American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
    Yep, Basketball only means "Olympic" sports to them. We are not a one trick pony and would strengthen the AAC with most of our Olympic sports. There a couple asterisks, but we're pretty damn salty as evidenced by the last umpteen All Sports Trophies.
    I was confused about this yesterday. I think you're right, but Jon Rothstein's article was the first I've ever heard of the term basketball only. I've heard football only to describe Navy, I've heard non-football member to describe Notre Dame, and I've heard associate member to describe teams like Missouri State, that put their field hockey team in the MAC. To me, basketball only is a new classification.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Almost every conference has affiliate "members" who compete in random, low profile, non-revenue sports. So the tenuous, basically non-existent connection SDSU and CSSU have with the AAC is a thousand miles from excusing such a glaring error.

Comment

• UConn Blog: The AAC Needs to Expand (Beyond Wichita State)

ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• The fact that Cincy, UCONN, and other fans/writers for the AAC seem to be all for our move into the AAC makes me more hopeful this may actually happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
            SDSU is in the AAC for rowing as well.
            Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling View Post
            Sacramento State is in the AAC for women's rowing.
            As the Bruce would say, "nice pull".
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
              The AAC Would Benefit Greatly if Wichita State Joined

http://www.fanragsports.com/cbb/the-...state-joining/

I thought this was funny...

"Simply because some in the AAC are interested in Wichita State does not mean the Shockers are interested in them."

It made me think of that scene at the end of Dumb and Dumber where Harry and Lloyd are approached by the bikini models looking for 2 guys to oil them up before shoots and Harry and Lloyd point them in the other direction for 2 other guys. Are you freaking kidding me? Of course we want in the AAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post

"Simply because some in the AAC are interested in Wichita State does not mean the Shockers are interested in them."

It made me think of that scene at the end of Dumb and Dumber where Harry and Lloyd are approached by the bikini models looking for 2 guys to oil them up before shoots and Harry and Lloyd point them in the other direction for 2 other guys. Are you freaking kidding me? Of course we want in the AAC.
                Well here is the thing and I'm not saying it is happening but I can see the possibility. If some in the Big East think that they need to increase numbers of top teams to increase their strength, and if timing is an issue, I could see them also considering us too. Interest from one suitor may make us look even better. No reports of this yet but one never knows.

Comment

• If we were offered a spot in the AAC and declined, I would stop supporting the administration at WSU. I would probably also stop my yearly donations until the program was back on the right track.
                  Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Dumb & Dumber (Film), Jim Carrey (Comedian), Jeff Daniels (Theater Actor), comedy, Comedy Film (TV Genre), Comedian (Profession), Stand-up Comedy (TV Genre), funny, Comedy Central (Broadcast), laugh, Hilarious, Being, Humor, Parody, Spoof, Humour (Literary Genre), Joke, Sketch, Fun, Jokes, Satire (TV Genre), Prank, Silly, Laughs, Commercial, Laughing, Crazy, Lol, Laughter, Entertainment, Gag, Smile, Hillarious, Practical, Funny Laugh, Amusing, Humorous, Comic, Comedy Funny, Funny Joke, Hysterical

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

That makes me think of the age old question... can your triple-stamp a double-stamp??

(If so, I triple-stamp my approval of joining the AAC! #TouchBlueToMakeItTrue)
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                        Well here is the thing and I'm not saying it is happening but I can see the possibility. If some in the Big East think that they need to increase numbers of top teams to increase their strength, and if timing is an issue, I could see them also considering us too. Interest from one suitor may make us look even better. No reports of this yet but one never knows.
                        That's a good point I didn't really think about. There may be other suitors, and it may benefit the University to sit back and let this play out a bit to get that best outcome if other conferences do try to position themselves before another shake up happens. I still think the AAC is a better fit for us than the MWC and Big East but I would be pretty stoked about any of those scenarios playing out.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          As the Bruce would say, "nice pull".
                          Was a nice pull. Still no excuse for such a glaring error.
                          As for WSU going to the AAC. Like so many others here. Yes. Yes. Yes. Games with Tulsa, Memphis etc. Perfect fit.
                          On another note, heard Bruce and Savage saying they didn't think Shockers leaving would hurt the Valley that much. They both thought the Valley could find a replacement. I disagree. Sure they could find a replacement. But after losing Creighton and then WSU, it would be nearly a death blow for the conference as we know it. Can't believe other schools like Missouri St and Northern Iowa that at least try to aspire to greater things would want to stay around either.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                            That makes me think of the age old question... can your triple-stamp a double-stamp??

(If so, I triple-stamp my approval of joining the AAC! #TouchBlueToMakeItTrue)
                            I approve this triples-stamp of a double-stamp!

Comment

• Some heroes don't wear capes. They are Johnny-on-the-spot with the perfect meme and video at the perfect moment and time. I salute you WstateU!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                Let's hope this has legs. (Cue @WstateU:). Would be exciting if it happens.
                                Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                While we wait for WStateU

So much material, so little time... :)

Uh huh, you know what it is
                                Black and yellow
                                Black and yellow
                                Black and yellow
                                Black and yellow
                                Yeah uh huh, you know what it is
                                Black and yellow
                                Black and yellow
                                Black and yellow
                                Black and yellow…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X