Minor Issues so far with the upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoxFan963 View Post
    You can change "oldest to newest" posts to "newest to oldest" here, and scroll down to the drop menu for thread display mode.
    Yes, and if I do that, then I have to sometimes click to get to the last page of the entries and I always have to scroll down to the bottom, and then back up to find the most recent unread post. If it is a thread I don't wish to read, I will always have to scroll to the bottom. That's why it would be so nice to have the tag at the top as well, so I can continue tohave the posts "newest to oldest" and be able to exit the thread from top or bottom.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• I'm having a really hard time following what the problem is...
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
        I'm having a really hard time following what the problem is...
        I guess I will just have to give the nice option of "newest to oldest." Not sure the "view first unread" works anyhow. In the old system, I wished I could have "newest to oldest" and I could, but I could never make that option happen automatically, it reverted with each sign-on. Now I have got that, but when I get to the last post (up at the top), I have to scroll and search to find the place to select "next thread," which is somewhere near, but not at the bottom. I guess since I'm the only one, I'll have to go back to the "oldest to newest" and see how that works.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• I view threads using tabs on Chrome. You can do it on IE now, it has tabs as well. Typically if you click a link with the mouse wheel, it will open the link in a new tab. How I browse the forum is by clicking on "What's New?" at the top. Then the threads I want to view, I click the little button next to the title of the thread which is the "view first post you have not read" and I click that little button with the mouse wheel, and it opens it up in a new tab. Then you just view each tab, and it's already at the newest post for each thread. It's very simple, and hardly no scrolling.

I really think you're making forum browsing much harder than it has to be @im4wsu: because you're consistently the only person having issues with "scrolling" and "clicking" too much.

Comment

• Here I'll even show you pictures.

See the little double downward arrows next to each title? If you click that, it will take you to the newest post that you have not viewed. So what I do is I middle mousewheel click each thread's double arrow that I want to read, and it opens it up in a new tab.

It will look like this in my browser.

Then I just click on each tab, and I'm already at each new post for the threads I want to read. Then when I'm done reading, and replying, I simply close the tab. There is no exit scrolling or clicking, other than the x on the tab. It's a much more efficient way of viewing the forum than what you're trying to do.

Comment

• Going to add a countdown clock for events tonight, similar to the old software.

Comment

Going to add a countdown clock for events tonight, similar to the old software.
                Great! Thanks! You are doing a great job with the forum @_kai_:!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
                  Great! Thanks! You are doing a great job with the forum @_kai_!
                  Thank you! And nice use of the tagging feature.

Comment

I view threads using tabs on Chrome. You can do it on IE now, it has tabs as well. Typically if you click a link with the mouse wheel, it will open the link in a new tab. How I browse the forum is by clicking on "What's New?" at the top. Then the threads I want to view, I click the little button next to the title of the thread which is the "view first post you have not read" and I click that little button with the mouse wheel, and it opens it up in a new tab. Then you just view each tab, and it's already at the newest post for each thread. It's very simple, and hardly no scrolling.

I really think you're making forum browsing much harder than it has to be @im4wsu because you're consistently the only person having issues with "scrolling" and "clicking" too much.
                    Thanks for that little bit of information. I was trying to figure out how to go to the first unread post when there was more than one page.

On another subject, have you looked into pinned sites? It requires Windows 7 and IE9.

More information:

Pinned Sites Developer Documentation (Windows)

How to add Pinning and Jump Lists to your website in IE9

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                      Thanks for that little bit of information. I was trying to figure out how to go to the first unread post when there was more than one page.

On another subject, have you looked into pinned sites? It requires Windows 7 and IE9.

More information:

Pinned Sites Developer Documentation (Windows)

How to add Pinning and Jump Lists to your website in IE9
                      I didn't even know you could pin actual websites. That's really interesting. I'm bookmarking that so I can read about it later. Thanks for link.

Comment

• [QUOTE=_kai_;270047I click the little button next to the title of the thread which is the "view first post you have not read"[/QUOTE]

@_kai_: you've been holding back on us!! That little button is magic!
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          @_kai_ you've been holding back on us!! That little button is magic!
                          You of all people I would have bet some money on knowing that button was there.

I'm really thinking about making a walk through post about all the little features that are new to the forum, that people might not know about.

Comment

• Another thing I'm planning on working on tonight if I have time is uploading a mobile skin to the forum. The forum can recognize when someone is viewing from a mobile device, and it can default the view to a skin I specify. So if I have a reasonable mobile skin, it will help viewing times and reduce data usage for mobile plans.

I have noticed that mobile viewers account for about 6% of total views.

Comment

Another thing I'm planning on working on tonight if I have time is uploading a mobile skin to the forum. The forum can recognize when someone is viewing from a mobile device, and it can default the view to a skin I specify. So if I have a reasonable mobile skin, it will help viewing times and reduce data usage for mobile plans.

I have noticed that mobile viewers account for about 6% of total views.
                              I would use my phone more if it didn't take so long to load. Probably more so during the season.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                I would use my phone more if it didn't take so long to load. Probably more so during the season.
                                That's what I'm hoping, that more people will use it on their phone, which will increase page views.

Comment

Working...
                                X