Minor Issues so far with the upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
    I changed a setting that should help how threads are classified as read or unread.
    Works much better now. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      We are getting spammed on the baseball thread.
      Thanks for the heads up, I've put some spam prevention guards in the registration process, but I know a few got through the cracks before I implemented the new set of guards. Hopefully we well have less and less as time goes, we already have less since the first day the new forum got put up.

However, I'll show you something to really help out if you see a spam user.

Now you won't have all the little buttons on the bottom left, because you guys aren't moderators, but you should all have the little triangle with the exclamation mark inside it, at the bottom left of each individual post. If you click that, it will bring up a report that you can send to me and the moderators the problem. You can also PM me or any of the mods if you see them on and we can handle it. Thanks for the help Shoxlax.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Is there any way once you've come to the last post on the bottom of the page to get back to the forum in one click?

It looks like you select the quick navigation and then select the forum, or return to the top of the page for the direct link.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

There is a button that says "top" next to the quick navigation button, below the page listing.

Comment

There is a button that says "top" next to the quick navigation button, below the page listing.
            That's still a 2 click process to return to the forum.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
              That's still a 2 click process to return to the forum.
              I know some of us are being "nit-picky", but the one click to return to the forum was nice feature and it will be missed if nothing can be done about it. I'm sure we can get used to it though.

Comment

Well I asked how to add the forum tree to the bottom of the page in the support forum for VBulletin, hopefully I can get an answer.

But having "one more click" is quite nit pickish. But I understand the ease of browsing...

Comment

Well I think I fixed the issue with the search bar background going ultra dark.

Comment

The browser on my Droid X cannot find Shockernet. Will this be corrected when the DNS forwarding is complete?
                    In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                      The browser on my Droid X cannot find Shockernet. Will this be corrected when the DNS forwarding is complete?
                      You may need to clear the cache and the cookies out of your phone Trop. The cookies and cache seem to be the root of a lot of problems for people.

Comment

• I added a "forum tree" or "bread crumb" depending on what you want to call it, to the bottom of the forum. So now you don't have to scroll up to get out of the thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                          I added a "forum tree" or "bread crumb" depending on what you want to call it, to the bottom of the forum. So now you don't have to scroll up to get out of the thread.
                          :glee:

Comment

• Down at the bottom of the forum, it says there are 202 active members. What makes one an active member -- just visiting the site or do you have to post so much per day or week?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
                              Down at the bottom of the forum, it says there are 202 active members. What makes one an active member -- just visiting the site or do you have to post so much per day or week?
                              This is a setting under vBulletin's software. It counts the number of users who have signed on to Shockernet in a given time span. So if the cut off date was say October 18th, that means 202 members have signed on since October 18th
                              ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                              www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
                                Down at the bottom of the forum, it says there are 202 active members. What makes one an active member -- just visiting the site or do you have to post so much per day or week?
                                The cut off is a month I think, for active users. So 202 users have signed in since the switch.

"Currently Active Users" is set for a cut off of 30 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X