No announcement yet.

Daily Wit and Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “I think the self interview is the essence of creativity. Asking yourself questions and trying to find answers.” – Jim Morrison
    :strawberry:
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• "Let us dedicate ourselves to what the Greeks wrote so many years ago: to tame the savageness of man and make gentle the life of this world. Let us dedicate ourselves to that, and say a prayer for our country and for our people." Robert Kennedy
      :butterfly:
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• You can speak to the ethical foundation of science, but you cannot speak to the scientific foundation of ethics"
        -- Albert Einstein

Comment

• “If you don't get what you want, you suffer; if you get what you don't want, you suffer; even when you get exactly what you want, you still suffer because you can't hold on to it forever.”
          Dan Millman
          :saturn:

Comment

• "Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, until, in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom through the awful grace of God." Bobby Kennedy
            Dedicated to those at the US Navy Yard in DC:crushed:

Comment

• “What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife.”
              Rodney Dangerfield
              :frog:

Comment

• "I don't know what you mean by country music. I just make music the way I know how."

#hankwilliams
                :excitement: Saw this and just had to post.

Comment

• "I have to change. It’s like a curse." -Miles Davis from Washington Post, March 13, 1969
                  :afro:

Comment

• "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart" Helen Keller
                    :tranquillity:

Comment

• 'I'm not sure how I feel but I'm glad we won' Andy Reid

Comment

• “History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

Mark Twain
                        :devilish:

Comment

• "To feel much for others and little for ourselves; to restrain our selfishness and exercise our benevolent affections, constitute the perfection of human nature." ~~ Adam Smith (1723-1790)
                          :teapot:

Comment

• "When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller
                            :tongue-new:

Comment

• "All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
                              --Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                                "The fool says in his heart, 'There is no God.'” - Psalm 14
                                "For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse." Romans 1:20
                                QFT
                                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                                -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X