X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
    Let's put an end to "Tucker Carlson is a decent guy"

He's scum.

(and yes, media matters is scum as well, but their site is hosting the video. That's all)
    But every once in awhile, he's on point... :)

Breaking News, Latest News and Current News from FOXNews.com. Breaking news and video. Latest Current News: U.S., World, Entertainment, Health, Business, Technology, Politics, Sports.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

http://insider.foxnews.com/amp/article/57074
      She's so corrupt one almost wants to say fake news. Of course, with all the things Congress votes for themselves, maybe she is that rich. Either way though, she should be the poster child for everything wrong with politics.

Either she's become insanely wealthy off the backs of tax payers through being elected, or she's become insanely wealthy from ill gotten means at worst, and quid pro quo at best.

Comment

Wichitan won national contest, was disqualified for supporting Trump, she says... :(

"My launch party [and my brand] celebrates many things that Trump is against,” the celebrity went on to say, according to the screenshots. “And I just need you to know that I personally have a hard time with inviting anyone who would support such an anti-feminist, anti-homosexual/LGBT, anti-immigrant, and anti-climate change fascist such as Trump.”

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article162859068.html
        Handled in a classy manor by Gypsy Freeman, the artist in the middle of this. She absolutely hammers the point home when she said "It's definitely bigotry - It's everything they're calling us, they're doing. It's a huge case of hypocrisy."

Comment

http://insider.foxnews.com/amp/article/57074
          Let me get this straight.

Its OK to bring up that she's black living in a mostly white neighborhood? Why? How is that relevant here? That's the kind of cheap shot Tucker loves. That has nothing to do with how she got her money (his supposed topic). Bringing up race in that instance is needless, and the way he just leaves it hanging leaves plenty of opportunity to interpret he's implying things he shouldn't. He knows what he's doing, and he knows he can just sit back and claim "eh, I'm just listing facts". Bull.

Also, he directly mentions her husband is and/or was DIRECTOR OF A BANK, but he doesn't even try to speculate his salary. I'm guessing bank directors get paid rather well.

This whole thing is garbage. Limited info, hints and implications, "we aren't judging, just want answers". Yes, I think Maxine Waters is a corrupt moron of epic proportions, but this is NOT the way to go about making that case.

Comment

• The cyber bullying of Jeff Sessions is pretty weird to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Handled in a classy manor by Gypsy Freeman, the artist in the middle of this. She absolutely hammers the point home when she said "It's definitely bigotry - It's everything they're calling us, they're doing. It's a huge case of hypocrisy."
              I'm guessing that trait went a long way towards getting our current President elected... And a lot to do with making that shrilling MoonBat Waters so unlikable... No matter how much she cries racism.

Comment

• Debate on health care bill moves forward following a 50-50 vote with Pence tiebreaker. Murkowski and Collins were the Republicans who voted against.

Comprehensive health care plan then fails on a 43-57 vote. Now they'll argue and tinker with the remaining amendments and alternative proposals as those come to a vote over the next few days. The official time window for debate will expire late this week, and the process would then have to be reinitiated if another attempt is made.

I don't really get the battlefield plan here - is it "exert enough pressure and surely these guys will feel obligated to vote yes on one of these plans that nobody really likes"? It looks like a major re-write may be inevitable but the White House and Senate leadership are pulling out all the stops to try to avoid the delay that would entail.

Comment

• The Republicans who voted against last night's repeal and replace bill:

Susan Collins Me.
                  Bob Corker Tenn.
                  Tom Cotton Ark.
                  Lindsey Graham S.C.
                  Dean Heller Nev.
                  Mike Lee Utah
                  Jerry Moran Kan.
                  Lisa Murkowski Alaska
                  Rand Paul Ky.
                  That is a few more than I would have expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                    Debate on health care bill moves forward following a 50-50 vote with Pence tiebreaker. Murkowski and Collins were the Republicans who voted against.

