• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
    No thanks. I'd rAther hAve Coke zero.
    It's a bloody mAry with bACon type of morning

Comment

• I am sure that the next development will be the Student Government Association having a hissy-fit because they were not involved in the decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
        I am sure that the next development will be the Student Government Association having a hissy-fit because they were not involved in the decision.
        Now that's funny stuff right there!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          It's a bloody mAry with bACon type of morning
          too bAd it is fridAy during lent so i Can't.

Comment

• I know this is a sports forum, but does any one know the implications on academics? A good amount of the schools in the AAC are VERY good universities.... does this mean the AAC thinks WSU is poised to move up the "Top Colleges" rankings? Or, is it the other way around-- Does being associated with the AAC and schools like UCONN, SMU and Tulsa raise WSU's academic pedigree? Or is it a little of both..?
            Last edited by WichitaStateGuy; March 31, 2017, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• I think the goal is to have Wichita State's academics elevated upwards. I believe that is the vision Bardo holds for this university, and I think Charles Koch desires that too. If only the students weren't so short-sighted.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
                I know this is a sports forum, but does any one know the implications on academics? A good amount of the schools in the AAC are VERY good universities.... does this mean the AAC thinks WSU is poised to move up the "Top Colleges" rankings? Or, is it the other way around-- Does being associated with the AAC and schools like UCONN, SMU and Tulsa raise WSU's academic pedigree? Or is it a little of both..?
                IIRC, we compare pretty favorably with the middle of the AAC. UConn, Houston and Cincinnati are tier 1 schools or very close (I know Houston is, believe UConn is and would say, given their research footprint, Cincy is close). They are far and away in front of the rest of the pack. SMU and Tulsa are part of that 'middle of the pack'.

I would also say WSU is aspiring to be a Tier-one as well. The Innovation Campus is an example of that work.

Interestingly, Tulsa has a very well thought of school of cybersecurity (https://engineering.utulsa.edu/acade...stitutes/isec/).

I think aligning ourselves with the AAC is a much better fit from an academic and research standpoint than the MVC. I don't see a lot of buzz around research at most of the MVC schools, but my feeling is (after reading some of the comments on the board and looking at their endowment funds) we fit in better with the AAC than the MVC.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  itshappening.gif
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• License to kill Elgin's career by the government of the United Nations. ...you must know you're enemy, and in this case my enemy is the Valley. ... there're like the viet cong - Missouri Valley Cong-ference. So you have to fall back on superior basketball and move to a superior conference. And that's all she wrote.
                    I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

• I was wondering how all of our other sports compare with the AAC. I know volleyball will compete but what about our other sports.

Comment

• Tad's need to print up some Shocker/AAC shirts already. Seriously, start printing them up.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Elgin: You have worn out your welcome, sir!
                          3G: Is that so? Who made you Pope of this dump?
                          Elgin: The Valley...a "dump"? Well, I'll guarantee you won't be a member here much longer.
                          3G: Are you kidding? You think I'd stay in this crummy "crapatorium"? Why, this whole place sucks!
                          Elgin: Su-su-su-...
                          3G: That's right. It sucks!
                          78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                            Elgin: You have worn out your welcome, sir!
                            Elgin: The Valley...a "dump"? Well, I'll guarantee you won't be a member here much longer.
                            3G: Are you kidding? You think I'd stay in this crummy "crapatorium"? Why, this whole place sucks!
                            Followed promptly by

Comment

• ECU fan here. Hopefully not premature but WELCOME to the AAC. The Shockers will be my adopted basketball program. We have a hopeless situation at ECU on that front. Never been good at it and have never seemed to care. I need good basketball to follow and I hate the ACC teams in my backyard. Good luck guys, hopefully this happens for next season. You'll see me around here during basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                                Elgin: You have worn out your welcome, sir!
                                3G: Are you kidding? You think I'd stay this crummy "snobatorium"? Why, this whole place sucks!
                                Please tell me this isn't another caddyshack altered quote. Geesh.

Comment

Working...
                                X