• Originally posted by thunderkwb View Post
    Mike Aresco interview on Sirius
    He really talked up our fan base and community support
    AAC coaches are very excited...
    Conference hasn't reached it's potential, this (move) helps
    news very well received nationally
    WSU will be real force very pleased to have them
    Expansion not on table now
    Regarding P5 expansion issue..."not a mid major in Basketball", make this the best home for members, $$$ payouts are the draw to P5 trying to improve this, WSU only solidifies it.
    Bright future...
    Has talked to Doug Elgen over last couple of weeks (friends over 35 years talks highly of him)
    Doug understood, and Mike has been through what Doug is going through (nothing personal)
    Mike actually was the guy who put the MVC championship on CBS (worked for CBS)
    left some messages for Doug today
    Kevin Ollie was very enthusiastic
    Studied other sports carefully and not as big of impact as you would think
    Baseball has 9 teams now but coaches are very excited and
    Even Geno (Uconn Womens coach) is excited (wow)
    continued
    Geno knows how passionate Kansas is when it comes to basketball. We played at Kansas State this past year and Geno had nothing but the best to say about the sold-out crowd. I think WSU could really build something great with your superstar new coach and die-hard fans.

Comment

• That would super cool for Navy to play a game at Cessna!!!! There would be an overflow crowd fer sure!!! How "American" and patriotic would that be!!! A "Home" game for a branch of the military playing in a sold out stadium right smack in the middle of America's Heartland on a crisp November Saturday!!! What a way to show our new "American" conference how awesome we are!!! CBS potentially!!!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
        I hope Michael O'Donnel and his makeup face doesn't speak.
        Would be remiss if I didn't bring this up....he tweeted earlier this morning after the announcement something along the lines of
        "Super excited to join the All American Conference!". It was deleted rather quickly...
        "Say it slowly and savor it..."
        Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Originally posted by grudkin View Post
          Alright, time to get some work done today. I'll be back in one minute to refresh threads.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
            Would be remiss if I didn't bring this up....he tweeted earlier this morning after the announcement something along the lines of
            "Super excited to join the All American Conference!". It was deleted rather quickly...
            Lmao sounds like somebody realized that was a PR nightmare and stopped it before it ruined our big day. Thank God!

Comment

• Wichita State won the Valley tournament in its final year in the league. Having piled up a sparkling 68-4 record in the Missouri Valley Conference the past four years, Wichita State basketball is ready for a new challenge. The Shockers will get one next season when they join the American Athletic Conference.
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• UCF fan here. Been fun reading this board the past couple weeks. Welcome to the American Conference! Go Shockers and GO KNIGHTS!!!

Comment

• First thing you need to learn about the AAC is we all hate each other and don't want to be in this conference. So I suggest you guys do the same if you want to fit in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat_Bounce View Post
                    First thing you need to learn about the AAC is we all hate each other and don't want to be in this conference. So I suggest you guys do the same if you want to fit in.
                    Looking forward to blaming any officiating woes on the commissioner and being the first to use the term "We got 'Arescoed.'"
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Since we joined a football conference I am sure over time we will find a way to blame everyone for any struggles. WSU fans are loud and obnoxious. We will fit in, I promise lol
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

First thing you need to learn about the AAC is we all hate each other and don't want to be in this conference. So I suggest you guys do the same if you want to fit in.
                        Well, we're pretty much a bunch of pricks anyway! Ha! We'll blend just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
                          He giggles every time an announcer says "ball-handling skills."

Comment

Hate is the first step. Second is respect. When you have both then you have rivalries. Hoping to rekindle the hate and respect of Cincy from the 1960s.

Comment

• from 10/18/16, seems like ages ago
                              For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                              - said no one ever...

Comment

• This is on the Tulsa World website this afternoon as well. You guys may enjoy the blast from the past video clip:

Comment

Working...
                                X