Comprehensive health care plan then fails on a 43-57 vote. Now they'll argue and tinker with the remaining amendments and alternative proposals as those come to a vote over the next few days. The official time window for debate will expire late this week, and the process would then have to be reinitiated if another attempt is made.

I don't really get the battlefield plan here - is it "exert enough pressure and surely these guys will feel obligated to vote yes on one of these plans that nobody really likes"? It looks like a major re-write may be inevitable but the White House and Senate leadership are pulling out all the stops to try to avoid the delay that would entail.
                    Now this vote was Ted Cruz' amended comp. health care plan amiright?

I think the battle plan is survive the next elections and not allow the Dems to do another health care debacle like they did when they passed Obama care when the Dems and Pelosi controlled both houses of Congress. Let's face it. When the Dems are in power and also when they're not, they stick together better behind Pelosi better than Republicans.
                    Last edited by shockmonster; July 26, 2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Trump is not getting the Senate to rally behind him by attacking Sessions.

Trump sound bite from this morning: "I could be the most Presidential since the late great Abraham Lincoln". Narcissism at its' finest. During the campaign, apparently saying something enough times made it factual. That doesn't work so well after getting elected.

Trump's ego leads me to suspect he may put his self-interest ahead of the country's best interests.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        Trump's ego leads me to suspect he may put his self-interest ahead of the country's best interests.
                        I don't merely *suspect* that.

I *know* it to be true. It is so obvious that I question how any sane/honest person could disagree.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                          Now this vote was Ted Cruz' amended comp. health care plan amiright?
                          Same as the one that Mike Lee and Jerry Moran killed last week I believe.

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                          I think the battle plan is survive the next elections and not allow the Dems to do another health care debacle like they did when they passed Obama care when the Dems and Pelosi controlled both houses of Congress. Let's face it. When the Dems are in power and also when they're not, they stick together better behind Pelosi better than Republicans.
                          It is hard to ask a party that still has some conservatives left to honor the White House's request to unify behind a liberal (just less liberal than the current implementation) plan that does little to address the system's underlying problems.

Comment

• Health care is starting to look less and less like health care reform and more like an attempt to find a politically palatable way to cut 23 million people off from their health care so the nation can afford to give a huge tax cut to...Donald Trump. Of course the tax breaks will also include a lot of his friends and cabinet members, along with other incredibly wealthy people.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Health care is starting to look less and less like health care reform and more like an attempt to find a politically palatable way to cut 23 million people off from their health care so the nation can afford to give a huge tax cut to...Donald Trump. Of course the tax breaks will also include a lot of his friends and cabinet members, along with other incredibly wealthy people.
                              It's a stinker for sure.

This is shaping up to be a nightmare scenario for the looming budget showdown. Without the spending decrease projected by a new health care plan, the tax cuts and infrastructure bill will have to be built into the budget such that the debt ceiling increase is absolutely enormous (even by recent standards under Obama and GWB). Republicans will want this to be as close to revenue neutral as possible across those three concepts or they will lose the power to approve the final versions through reconciliation.

The health care bill is the building block for the administration's ability to spend a **** ton of money on public-private partnerships for infrastructure and implement tax cuts, but they chose a really, really shitty building block and don't feel like they have time to fix it beyond minor tweaks.

Comment

Health care is starting to look less and less like health care reform and more like an attempt to find a politically palatable way to cut 23 million people off from their health care so the nation can afford to give a huge tax cut to...Donald Trump. Of course the tax breaks will also include a lot of his friends and cabinet members, along with other incredibly wealthy people.
                                Shocking that people that actually pay taxes will be the ones to get cuts.....how does that work? This is personal as well, and we all think what happened to you and your family sucks, because it does, but you're still taking it personally. The 23 million number doesn't pass muster, AND besides, the vast majority of whatever the number is will CHOOSE to not have health care. It's hardly taking it away. You should stop listening to lib talking points.

Comment

Working...
                                X