No announcement yet.

Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melania's speech writer was interviewed by MSM. Some takes from the conversation: "Melania said she always admired Michelle Obama"...(that's going to make some heads explode)..."Melania told me some of the things Mrs. Obama had said that inspired her and i wrote them down"..."they got into her speech"..."I should have checked the wording more carefully"

Those are not exact quotes, but they're close.

I tried to find a source less biased than the one I'm going to link, but this has the exact same quote I saw from an ABC news source and it was conveniently listed high on Google, and I'm lazy, so here it is from a biased rag. http://www.thewrap.com/melania-trump-speechwriter-accepts-blame/

Last edited by Aargh; July 20, 2016, 12:37 PM.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Trump gets a 6 point bump from the convention. Lastest national poll shows he has a comfortable lead among independents.
      In the fast lane

Comment

• Trump has Malik Obama's vote.

A Kenyan half-brother of President Barack Obama says he will vote for Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and not the candidate his brother has endorsed, Hillary Clinton.

Comment

• A former member of Trump's political strategy group probably won't be eligible for rehire:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            A former member of Trump's political strategy group probably won't be eligible for rehire:

http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/03/2...-trump-voters/
            Has he sued her yet?

Comment

• For those of you not familiar with Omarosa, she was a contestant on Apprentice. She was snarky, an absolute back-stabber, bitchy, arrogant. Generally a real hateful person who got ahead by succeeding in destroying others. Trump loved her for her tenaciousness.

Now trumjp has hired her as his Director of African-American Affairs and the RNC has hired her to take on Hillary Clinton on foreign policy issues.

I'd love to make some humorous comment pointing out the irony of hiring someone only known for their participation in reality television to take on a former Secretary of State in a debate on foreign policy. There is nothing I can say that goes beyond the fact that it actually happened. Sometimes it's not possible to say anything past just relating what happened. Both Rush Limbaugh and Bill Maher can get mileage out of this.

For their counter-programming for the Democratic convention, Republicans brought in Omarosa Manigault,...

Comment

For those of you not familiar with Omarosa, she was a contestant on Apprentice. She was snarky, an absolute back-stabber, bitchy, arrogant. Generally a real hateful person who got ahead by succeeding in destroying others. Trump loved her for her tenaciousness.

Now trumjp has hired her as his Director of African-American Affairs and the RNC has hired her to take on Hillary Clinton on foreign policy issues.

I'd love to make some humorous comment pointing out the irony of hiring someone only known for their participation in reality television to take on a former Secretary of State in a debate on foreign policy. There is nothing I can say that goes beyond the fact that it actually happened. Sometimes it's not possible to say anything past just relating what happened. Both Rush Limbaugh and Bill Maher can get mileage out of this.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...foreign-policy
                It called "spokesman" and grand theater and spin. We have watched 8 years of Obama spokesmen/woman come out and and outright lie. So everybody used to it now.

Doesnt really matter what trump does, say, or who he rolls out there - he looking untouchable. This should not be even a close race close for the democrats - but it starting to look like it might be.

Comment

A former member of Trump's political strategy group probably won't be eligible for rehire:

http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/03/2...-trump-voters/
                  Apparently she had no dealings with Trump, and was not a part of his campaign. She was Communications Director for a Super PAC that Trump himself asked to be shut down in October of 2015. That's a far, far cry from "top strategist".

Stephanie Cegielski, a former spokeswoman for the Make America Great Again Super PAC, wrote an open letter about Donald Trump.

However, everything she said is exactly how I've characterized him, right up to him and his campaign never expecting to win.

Comment

• OK, so the RNC featured the mother of a US Government employee who was murdered while in service to his country; and the DNC featured the mother of a career criminal who was killed while attacking a police officer. Nothing could be more clear.

Comment

• This is why I don't read "journalism" from Occupy Democrats or Chick's on the Right.
                      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I'm sure I've been living under a rock and most people have seen these, but I think they're really funny. Someone has replaced Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes with Donald Trump, and it makes the comics even more enjoyable: http://imgur.com/gallery/nw9TX

For example:

Comment

• Calvin and Hobbes are brilliant. Bill Watterson is a comic genius.

Comment

• Trump and his surrogates no doubt have some skeletons rattling around in their closet as well. Of particular, concern is past (and perhaps current) relationships with Russian interests:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2016/07/27/whats-the-scoop-with-russia-and-the-u-s-election/

In addition to some of Trump's statements praising Putin, questioning NATO and providing defensive arms to the Ukraine Russia may find Trump a useful tool to use in trying to foment chaos and unrest in the United States which may well be their ultimate goal.

No doubt the Democrats will paint Trump (and his campaign staff) as deeply pro-Russian to attempt to counter the Clinton corruption issues. Of course, Hillary has her own Russian skeletons in her closet. However, I think that was primarily a greedy pay-to-play money grab and had little to do with politics.

Gary Johnson is not a perfect candidate but he is beginning to look better and better when matched up against Clintrump. However, taking on Russia/Putin may prove to a challenge he may not be upt to. He has no chance to win but I would like to see him in the debates.

Fort Hays State released a recent poll showing Trump up by 17 points in Kansas so it won't make a lot of difference if a few folks decide to go 3rd party or write-in. To this point Johnson seems to be taking votes away from Trump and Hillary in more or less equal proportion.

Off topic a bit is that this FHS poll reported Sam Brownback had a 15% approval rating. Had that been the case in 2014 Sam would have been Green Eggs and Ham.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 28, 2016, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                              This is why I don't read "journalism" from Occupy Democrats or Chick's on the Right.
                              Yeah, I saw the source and refused to use the verbiage they used in their headline ("top strategist"). I linked the article because I believe it portrays Trump fairly accurately.

IMHO, Trump will say anything he thinks you need to hear to seal the deal. Then he'll bend you over, and won't say thank you or give you cab fare home. That's how he conducts his business dealings and it appears to be how he's running his campaign.

Even with all that, I'm still undecided on how I'll vote in that race.

Comment

Y

IMHO, Trump will say anything he thinks you need to hear to seal the deal.
                                How is that any different than Hillary? She has a proven track record of saying one thing and then doing another.

Comment

Working...
                                X