No announcement yet.

Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democracy has not failed the people, the people have failed democracy. This countries messengers; educators, journalists, and entertainers have over-whelmingly bought into post-modernism and have undermined the ethic. Now, whatever they say is unethical is, by the definition of post-modernism, unethical. A free society requires a universal ethic. Bring back a universal ethic and we will see an ethical president.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post

Just saying "let's move on" means that he will never ​be held accountable.
      Completely false. I don't even know I'm addressing this, it's just so ridiculous. Do you really believe this? Currently, Donald Trump is being held accountable for everything. He will continue to he held accountable for everything. From policy decisions, to what he wears. What he says, what he tweets, his executive orders, to bills moved through Congress, or any that fail. Any actions legal or otherwise have been scrutinized and will continue to be scrutinized. As they should. This won't change regardless of people moving on from the election.

You don't believe what you typed, you can't, it's just that nonsensical.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
        Hillary wasn't elected, so what she did doesnt matter. That said, had Hillary been elected, everyone screaming about Russia would have nothing to say about Hillary and the Ukraine. No media would be digging, it would be over. There in lies why I'm sick of this, this is nothing new, it's not unique to Trump. Democrats have done the same, every election.
        It would be over? Are you kidding?

You must think Trump is a gracious loser. The Republican Congress would be holding investigations, inquiries, inquisitons, and any other thing they could think of to destroy her Presidency. Trump would be in the media non-stop with anything and everything he could think of to try to convince the public that she had cheated - and he actually won the election, but "Crooked Hillary" had illegal voters,voting for her, foreign governments meddling in the campaign.

ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, all the MSM would be covering Trump's accusations and the Congressional inquiries. By now McConnell would have called on the Republican Congress to make sure none of her policies got enacted, and her Supreme Court nominations would never get approved.

Oh, whlle I'm posting, there's something about the Russia deal that makes it different than other times when foreign governments "may" have been involved in US politics. It's like Fight Club. The first rule of Fight Club is that you never talk about Fight Club. The first rule of using foreign governments to help your election is that you don't talk about using foreign governments help you with your election.

Trump publicly and openly asked Russia to help him win the election. Call it just another "campaign speech" if you want, but the moment he said those words, the genie was out of the bottle. There are a lpot of things done with a wink and a nod, that are never spoken because no one could ever do them if anyone ever admitted doing it. Trump made it so that the involvement of foreign governments in American elections is now out in the open, and it's a great news story. The media and the public are dying for great news stories.

If Trump had any control over his mouth or his twitter account, there would be fewer great stories the media and the public want.

The "everybody does it" excuse doesn't work well when you are the one who got caught "doing it". If you get a speeding ticket, the fact that you were driving no faster than a lot of other drivers drive will not convince the judge to just let you walk out without a fine.
        Last edited by Aargh; July 16, 2017, 02:53 PM.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          It would be over? Are you kidding?

You must think Trump is a gracious loser. The Republican Congress would be holding investigations, inquiries, inquisitons, and any other thing they could think of to destroy her Presidency. Trump would be in the media non-stop with anything and everything he could think of to try to convince the public that she had cheated - and he actually won the election, but "Crooked Hillary" had illegal voters,voting for her, foreign governments meddling in the campaign.

ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, all the MSM would be covering Trump's accusations and the Congressional inquiries. By now McConnell would have called on the Republican Congress to make sure none of her policies got enacted, and her Supreme Court nominations would never get approved.

Oh, whlle I'm posting, there's something about the Russia deal that makes it different than other times when foreign governments "may" have been involved in US politics. It's like Fight Club. The first rule of Fight Club is that you never talk about Fight Club. The first rule of using foreign governments to help your election is that you don't talk about using foreign governments help you with your election.

Trump publicly and openly asked Russia to help him win the election. Call it just another "campaign speech" if you want, but the moment he said those words, the genie was out of the bottle. There are a lpot of things done with a wink and a nod, that are never spoken because no one could ever do them if anyone ever admitted doing it. Trump made it so that the involvement of foreign governments in American elections is now out in the open, and it's a great news story. The media and the public are dying for great news stories.

