• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Boom!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      I've wondered that myself more than once. Of course I had my tinfoil hat on, but it isn't outside the realm of possibility.
      Trump loves the Clintons.

I think he envies the total con that the Clinton Foundation has always been.

He wanted in on the action.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by ROOT ANGRY! View Post
        Kasich would have been a very tough out for Clinton, I think. He was smart to steer clear of the RNC, and looks well positioned for 2020.
        Man, you are an optimist. I can't get there with you. I liked Kasich (I liked Rubio better, and some others too) and thought he had a great message but there are too many (even on this board) who think he's not
        conservative enough for them (they like Cruz who I can't get behind because of his Harvard type of attitude/ego who thinks that he is the only smart one in the room) and libs
        who think that Kasich is not enough for limited government for their tastes (they prefer someone like Rand Paul or Cruz who I don't see uniting the coalition either. When
        you get down to it, I think that the Dems continue to win, not because their message is great but because they "unite" better.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          Man, you are an optimist. I can't get there with you. I liked Kasich (I liked Rubio better, and some others too) and thought he had a great message but there are too many (even on this board) who think he's not
          conservative enough for them (they like Cruz who I can't get behind because of his Harvard type of attitude/ego who thinks that he is the only smart one in the room) and libs
          who think that Kasich is not enough for limited government for their tastes (they prefer someone like Rand Paul or Cruz who I don't see uniting the coalition either. When
          you get down to it, I think that the Dems continue to win, not because their message is great but because they "unite" better.
          I completely disagree. Just about any of the GOP candidates, perhaps other than Bush (two was enough) or Christie (a Dem in GOP clothes), would wipe the floor with Hillary in the general election because all those factions you mention understand how dangerous she is. The problem now is they see Trump as equally dangerous, unqualified or incompetent. Put someone on the ballot they can at least trust to be who he/she has purported to be and they would rally behind the cause.

Comment

• Funny b/c Trump's electability was a key crutch for his apologists and advocates this Spring.

Comment

• USA Today.

"An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released Thursday afternoon also showed Clinton with a significant lead: She had 47% and Trump had 38%.

In a four-way matchup, Clinton held on to her lead with 43% while Trump had 34%. Johnson had 10% and Stein had 5%."

At the rate Trump's number are dropping, Johnson and Stein together might start out polling him.:devilish:

Comment

• [QUOTE=ShockTalk;664883]USA Today.

"An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released Thursday afternoon also showed Clinton with a significant lead: She had 47% and Trump had 38%.

In a four-way matchup, Clinton held on to her lead with 43% while Trump had 34%. Johnson had 10% and Stein had 5%."
                Quite a free-fall, isn't it? Tough to compete when you're consistently in the thirties.
                The only one I can think of that's close is what happened to Dukakis' approval after his disastrous tank ride, Willie Horton, and the RNC.
                (It's easy to forget he was leading polls by fifteen percent after his convention.)

At the rate Trump's number are dropping, Johnson and Stein together might start out polling him.:devilish:[/QUOTEIn a four-way matchup, Clinton held on to her lead with 43% while Trump had 34%. Johnson had 10% and Stein had 5%."
                Quite a free-fall, isn't it? Tough to compete when you're consistently in the thirties.
                The only one I can think of that's close is what happened to Dukakis' approval after his disastrous tank ride, Willie Horton, and the RNC.
                (It's easy to forget he was leading polls by fifteen percent after his convention.)
                Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

• Just when you think Trump is dead, Hillary comes out and starts lying again....

Comment

• Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

• Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

• They're campaigning in Arizona.

Arizona.

At this point my hope is that Gary Johnson could win a couple states, keep Clinton and Trump from the necessary 270 electoral votes, and kick the decision to the House.
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                          They're campaigning in Arizona.

Arizona.

At this point my hope is that Gary Johnson could win a couple states, keep Clinton and Trump from the necessary 270 electoral votes, and kick the decision to the House.
                          Would the House give it to Trump or go to somebody that didn't run?
                          In the fast lane

Comment

• [QUOTE=wu_shizzle;665063]They're campaigning in Arizona.

Arizona.

At this point my hope is that Gary Johnson could win a couple states, keep Clinton and Trump from the necessary 270 electoral votes, and kick the decision to the House.[/QUOTE
                            It's more likely that Drake wins the Valley this year.
                            Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                              Would the House give it to Trump or go to somebody that didn't run?
                              I believe they have to vote between the top 3 in the electoral college. Regardless of who wins will be a damaged goods, but if this goes to the House it will be epic melt down for somebody - and it wouldn't surprise me if Hillary could pull enough republican house members to give her the victory on House vote.

Comment

• Clinton's lead in RCP Polling Average widens to +7.5, largest margin since April. States like Georgia and Arizona are currently forecast to break for Clinton, and Clinton has a better chance of winning Utah than Trump does of winning Pennsylvania or Virginia. Instead of putting northeast states in play, as some suggested here this spring, it looks like Republicans may be forced to play defense in places like South Carolina.

The real question may be whether this colossally stupid and irresponsible nomination is enough to also gift wrap the Senate for the Dems. The House still looks safe for Republicans, but the safety net is shrinking as the cheetoh-skinned pariah continues to do exactly what he did during the entirety of the Republican primary (only now people are actually paying attention and his base does not hold disproportionate sway).

There needs to be some pretty serious soul searching when this is done for the Republicans to figure out their identity moving forward. The current equation does not appear to be a winning one now (targeting disenfranchised, less educated and disproportionately elderly whites), and it's a suicidal strategy from a long-term viewpoint given demographic trends.

Frustrating times for conservatives.

Comment

Working...
                                X