gets media love because of our tournament run and our undefeated season. It matters little that we play in the Valley.

Give me the AAC and their major metropolitan areas, basketball programs with history and ESPN/SportsCenter friendly eastern and central time zone games.
          You are a man after my own heart.
          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
            Not to be off-topic, is it me or is it that Kansas.com is not offering very many 'free' articles any more. At one time it was about 10, now it looks like its less than 5.

It's just a pain to have to open up Chrome and go incognito. I'm kind of used to IE.
            Just clear your history and/or set you browser to clear history when you close it.
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
              I'd rather stay in the Valley and rack up 25+ win seasons than go to the Mountain West.

How often do you watch AAC, Atl-10, or even Big Least? :playful:

My concern about the AAC is it's stability. If they could, Memphis, Cincinnati, and UConn would bolt. I do like what could make up a western division if that went that way.

Comment

• Unless you see some more continuity, I'd be concerned about moving. The MWC is fairly stable, and I think the big priest will turn out to be very stable. I feel like the AAC is going to lose its firepower if the opportunity arises for them. I also think the A10 is about 2-4 departures away from being another C-USA (current version). When you look at who is in the A-10, it just isn't that eye popping.

I stand by the best scenario being the current MVC strengthening itself. This conference needs to be the one adding teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                  How often do you watch AAC, Atl-10, or even Big Least? :playful:

My concern about the AAC is it's stability. If they could, Memphis, Cincinnati, and UConn would bolt. I do like what could make up a western division if that went that way.
                  No one sees Big Least games so that's pretty much irrelevant. ;)

I've seen UCONN, Cincinnati, Memphis, Tulsa, Temple and SMU all play this year. I've seen Dayton, Davidson and VCU and I'd still take the AAC.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                    Just clear your history and/or set you browser to clear history when you close it.
                    ipad on private browser

Comment

• If I was the MVC I would be knocking on Murray States door right now. They would be a great add to the conference and geographically they fit in pretty well. Murray State is in far west Kentucky. You have to think Murray is looking for a conference to go where they won't get left out of the tourney after going 27-5. Another good add would be Stephen F Austin. They are located in northeast Texas, so geographically they are pretty close also. Their bball team seems ready to take the next step.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                        If I was the MVC I would be knocking on Murray States door right now. They would be a great add to the conference and geographically they fit in pretty well. Murray State is in far west Kentucky. You have to think Murray is looking for a conference to go where they won't get left out of the tourney after going 27-5. Another good add would be Stephen F Austin. They are located in northeast Texas, so geographically they are pretty close also. Their bball team seems ready to take the next step.
                        Murray State was on the replacement list for Creighton, IIRC. The powers that be chose to toss a welfare bone to LOLoyola instead.

The Illinois/Indiana Athletic Conference... er, sorry MVC... would have never taken SFA, as the rental language for the 15 passenger vans most of the conference members use for team transport states that for that length of drive outside of normal service area would incur a $10/day surcharge, which would blow budgets up left and right.

Comment

If I was the MVC I would be knocking on Murray States door right now. They would be a great add to the conference and geographically they fit in pretty well. Murray State is in far west Kentucky. You have to think Murray is looking for a conference to go where they won't get left out of the tourney after going 27-5. Another good add would be Stephen F Austin. They are located in northeast Texas, so geographically they are pretty close also. Their bball team seems ready to take the next step.
                          Work with a guy from Kentucky. UK fan, but Murray State grad and MS fan first. Also a shocker fan. He says that Murray State has the same problem with UK and Louisville that we have with KU and KSU. The two schools will play every team in the state of Kentucky EXCEPT Murray State. He is looking forward to the potential Sunday game for us (and a UK rematch).

Comment

Underwood (SFA coach) should be #1 on Eric Sexton's break glass in case of emergency list in my opinion...

Comment

• I understand that the AAC is a risk, but it is a risk worth taking. Staying in the MVC also carries great risk. When you leave money in a savings account, you risk inflation outpacing you. Going to the AAC is like betting on a stock in this analogy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                                The powers that be chose to toss a welfare bone to LOLoyola instead.
                                Speaking of Loyola, why did they send ONE cheerleader to the women's mvc tourney? I mean, it was a nice story line to read that the WSU cheer squad let her cheer with them, but where is this huge athletic budget Elgin and Loyola were bragging about? Thanks for the help on making the conference look even worse.... :/
                                Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                                Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X