Minor Issues so far with the upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
    I didn't even know you could pin actual websites. That's really interesting. I'm bookmarking that so I can read about it later. Thanks for link.
    Yeah, here's an example of Facebook's pinned website. Or take a look at what an Amazon pinned site looks like.

Comment

Another thing I'm planning on working on tonight if I have time is uploading a mobile skin to the forum. The forum can recognize when someone is viewing from a mobile device, and it can default the view to a skin I specify. So if I have a reasonable mobile skin, it will help viewing times and reduce data usage for mobile plans.

I have noticed that mobile viewers account for about 6% of total views.
      But please, please, please don't force the skin on us. It's super irritating when a website won't let you hit their primary website via an iPhone.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        But please, please, please don't force the skin on us. It's super irritating when a website won't let you hit their primary website via an iPhone.
        The problem with that though, is that the forum remembers what you set your skin to, so when someone gets back on a computer, they view it as the mobile skin. If I allow the software to dictate what skin you use based on resolution, it won't change the desktop version of how you view it.

I think it's safer to automatically let it change it, than make people change it manually on their phone.

I think you might be the rare breed that wants to manually change it everytime.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Is there anything that can be done about clicking the "next thread" link and it taking you to the first page of the thread? Browsing would be a lot quicker if you were to click the link and it takes you to the first unread post/page.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan963 View Post
            Is there anything that can be done about clicking the "next thread" link and it taking you to the first page of the thread? Browsing would be a lot quicker if you were to click the link and it takes you to the first unread post/page.
            Some people might want to go to the first page. I don't think you could please everyone. You'd have to have separate links to do both.

Comment

The problem with that though, is that the forum remembers what you set your skin to, so when someone gets back on a computer, they view it as the mobile skin. If I allow the software to dictate what skin you use based on resolution, it won't change the desktop version of how you view it.

I think it's safer to automatically let it change it, than make people change it manually on their phone.

You mean it isn't cookie based? I would have thought that setting would be by cookie?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                Some people might want to go to the first page. I don't think you could please everyone. You'd have to have separate links to do both.
                Very true, but I think most people would just like to pick up where they left off. Am I right or am I wrong?

Comment

You mean it isn't cookie based? I would have thought that setting would be by cookie?
                  Pretty sure it's not. On your phone set the BG to the light one, then get on your desktop, and see if it changed the BG of both.

Comment

Pretty sure it's not. On your phone set the BG to the light one, then get on your desktop, and see if it changed the BG of both.
                    @_kai_: I think we are good. I have "light" on the iPhone and "dark" on the PC.

Comment

@_kai_ I think we are good. I have "light" on the iPhone and "dark" on the PC.

Ohhhhh. This is a good thing.

Comment

It'd be nice if you could base it on url....i.e. m.shockernet.net took you to the mobile version.

There's at least one forum that I won't go to on my phone because it forces the mobile theme which seems to be design for a 2004 feature phone, and is very annoying to navigate on.

Comment

Ohhhhh. This is a good thing.
                          Yes indeed!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
                            It'd be nice if you could base it on url....i.e. m.shockernet.net took you to the mobile version.

There's at least one forum that I won't go to on my phone because it forces the mobile theme which seems to be design for a 2004 feature phone, and is very annoying to navigate on.
                            I think it will be okay @ShockerEngr:. I think he's only implementing a skin and from my quick test the phone will let you change skins easily so you won't be stuck with super annoying mobile-only website on your phone. Those are really the absolute worst, I and just can't use them. 95% of the functionality you need seem to be missing on those sites to the point of not being worth it.

Comment

• Pages are taking forever to load. Is it just something with my work computer? It's a good 15 to 20 seconds per page. I haven't had this problem until recently so I'm not sure what it is. It's the only site I have this issue with so I wasn't sure if there may be something else to it as well.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                Pages are taking forever to load. Is it just something with my work computer? It's a good 15 to 20 seconds per page. I haven't had this problem until recently so I'm not sure what it is. It's the only site I have this issue with so I wasn't sure if there may be something else to it as well.
                                I'm having instantaneous page loads. Unless others are having the problems, it might just be you. Not sure why this site would be the only one you experience problems on.

Comment

Working...
                                X