If Trump had any control over his mouth or his twitter account, there would be fewer great stories the media and the public want.

The "everybody does it" excuse doesn't work well when you are the one who got caught "doing it". If you get a speeding ticket, the fact that you were driving no faster than a lot of other drivers drive will not convince the judge to just let you walk out without a fine.
          Of course Trump would be upset. Of course he would be protesting, he's a media whore. But you are a little off on the rest. The MSM would only be covering the "lunacy" of Donald Trump and his baseless claims. That's a lot different than the angle currently being presented. There would have been next to zero protests, no vagina costumes, no pink poosay hats, no broken Starbucks windows, nothing.

As far as the Republicans, maybe a cursory effort. At best. You must remember several things, Trump was expected to lose, Washington was prepared for Trump to lose and most importantly, establishment Republicans don't like Trump. Not enough to risk their futures by grandstanding over a failed Presidential bid that they weren't excited about and they had already privately conceded.

It wouldn't have been the same. Not even close.
          Last edited by MoValley John; July 16, 2017, 03:10 PM.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Of course Trump would be upset. Of course he would be protesting, he's a media whore.
            Media whore, yes, but there's no money in protesting. He'd quickly forget about Hillary and line up a new, exclusive, on HSN only, line of "Trump Encyclopedias" -- complete with in depth 2016 coverage including insider tips and tricks about how to run for President! And for a limited time only get set of Ginsu knives. All this can be yours for only $19.95 if you act now!
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Media whore, yes, but there's no money in protesting. He'd quickly forget about Hillary and line up a new, exclusive, on HSN only, line of "Trump Encyclopedias" -- complete with in depth 2016 coverage including insider tips and tricks about how to run for President! And for a limited time only get set of Ginsu knives. All this can be yours for only $19.95 if you act now!
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                I believe in holding politicians accountable through the vote of the people. Why doesn't democracy work?
                You can't imagine a scenario so problematic that a person should be removed prior to their original term? To reverse your question, why don't my proposals work?

Comment

Completely false. I don't even know I'm addressing this, it's just so ridiculous. Do you really believe this? Currently, Donald Trump is being held accountable for everything. He will continue to he held accountable for everything. From policy decisions, to what he wears. What he says, what he tweets, his executive orders, to bills moved through Congress, or any that fail. Any actions legal or otherwise have been scrutinized and will continue to be scrutinized. As they should. This won't change regardless of people moving on from the election.

You don't believe what you typed, you can't, it's just that nonsensical.
                  You and I disagree on whether Trump has been "held accountable" to date.

I want to keep focusing on Russia because he has yet to be held accountable. Kushner still has security clearance. His kids are still involved in politics despite the number of promises we were told that they'd focus on the business only. He still Tweets ludicrous things daily ("nearly 40% approval rating at this point is actually pretty good!).

If the media writing articles about his wrongdoing is "being held accountable," then yeah, you're right. If being held accountable means that something actually happens, then no.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                    I'm not defending Trump. I abhor a lot of things he does. It's amazing how ethical you have become after O'bama left office. I never heard you holding Obama accountable for his indiscretions and lying.

The media forgot to cover these scandals (Fox News did more than the other main stream media combined). There was a lot not brought to light during BHO's Presidency that he ignored (you ignored too). While I do not support Trump for his stupidity, I do hope that our congress and President can pass some economic legislation, and immigration reform. However, I don't see it happening here either. That's too bad for America.

Below, is some reading on the scandals that you ignored during the past 8 years.

http://dailysignal.com/2016/10/24/9-...ajor-scandals/
                    I considered doing a response to each scandal, but it's just not worth it.

Here's the simplest, lowest common denominator: Obama denied involvement and/or wrongdoing in every "scandal" that occurred during his presidency. Even if they were at the level of taking assistance from a foreign government (and they weren't), he still denied involvement and/or wrongdoing. That might seem like kind of a silly thing to hang your hat on, but it allows supporters to say "yeah, innocent until proven guilty." And he was never proven guilty.

