American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    I wonder if this was going to happen before WSU moved to the AAC or if it was because of WSU moving to the AAC?

Paul Suellentrop said CBS was hosting the semifinals and finals and not CBS Sports.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy

Edit: Or did he just mean CBS Sports since it's part of CBS.
    KWCH tweeting that they would be airing it ... So CBS

Comment

• I'm guessing that this is happening because the Big Ten Tournament is taking place a week early next season since the tournament is taking place at MSG in NYC.

The American final will be the last conference tournament final played.
      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
        I'm guessing that this is happening because the Big Ten Tournament is taking place a week early next season since the tournament is taking place at MSG in NYC.

The American final will be the last conference tournament final played.
        That means we don't have to compress the regular season by a week any more. The Valley tourney, being a week early for TV coverage, caused a compressed schedule and a one-week layoff before the NCAA tourney. It will be good to get rid of both those issues.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          That means we don't have to compress the regular season by a week any more. The Valley tourney, being a week early for TV coverage, caused a compressed schedule and a one-week layoff before the NCAA tourney. It will be good to get rid of both those issues.
          The CBS arrangement will probably be just a one-year deal, but you're right in that we won't have the early tournament anymore. That will be interesting to see how that works for/against WSU. I imagine that it will be a good thing overall, but if we were to ever play on a Sunday in the American final and lose our first NCAA game four days later on Thursday afternoon, I can already hear people being upset about that.
          78-65

Comment

• Comment

• That might put another game in the W column for Eastern Carolina. Maybe even Tulane
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Tubby is essentially being punished for taking the ethical high-road, in today's snake pit of recruiting norms. The sad thing is, doing things the right way might not right the ship from its current tangent.

...and LOL at all the Memphis fans who thought Marshall to Memphis was a foregone conclusion a year ago.

Comment

• Geez...that's just brutal. Memphis fans have got to be going nuts. They had a fertile recruiting orgasam going and it just sank.

Well...maybe Tubby did it all for good reason. He did once coach at Kentucky (where there seems to be sheenigans) so there's that. Perhaps he didn't wanna go that route.
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Having Cal as your coach is just asking for bad karma for the rest of eternity.

Comment

• What a difference having a solid head coach and an extremely supportive fan base makes.

Where would we be if we didn't embrace the 2 and 3 star players Gregg has brought to Wichita for the past ten years?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                        Where would we be if we didn't embrace the 2 and 3 star players Gregg has brought to Wichita for the past ten years?
                        NIT? Maybe? Top 3 in the Valley, maybe. Just like the years that preceded his.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                          In the Valley.
                          FIFY

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                            What a difference having a solid head coach and an extremely supportive fan base makes.

Shhhh don't ISU fans that having a supportive fan base matters

Comment

• Pairings announced

?PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The American Athletic Conference has announced the 2017-18 men's basketball conference pairings.

Comment

• Originally posted by pony94 View Post
                                Good home slate...

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, Houston, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X