Minor Issues so far with the upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
    I surely wish there was a "next thread" and "previous thread" at the top of the topic as well as at the bottom.
    Here is the next and previous threads

Originally posted by ShoxFan963 View Post
    This and when you click next thread it takes you to the last page instead of the first page.

Plus, it would be nice if the quick navigation menu was cleaned up a bit just have the "more popular" forums included in there or make it where you don't have to scroll at all when the menu drops down if it is at all possible.

Another thing I missed from the old software is there were a chain of links (like at the top) that showed the forum and specific thread you are reading.
    "chain of links" is at the top of the page

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Kai, will you be able to add the same population of smilies that were available in the old board?
      They are there.

You just have to click "go advanced" next to the quick reply button. It takes you to all the smilies on the right of the next page.

Comment

Originally posted by EB 22 View Post
        It's there right above the reply to thread button. It's all in a tight fit there.

vBulletin 4 is still in constant betas and upgrades and there's no finalized version yet so I'm sure other things may change depending on how often Kai wants to upgrade.
        Whoops. I meant to say I would like to see that chain of links at the bottom as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
          Overall, I like the look, feel, and navigation of the new site. I haven't worked it very much, though. It will take a little while to adapt to the nuances of the this release of vBulletin, but overall I like it. The true test will be from my laptop with a small vertical size and slightly less resolution than my work desktop.

A couple of things: 1) There is a lot of wasted space in posts, especially those that have an avatar. It looks like if a user has a signature, that it doesn't start until below the left box with the avatar, join date, location, etc. It also looks like the forum software is adding a bunch of empty space to the end of every post - more wasted space. Is there any way to scrunch that up? I'll check it from the laptop, but I'm guessing 1 1/2 - 2 posts per screen is all I'll be able to see. I really care about the posts, not the avater, signature graphic and other info. A good example are your posts. You have a large avatar and a big graphic in your sig. Takes WAAAAY to much vertical screen space. 2) The Quick Reply box should be a really light grey or white to give more contrast. It is hard to see the cursor icon when you mouse over it. BTW, I do like the default to Quick Reply if you're not quoting a previous post.
          In your general settings, you can choose as to whether or not you see avatars and signature sections.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxFan963 View Post
            Whoops. I meant to say I would like to see that chain of links at the bottom as well.
            There is a button that takes you up to the top.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
              They are there.

You just have to click "go advanced" next to the quick reply button. It takes you to all the smilies on the right of the next page.
              :excitement: Wow, that and much more!

Thanks Kai

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                :excitement: Wow, that a much more!

Thanks Kai
                No problemo. I think there are over 150 smilies now haha. A bit of over kill but it works.

Comment

Definitely a sweet new set of emoticons!

:applause:

:triumphant:

Comment

Me likey!

Comment

Am I not finding the links to other Valley message boards or are they still work in progress?
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

SMILEYS!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            Am I not finding the links to other Valley message boards or are they still work in progress?
                            It's not there at the moment, work in progress.

Comment

I like it!

Nice upgrade - like the clean new look.

Comment

For all those looking for the links section, I have a tab up at the top nav bar, but here is the link for you all http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...-Helpful-Links

Originally posted by BCSCat View Post
                                Nice upgrade - like the clean new look.
                                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X