Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, I was describing myself.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
      My initial conclusion was that Trey Gowdy would have been a good AG. However, after his Bengazi fiasco, where Hillary clearly out maneuvered him, my opinion of Gowdy soured. He's just another backwater DA (from Greenville, S.C.) who's a wanna-be.

I cringed when I watched him walk into a number of traps during the hearing.

I will say he's better than Darrell Issa, who should never have had his record expunged and thus would not have been eligible to run for congress. Aside that, I'm not too impressed.
      Its not quite that he was out maneuvered by Hillary. Its hard to get ahead of that family. She should be tried for treason, but she is the presumed Democratic candidate for President.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Possibly 12 million "Non-Republicans" voted in the Republican primaries.

Thoughts?
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
          Possibly 12 million "Non-Republicans" voted in the Republican primaries.

Thoughts?
          I feel like the author used a climate change computer model for his calculations.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
            Possibly 12 million "Non-Republicans" voted in the Republican primaries.

Thoughts?
            latest polling show a TREXIT (e.g. voters exiting trump support in a big way).

Comment

• George Will leaves the GOP.

"When asked in an interview later what message he had for GOP voters, Will suggested they resign themselves to not winning the presidency in November.

"Make sure he loses. Grit their teeth for four years and win the White House," he said."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                George Will leaves the GOP.

"When asked in an interview later what message he had for GOP voters, Will suggested they resign themselves to not winning the presidency in November.

"Make sure he loses. Grit their teeth for four years and win the White House," he said."
                I think George Will has the right idea. Republicans should make huge gains in the mid-terms with the Hill as president and then in 2020, we should be able to elect a real Republican President. I am beginning to believe that Trump isn't even mentally fit to be President. Let alone the fact that you have no idea what he really stands for and what he would really do. I believe he is really a life long liberal who will say anything now that he thinks Conservatives want to hear. Unfortunately for him, his liberalism comes seeping out now and then. All he really cares about is himself. And his personal anger just plain scares me. He is the last person I want in charge of our nuclear arsenal.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                  I think George Will has the right idea. Republicans should make huge gains in the mid-terms with the Hill as president and then in 2020, we should be able to elect a real Republican President. I am beginning to believe that Trump isn't even mentally fit to be President. Let alone the fact that you have no idea what he really stands for and what he would really do. I believe he is really a life long liberal who will say anything now that he thinks Conservatives want to hear. Unfortunately for him, his liberalism comes seeping out now and then. All he really cares about is himself. And his personal anger just plain scares me. He is the last person I want in charge of our nuclear arsenal.
                  I can live with this. Perhaps in 4 years the GOP can find a candidate who isn't a complete buffoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                    I can live with this. Perhaps in 4 years the GOP can find a candidate who isn't a complete buffoon.
                    No. The Democrats have figured out a formula for destroying Republicans before they ever get traction. There were quality candidates this election cycle, you wouldn't know it by the way they were vilified.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Rich.
                      Out of touch.
                      Religious fanatic.
                      Fox talking points.
                      No agenda.
                      No answers.
                      Divisive.
                      Racist.
                      Unqualified.
                      Dangerous.
                      Obstructionist.

Am I missing any boilerplate labels the Democrats use to label any Republican challenger? They do this over and over again. By the time a Republican ever begins to try and advance a platform, they have been labeled and cast aside.

It's just the way it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        No. The Democrats have figured out a formula for destroying Republicans before they ever get traction. There were quality candidates this election cycle, you wouldn't know it by the way they were vilified.
                        I have no doubt there were quality people to vote for, but the republican electorate chose who they chose, if there were better candidates, then the failure up to this point is on the GOP voters, not the Dems.

Comment

• I suspect that the Dems surely had some quality folks that they could have chosen also.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                            Rich.
                            Out of touch.
                            Religious fanatic.
                            Fox talking points.
                            No agenda.
                            No answers.
                            Divisive.
                            Racist.
                            Unqualified.
                            Dangerous.
                            Obstructionist.

Am I missing any boilerplate labels the Democrats use to label any Republican challenger? They do this over and over again. By the time a Republican ever begins to try and advance a platform, they have been labeled and cast aside.

It's just the way it is.
                            I think the Republican candidates this year suffered more from friendly fire, and even more from self-inflicted wounds.

The early choices were Jeb Bush and Donald Trump. When those two emerged, I started a thread (as a joke) asking who the Republicans would prefer. Trump was already a buffoon, and anyone named Bush is carrying more baggage than a redcap.

On a national level, Cruz couldn't get elected dog catcher. His Congressional theatrics might resonate well with the conservative branch of the Republican party, but that's not enough voters in national elections.

Trump went out campaigning by basically saying nothing, except what he concluded people wanted to hear. No substance, just philosophical statements that he said he would accomplish with ZERO substance to back up his claims or detail how he would accomplish what he was saying. He just said stuff. Then the Republican voters voted for that! Don't blame the Democrats for the Republican voters not voting intelligently in the primaries.

I'd wager that Trump's quote about the size of his "hands" will be on Saturday Night Live A LOT between now and November. I doubt anything the Dems did to label anyone did the damage that Trump self-inflicted by getting into an argument (during a nationally televised debate) about the relative sizes of the various candidates genitals. While there was still a woman in the race!

The Republican party may be in the early stages of becoming two parties. The conservative faction and the moderate faction aren't very fond of each other and have differing agendas. In States where the conservative faction have taken control of their governments, the track record isn't good. The Democrats are known as the "tax and spend" group. Conservative Republicans are becoming known as the "don't tax, but still spend any way" group. The will to cut taxes is strong. The will to cut spending doesn't exist.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Rubio as the nominee would have equaled Rubio in the White House.

His far right detractors due to the "Gang of 8" would have easily gotten on board once they remembered Hillary was the alternative.

Center-right folks would have supported him almost unanimously. Instead, many of these folks are #NeverTrump now.

A portion of moderate Dems unhappy with Hillary would have been willing to give Rubio a shot.

I'm convinced Rubio would have won easily and the House and Senate would have held red as well.

Grrrrrr

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                                Rubio as the nominee would have equaled Rubio in the White House.

His far right detractors due to the "Gang of 8" would have easily gotten on board once they remembered Hillary was the alternative.

Center-right folks would have supported him almost unanimously. Instead, many of these folks are #NeverTrump now.

A portion of moderate Dems unhappy with Hillary would have been willing to give Rubio a shot.

I'm convinced Rubio would have won easily and the House and Senate would have held red as well.

Grrrrrr
                                I think you're probably right. And even the moderate democrats that wouldn't have been willing to give Rubio a shot would be less motivated to go out and vote for the democratic nominee than they will be this November, due to Trump.

Comment

Working...
                                X