Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That translates to they aren't playing good enough this year

Comment

• Maybe the C7 realizes that without Dougie, Creighton is just another Indiana St.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
        Maybe the C7 realizes that without Dougie, Creighton is just another Indiana St.
        Except Creighton has been the most consistent school in the MVC for a decade or so. Sure, they may not be as strong when SoW leaves, but they'll still be a strong program and better than SLU
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          Except Creighton has been the most consistent school in the MVC for a decade or so. Sure, they may not be as strong when SoW leaves, but they'll still be a strong program and better than SLU
          I think that the more relevant issue with Creighton vs SLU is this:

St. Louis - #21 media market in the U.S.
          Omaha - #76 media market in the U.S.

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• I guess it comes down to do you want a market, or a basketball program.

Markets are nice, but the C7 aren't lacking in those. Plus SLU is pretty much irrelevant in theirs. I'd take the program that's averaging 10k more fans a game than the other.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I guess it comes down to do you want a market, or a basketball program.

Markets are nice, but the C7 aren't lacking in those. Plus SLU is pretty much irrelevant in theirs. I'd take the program that's averaging 10k more fans a game than the other.
              You can certainly make the case that your argument would be the rational decision (and maybe they will go that way), but I think that there is a lot of "fly over country" bias at work and that St. Louis has a lot more national recognition that Omaha, and would make C7 schools feel that it is more legitimate and fitting the kind of image they want.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Creighton, another Catholic school considered a potential candidate, is considered too far west (Omaha, Neb.) for teams in non-revenue sports to travel.
                Ooops, I guess CU is not all they thought they were. But I'm sure the CU fans will be in denial as they have better, closer sources who have said the C7 consulted with CU before they ever made the move because they had to be on board.

Comment

• I still think the too far comments are funny considering the C7 schools have been traveling farther South in the BE than they would travel West for CU
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I still think the too far comments are funny considering the C7 schools have been traveling farther South in the BE than they would travel West for CU
                    It's just a convenient excuse. That is all.

There wouldn't be those excuses if they were going to invite them.

Now the MVC can look for two quality additions and maybe a 3rd when they uninvite Evansville or MSU (my new pick to leave :) )

Comment

• I know the Valley likes 10, but if CU stays, it really would be a good opportunity to go to 12. If you're concerned about defections, it may be better to invite two now and give them time to build and benefit from the MVC at full strength so if/when someone leaves, the conference as a whole is in better shape.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I agree with the consistency, but you might notice that WITH Dougie, CU's RPI is practically the same as St Lou's and that they are currently in the running for the Atl-10 championship (a better conference than the Valley).

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          I agree with the consistency, but you might notice that WITH Dougie, CU's RPI is practically the same as St Lou's and that they are currently in the running for the Atl-10 championship (a better conference than the Valley).
                          But they're also doing this with the kids Majerus brought in. I don't think that most believe they'll continue this once his kids are gone in a couple of years and will fall back down to being mediocre. CU will still be a solid program without SoW.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

But they're also doing this with the kids Majerus brought in. I don't think that most believe they'll continue this once his kids are gone in a couple of years and will fall back down to being mediocre. CU will still be a solid program without SoW.
                            That is a good point. I hope that CU stays just for the "not a rivalry, rivalry" we have going with them.

Comment

• I hope they stay just because it makes us a stronger conference and a better team. I do think the MVC is trending up and that Bradley will be a factor in the next year or two. I think ISU could be as well even though they lose a lot from this years team. And the bottom of the Valley is improving and the scheduling mandate will help it all.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I hope they stay just because it makes us a stronger conference and a better team. I do think the MVC is trending up and that Bradley will be a factor in the next year or two. I think ISU could be as well even though they lose a lot from this years team. And the bottom of the Valley is improving and the scheduling mandate will help it all.
                                The scheduling mandate is the best part of it. Last time it was in effect, the MVC got 4 in the dance. I would really like to see that on a consistent basis. And that will be very possible now that the Big East is all but done in their current state.

Comment

Working...
                                X