Minor Issues so far with the upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor Issues so far with the upgrade

All issues with the redirect is taken care of. The minor problems are listed below.

Please reply with any issues you see, and I'll try and work them out.

Main issues:

1) When you go to make a post, you will just have a blank text box. To switch the settings to make it so you press the add image buttons and get the WYSIWYG Editor, simply go to Settings at the top right of any page. Once on the settings page, scroll down, look on the left side for General Settings, then scroll down until you see "Message Editor Interface" and change it to enhance.

2) Avatars hosted off site did not transfer over. I'm sorry, try and find your old avatars.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Looks nice!

Comment

Kai, not sure if this will help but DNS servers don't know anything about /sn/ and /forum/. They only know about domain names like shockernet.net/www.shockernet.net. That /sn/ and /forum/ redirect has to be a setting inside your web server somewhere.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Kai, not sure if this will help but DNS servers don't know anything about /sn/ and /forum/. They only know about domain names like shockernet.net/www.shockernet.net. That /sn/ and /forum/ redirect has to be a setting inside your web server somewhere.
        Well when adjusting the "forwarding" that we had previously, it redirected to the /sn/ directory. So when I redid the forwarding, I had it redirect to /forum/. Where it gets stupid, is that the admin site had a check box that said "let us adjust dns settings with forwarding" and they had it as recommended. So when I did the forward last evening, it adjusted the IP address of the host, as well as the name servers, to something not even remotely close to what it was. I do not know why it did this, but that's what caused the problem.

I updated the IP address, and it brought the site back up. Now I did the redirect without changing dns settings, so hopefully it redirects correctly in the next couple hours.

Comment

Oh and there was talk before the update, of updating the logo. What do you guys think of the change from the basketball to the "global network" logo?

Comment

Bah I am on myy stupid iPad. Let me switch to my PC so I can see what's going on behind the scenes.

Comment

Love it!

Comment

Do you have a UNIX prompt and access to your apache configuration file? Also it appears that you are hosting though site5.com, is that correct? The reason I ask is, this feels like just a simple mod-rewrite issue in apache, but if site5.com doesn't let you access your httpd.conf file directly then it will be tricky to know without seeing their setup.

~kai~

Comment

Sending you a Pm.

Comment

The logo is great and the layout looks good.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

I'm sure I'll have more questions as time goes on, but here's two: Are you adding all the icons we had in the past? What's with The Mad Hatter being listed as "Banned"?

Comment

Updated the redirect with the help of Kung Wu. It should now come here when typing in www.ShockerNet.net

And thanks Wu_shizzle and Wingding

Comment

Is it just me, or does the font color seems too orangy compared with what we had before? I was thinking it was closer in color to what they show on goshockers.com

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                            Is it just me, or does the font color seems too orangy compared with what we had before? I was thinking it was closer in color to what they show on goshockers.com
                            It does look a little more gold than yellow, but monitor settings can vary wildly.
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

Well in the visual style guide, they use the darker gold for all web materials.

ddacf3a715d44fd299f0532e13247f8c.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X