No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearing all the input from folks like Bearcatnation from the AAC is just making this really sink in. Do you all realize how much more fun January and February is going to be going forward?? It's a great decade to be a shocker!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      I'm struggling with all these other fan bases that have seen good basketball and actually want to share a league with WSU.

It's mind-bottling.
      I just love some of the Valley fan reactions. From kicking us out before we leave, to make sure they don't get the NCAA units they won for us, to the AAC is gonna be raided in 5 years, to the Dakotas are better for this league instead.

All I can say is good luck with that and enjoy irrelevance mothacluckas.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I saw this post on the AAC forums. I really like the idea.

"Just for scheduling purposes divisions, but not in standings or seeding.

Really like the idea of an 18 game schedule, 10 against your division, 1 against the opposite, and then average the last 3 years rpi and extra crossovers with your same tier. #1 and 2 RPI west get the extra game against #1 and 2 RPI of the east and so on."

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
          Which Greenville? North or South Carolina? I spent about a month in Greenville, South Carolina - once on a data center review and another time on the follow-up (there were a lot of items needing correction).

I found Greenville, South Carolina to be a great place with lots of friendly people. I thought the downtown area was very rustic and tranquil. Sort of like something out of Andy Griffith. And if I remember correctly, the two are reasonably close (about 100 miles, as the crow flies) apart.

I hated flying in there, though. Unless you get a direct flight (and there are few), you had to fly into Charlotte (which is like the Bermuda Triangle - planes flew in but didn't fly out) or Atlanta (not going there, anyone who has flown into Atlanta and tried to get a connection already know it's a hot mess).
          My beautiful fiance went to Furman, located in Greenville, SC. I asked her to marry me in Charleston, then drove down to Greenville. I LOVED it. Quintessential Americana.

Comment

• Some guy had this picture in his signature on the AAC board. I thought it was awesome.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Some guy had this picture in his signature on the AAC board. I thought it was awesome.
              He's had that for a week or two. Pretty vocal pro-WSU contingency on that board right now. I assume most of the football-only people are still hibernating but probably won't care either way when they wake up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Some guy had this picture in his signature on the AAC board. I thought it was awesome.
                Don't let the Mid Major East see that! The worst thing that could happen to the Big Priest is for another FBS football conference to routinely start to displace them in the RPI.

I can't wait to visit a BlueJay board and see them coining the term P7 for themselves...

Comment

• While we're on the topic, the first time somebody drops P6 around here, I hope they are banned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                    I saw this post on the AAC forums. I really like the idea.

"Just for scheduling purposes divisions, but not in standings or seeding.

Really like the idea of an 18 game schedule, 10 against your division, 1 against the opposite, and then average the last 3 years rpi and extra crossovers with your same tier. #1 and 2 RPI west get the extra game against #1 and 2 RPI of the east and so on."
                    Seems unconventional, but I really like it, too.

Comment

• Assuming this is going to happen, will the mods eventually pin a thread with links to all the AAC boards (I'm new to posting I know and I can't remember who the mods are)? I know some have been posted within this mega thread but 289 pages and counting is just too much to go through and find the links.

Comment

While we're on the topic, the first time somebody drops P6 around here, I hope they are banned.
                        Or referring to our (hypothetically) former MVC mates as "mid-major" with the insinuation we're above that.

Comment

While we're on the topic, the first time somebody drops P6 around here, I hope they are banned.
                          Can we get the mods to place a censor on those words? Just to protect the children from reading something inappropriate, you know?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                            Or referring to our (hypothetically) former MVC mates as "mid-major" with the insinuation we're above that.
                            Is it okay if I call CU mid major though? that just feels really good and I can't stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                              The rest of the MVC is mid-major
                              The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                                The AAC hasn't previously had two divisions, but if they did, it would likely be East and West:

West
                                WSU
                                SMU
                                Tulsa
                                Houston
                                Tulane
                                Memphis

East
                                UConn
                                Cinci
                                Temple
                                ECU
                                CFU
                                SFU
                                FWIW, it's UCF and USF. We'll give y'all a pass.

Comment

Working...
                                X