Trump Jr tweeted out the emails thinking they'd exonerate him. He admits involvement. He admits what happened. There's no ability to just say "yeah, the Trump administration wasn't really involved in that scandal."

Comment

You and I disagree on whether Trump has been "held accountable" to date.

I want to keep focusing on Russia because he has yet to be held accountable. Kushner still has security clearance. His kids are still involved in politics despite the number of promises we were told that they'd focus on the business only. He still Tweets ludicrous things daily ("nearly 40% approval rating at this point is actually pretty good!).

If the media writing articles about his wrongdoing is "being held accountable," then yeah, you're right. If being held accountable means that something actually happens, then no.
                      So, how do we hold Hillary accountable for the Ukraine? Prison? What? We need consistency. I don't think we do anything with her.

The fair thing to do is aknowledge that politicians throughout US bistory HAVE BENEFITEDfrom foreign interference in the past and we will not accept it in the future. Backpeddling and suddenly being outraged over this when you never have before, simply because your candidate lost, stinks. And your candidate did solicit help from foreign governments, just like candidates before her, including her husband. But no, you don't want them prosecuted.

Hypocrits.

Comment

• I'm going to start feigning outrage over Hillary and the Ukraine. I think I'll begin by wearing a penis costume out in public. Who's with me?!!!

Comment

• For a country that has law after law after law for how private citizens need to conduct themselves and their business, Congress and the President have VERY few laws regarding their behavior. I have no problem focusing an investigation on what foreign governments did to impact the election, and what we can do to prevent it going forward, but that's not what's going on here. This is a witch hunt to try to bring Trump down. Both parties likely benefited from outside assistance so let's stop the finger pointing and fix the problem.

Democrats and the media won't do that because it means they have to quit targeting Trump. For everything Trump did, the Clinton campaign probably did 5 times worse. Clinton spent 10 times the money and had a team with much more political savvy. The Trump team wasn't even smart enough to cover their tracks on this meeting or send a "political operative" which is what Clinton would have done. That is what I think of when I hear "move on". Do what is right for the country, not your party.

Comment

So, how do we hold Hillary accountable for the Ukraine? Prison? What? We need consistency. I don't think we do anything with her.

The fair thing to do is aknowledge that politicians throughout US bistory HAVE BENEFITEDfrom foreign interference in the past and we will not accept it in the future. Backpeddling and suddenly being outraged over this when you never have before, simply because your candidate lost, stinks. And your candidate did solicit help from foreign governments, just like candidates before her, including her husband. But no, you don't want them prosecuted.

Hypocrits.
                            If it's illegal, that's a fine way to hold her accountable. Otherwise, we don't really have any options since she's not in office.

We can't possibly take the stance that "we will not accept it in the future" if Trump refuses to acknowledge that it happened and people just say "let's move on and not let it happen again." GOP members should refuse to work with Trump on any new policies until he makes certain changes.

If there's zero punishment for a person who works with foreign governments to get elected, how can we possibly either (1) take the stance that we won't accept it in the future or (2) actually prevent it in the future?

Comment

Here's the simplest, lowest common denominator: Obama denied involvement and/or wrongdoing in every "scandal" that occurred during his presidency. Even if they were at the level of taking assistance from a foreign government (and they weren't), he still denied involvement and/or wrongdoing. That might seem like kind of a silly thing to hang your hat on, but it allows supporters to say "yeah, innocent until proven guilty." And he was never proven guilty.
                              And the media quickly moved on when Obama denied involvement and/or wrongdoing even if there was smoke and sparks. President Trump has also denied wrongdoing, so when is the media going to drop the false accusations? Obviously the Trump Jr e-mail gives them another month of claiming wrongdoing, but they have gone from trying to get the electoral college to change their votes, to recounts, to this. The e-mail, while I will admit causes some concern, shows no evidence of collusion.

Comment

I'm going to start feigning outrage over Hillary and the Ukraine. I think I'll begin by wearing a penis costume out in public. Who's with me?!!!

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X