No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we all agree to just throw the 90s out altogether and forget it ever happened?

All in favor?

All opposed?

Motion passed unanimously.

:)
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Everything changes...the valley may re-new itself as our rivals may get tired of being bitchslapped and put together some pretty good teams as they have in the past....

Comment

• "Illinois State has pre-sold 525 tickets to MVC Tournament. Second to Wichita's 2,391." - per twitter

On pace to have half the lower bowl filled... I'm done with the Valley.

Comment

• Guys ~ is there any "evidence" that any of us have heard that Wichita St. is EVEN ATTEMPTING to move to the AAC or Mountain West??? Because if WSU was...it sure would seem like we would be hearing a lot of things about it. Just curious.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Schools don't publicly trash their current league by saying they are lobbying to get into another one. Announcements only happen when it is a done deal.

Rest assured we aren't thrilled with the current situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
              Schools don't publicly trash their current league by saying they are lobbying to get into another one. Announcements only happen when it is a done.
              Similar to when a coach takes a job at another school. No one talks, until the deal is done.
              The Assman

Comment

• I wonder what would be involved in forming a new conference....pie in the sky, i know...
                “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                  Schools don't publicly trash their current league by saying they are lobbying to get into another one. Announcements only happen when it is a done deal.

Rest assured we aren't thrilled with the current situation.
                  I hear ya....BUT....didn't we hear a ton about Creighton moving to the East a ton the last couple years before an official "Announcement" was made???
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

#3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

#2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                    I hear ya....BUT....didn't we hear a ton about Creighton moving to the East a ton the last couple years before an official "Announcement" was made???
                    Yes. It was all over the message boards. Oh, wait....

Comment

Not from Creighton itself, we didn't.

Comment

• Hmmm....I must of dreamed it or something cuz I remember hearing about CU moving all last year. Oh well....
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

#3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

#2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Here is some news for you from an Atlanta TV station of all places...

Wichita State - The Shockers are currently ranked 4th in the nation in men's basketball. Their women's team is making a push towards the top 25. Another benefit to adding the shockers is their volleyball program is a school that could be a major boost to the MWC along with being a major threat to Colorado State. Which I believe is what the conference needs for volleyball. Just think how huge would a San Diego State vs Wichita State men's basketball game be for the conference. Major networks would be all over it.
                          Shocker Football...Alive in '95 errr 2005 errr 2025!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                            I wonder what would be involved in forming a new conference....pie in the sky, i know...
                            The killer is that you don't get an auto bid for the first five years unless you're new conference has at least seven teams that have played in the same conference for the last five years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                              The killer is that you don't get an auto bid for the first five years unless you're new conference has at least seven teams that have played in the same conference for the last five years.
                              Easy, bring some of the cheap Valley schools with us and say if they create a new conference with us we'll give them a check for $5,000. Then when we're done with them we kick them to the Horizon.

Comment

Hmmm....I must of dreamed it or something cuz I remember hearing about CU moving all last year. Oh well....
                                It was talked about alot. But none of it came from Creighton. It was all speculation based on the fact that that the NBE needed at least three schools and Creighton was one of 5 or 6 schools that fit the profile that they were looking for. It's different for us because there aren't any conference openings that absolutely have to be filled. There are several options that might be possible, but none are a perfect fit. No one is talking about it because it's not reasonable to expect that something has to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X