• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that make you say...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      Well that is what this election is about - which "jackass" is this country going to elect.
      Unfortunately, that is the case. Recently, I read an article that approximately 50% of Trumps supporters were voting against Hillary as opposed to voting for Trump. However, the same thing applied for Hillary. Approximately, 50% of her supporters were voting against Trump as opposed to for Hillary.

Now the logical thing would be for those Never Clintrump voters to vote for Johnson/Weld which would seem to be a win-win-win situation. The Anti-Trump people get what they want, the Anti-Hillary people get what they want and I get what I want. Yeah, I know, no chance that will happen. The problem of voting for the lesser two evils (Clinton or Trump) is that you still get evil.

Comment

• According to the National Tax Foundation (not a liberal group). Clinton has no desire to raise taxes on long term capital gains:
        No Change in the Long-Term Rate
        It is notable that the long-term rate remains the same as current law. In neither this campaign nor her previous campaign has Clinton expressed interest in raising the long term rate on capital gains. In a Democratic presidential primary debate in 2008, she was asked if she planned to raise the top capital gains rate, and she replied “I wouldn't raise it above the 20 percent if I raised it at all. I would not raise it above what it was during the Clinton administration.”

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
          According to the National Tax Foundation (not a liberal group). Clinton has no desire to raise taxes on long term capital gains:
          No Change in the Long-Term Rate
          It is notable that the long-term rate remains the same as current law. In neither this campaign nor her previous campaign has Clinton expressed interest in raising the long term rate on capital gains. In a Democratic presidential primary debate in 2008, she was asked if she planned to raise the top capital gains rate, and she replied “I wouldn't raise it above the 20 percent if I raised it at all. I would not raise it above what it was during the Clinton administration.”
          Here is what she is proposing - actually makes sense.

Attached Files

Comment

• Donald Trump may very well have lost whatever chance he had at winning the Presidential election this weekend with his ridiculous responses to and attacks on Khzir and Ghazala Khan not to mention his embarrassing performance on ABC News this weekend. Not only does he continue to show his lack of depth on issues he has also shown he is absolutely tone deaf, which is about the nicest way I can state it.

It appears that even Hillary Clinton will not be bad enough to save him from himself.

Comment

• Warren Buffett to Donald Trump: Have you no sense of decency, sir?

Evoking the memory of the McCarthy hearings that lead to the downfall of Senator McCarthy.

Comment

• I despise Donald Trump. That said, Warren Buffett is about the last person that should speak of decency.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Donald Trump may very well have lost whatever chance he had at winning the Presidential election this weekend with his ridiculous responses to and attacks on Khzir and Ghazala Khan not to mention his embarrassing performance on ABC News this weekend. Not only does he continue to show his lack of depth on issues he has also shown he is absolutely tone deaf, which is about the nicest way I can state it.

It appears that even Hillary Clinton will not be bad enough to save him from himself.
                  Is he really this stupid in attacking gold star parents? Make you wonder if the conspiracy theory of early on that he was just running to sabotage Republican against Hillary is actually true (maybe the Russians will release the email with their collusion). Either that or the theory he doesn't really want to be president is true - because somebody this stupid can't be elected president.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                    Is he really this stupid in attacking gold star parents? Make you wonder if the conspiracy theory of early on that he was just running to sabotage Republican against Hillary is actually true (maybe the Russians will release the email with their collusion). Either that or the theory he doesn't really want to be president is true - because somebody this stupid can't be elected president.
                    Never underestimate the electorate. We keep electing Brownback.

Comment

• Perhaps Julian Assange will ride to the rescue for Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                        Never underestimate the electorate. We keep electing Brownback.
                        Kind of how I felt about Sebelius.

Comment

• :ambivalence:
                          Last edited by Jtaylor; August 2, 2016, 12:23 AM.

Comment

• We've had a Republican Congress for a few years. Congress sets the budget. The Republicans have not reduced spending. I've yet to see a Republican administration or Congress significantly cut spending.

The financial crisis of 2008 required the government to print an amount of money that was about equal to the total amount of money in circulation at that time. That was just to bail out the financial industry and some huge corporations. The biggest welfare program in the history of our nation went to bail out the most heavily monied industries in existence.

If you want to reduce the debt, you either cut spending or increase taxes.

All this talk about balanced budgets seems to be just that - talk about balancing the budget.

The Repubs say we've got to cut spending, but they don't do that. Look at what's happening in Kansas. The Repubs say it's a spending problem, but with absolute control that can override a veto of any budget cuts, they didn't cut spending to balance the tax cuts. Now Kansas is running about $400 million a year in the red, which is a violation of the State Constitution.

It comes down to some pretty simple facts. If an elected official cuts spending to fix the budget, they will never get elected again. If an elected official raises taxes to fix the budget, they will never get elected again.

To whom does the USA owe this 20 trillion dollars? What happens when we just say, "Sorry, we've decided we're not going to pay that back. From here on out we're starting over - you got a problem with that?" Some day we're going to say that.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              We've had a Republican Congress for a few years. Congress sets the budget. The Republicans have not reduced spending. I've yet to see a Republican administration or Congress significantly cut spending.

The financial crisis of 2008 required the government to print an amount of money that was about equal to the total amount of money in circulation at that time. That was just to bail out the financial industry and some huge corporations. The biggest welfare program in the history of our nation went to bail out the most heavily monied industries in existence.

If you want to reduce the debt, you either cut spending or increase taxes.

All this talk about balanced budgets seems to be just that - talk about balancing the budget.

The Repubs say we've got to cut spending, but they don't do that. Look at what's happening in Kansas. The Repubs say it's a spending problem, but with absolute control that can override a veto of any budget cuts, they didn't cut spending to balance the tax cuts. Now Kansas is running about $400 million a year in the red, which is a violation of the State Constitution.

It comes down to some pretty simple facts. If an elected official cuts spending to fix the budget, they will never get elected again. If an elected official raises taxes to fix the budget, they will never get elected again.

To whom does the USA owe this 20 trillion dollars? What happens when we just say, "Sorry, we've decided we're not going to pay that back. From here on out we're starting over - you got a problem with that?" Some day we're going to say that.
                              All true
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                "Required" is a strong word.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X