Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future" Oscar Wilde
    :stupid:
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• “If I could conceive that the general government might ever be so administered as to render the liberty of conscience insecure, I beg you will be persuaded, that no one would be more zealous than myself to establish effectual barriers against the horrors of spiritual tyranny, and every species of religious persecution.”
      ~George Washington, letter to the United Baptist Chamber of Virginia, May 1789
      :saturn:
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• reward-300x193.jpg

Comment

• "Sinatra's idea of paradise is a place where there are plenty of women and no newspapermen. He doesn't know it, but he'd be better off if it were the other way around." - Humphrey Bogart on Frank Sinatra
          :lemo:

Comment

• “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• "Nothing that grieves us can be called little: by the eternal laws of proportion a child's loss of a doll and a king's loss of a crown are events of the same size."
              --from "Which was the Dream?" (1898) Mark Twain
              :teapot:

Comment

• "It is the job that is never started that takes the longest to finish" JRR Tolkien
                :GB_bonesrock:

Comment

• “We don’t want this globalised economic system which does us so much harm. Men and women have to be at the centre (of an economic system) as God wants, not money… The world has become an idolator of this god called money… To defend this economic culture, a throwaway culture has been installed. We throw away grandparents, and we throw away young people. We have to say no to his throwaway culture. We want a just system that helps everyone.”
                  ~Pope Francis, criticizing “savage capitalism,
                  :greedy_dollars:

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11
                    “We don’t want this globalised economic system which does us so much harm. Men and women have to be at the centre (of an economic system) as God wants, not money… The world has become an idolator of this god called money… To defend this economic culture, a throwaway culture has been installed. We throw away grandparents, and we throw away young people. We have to say no to his throwaway culture. We want a just system that helps everyone.”
                    ~Pope Francis, criticizing “savage capitalism,
                    kc, are you ready to follow all the Bible's teaching to make this a reality?
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

• “The times talk to us of so much poverty in the world and this is a scandal. Poverty in the world is a scandal. In a world where there is so much wealth, so many resources to feed everyone, it is unfathomable that there are so many hungry children, that there are so many children without an education, so many poor persons. Poverty today is a cry.”
                      ~Pope Francis, decrying poverty and hunger at a time of great world wealth during a meeting with students of Jesuit Schools, June 2013

Comment

• The most noteworthy thing about the comeback was the way Wichita State did it. Outside of one stretch where the Shockers forced too many 3-pointers, there was very little panic. VanVleet ran the show, Ron Baker did his thing, and Early continued to make plays. Wichita State still probably won't go unbeaten, but the Shockers are legit. They've got winners. CBS
                        :bball_spin:

Comment

• “I am for freedom of religion and against all maneuvers to bring about a legal ascendancy of one sect over another.”
                          ~Thomas Jefferson, letter to Elbridge Gerry, January 26, 1799

:teapot:

Comment

• Steppenwolf - Born to be wild 1969
                            (Soundtrack of the road film 'Easy Rider')

Get your motor runnin'
                            Head out on the highway
                            Lookin' for adventure
                            And whatever comes our way
                            Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
                            Take the world in a love embrace
                            Fire all of your guns at once
                            And explode into space

I like smoke and lightning
                            Heavy metal thunder
                            Racin' with the wind
                            And the feelin' that I'm under
                            Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
                            Take the world in a love embrace
                            Fire all of your guns at once
                            And explode into space

Like a true nature's child
                            We were born, born to be wild
                            We can climb so high
                            I never wanna die

Born to be wild
                            Born to be wild
                            :pirate:

Comment

• Welcome to the Roundhouse, aka the Charles Koch Arena. Get ready to be surrounded by black, yellow, black, yellow, black, yellow. It is as if you are allergic to bee stings and a swarm of bees are closing in around you. There is no escape; no water, no blanket to hide under. This is nothing that can save you from this full sensory assault on the court and in the stands. Ben Miraski
                              :bball_spin:

Comment

• David Coblitz-" A committee can make a decision dumber than any of it's members."
                                :distracted:

Comment

Working...
                                X