Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Results showed somewhere between 7.9% to 14.7% of non-citizens voted in the 2008 presidential election.

Conclusions from the study
    If accurate, which it seems, it would be not much of a surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
      Compared to Trump he was nice. He gave the appearance of looking out for all people, not just the wealthy. He championed those down on their luck.

Are you saying your definition of nice includes looking out only for the wealthy and stepping on the downtrodden? Just wanting to know whether you're a Christian or a heathen.

Trump is looking out only for the wealthy, at least he could make it look like he has a little humility. He doesn't even try to do that.
      I don't think Trump is nice. I certainly don't think he or Obama had any humility.

Comment

• Presidents (and most politicians, really), have their public and private personas. Rarely do we get a glimpse of the one where would we could glean if they are nice or not. A few hot mic moments, maybe.

I suspect Reagan and GWB were/are generally nice guys. I suspect GHWB, WJC, BHO or DJT are not. And I've heard Carter was awful to his SS detail even though he comes off as a nice guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Presidents (and most politicians, really), have their public and private personas. Rarely do we get a glimpse of the one where would we could glean if they are nice or not. A few hot mic moments, maybe.

I suspect Reagan and GWB were/are generally nice guys. I suspect GHWB, WJC, BHO or DJT are not. And I've heard Carter was awful to his SS detail even though he comes off as a nice guy.
          Actually, most of the stories on PGHWB are good. He didn't slam Clinton before him ( even though Clinton employees sabotaged the computers during their transition), and demanded his employees be respectful of BO when transitioning to his staff. Also most reports are that he treated his staff well even though he had high expectations regarding their work. Some of his bad reports include his marijuana/drug use when he was younger.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            Actually, most of the stories on PGHWB are good. He didn't slam Clinton before him ( even though Clinton employees sabotaged the computers during their transition), and demanded his employees be respectful of BO when transitioning to his staff. Also most reports are that he treated his staff well even though he had high expectations regarding their work. Some of his bad reports include his marijuana/drug use when he was younger.
            I think you're talking about GWB, not GHWB.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
              If accurate, which it seems, it would be not much of a surprise.
              Pointy-headed propaganda.

Pure rubbish.

Do you believe in little green men, too?

ALIEN communities have been established here on EARTH, and they are thriving, according to a story circulating among UFO conspiracists.

Seems like you can find facts to back up any kind of conspiracy theory on the internet these days. From illegal aliens voting to aliens living on earth.

I wonder if they voted, too?

Comment

• So here's what 'Don Quixote' a.k.a. Chris Kobach, does in his spare time:
                "Kobach has litigated several lawsuits defending cities and states that adopt laws to discourage illegal immigration. He served as lead lawyer defending the city of Valley Park, Missouri in a federal case concerning an ordinance that requires businesses to use a federal worker verification program known as E-Verify in order to maintain a business license. The ordinance was upheld by Missouri federal judge E. Richard Webber on January 31, 2008 (Gray v. Valley Park, 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 7238).[23][31]

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), representing the plaintiff, appealed the case to the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. Kobach prevailed on appeal, and the Court allowed the Valley Park ordinance to stand (Gray v. Valley Park, 567 F.3d 976 (8th Cir. 2009)), saying that the ordinance “addresses the employment of illegal aliens, not Hispanics.”[32] Kobach is the lead attorney defending the city of Hazleton, Pennsylvania, whose ordinances prohibiting employing and renting to illegal immigrants had been struck down by a federal judge in Pennsylvania and again before the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.[33]

In June 2011, the U.S. Supreme Court vacated the Third Circuit's decision and remitted the case back to the Third Circuit for reconsideration. Sup. Ct. No 10-722. In July 2013, the Third Circuit concluded again that both the employment and housing provisions of the Hazleton ordinances are pre-empted by federal immigration law.[34] He was involved with another lawsuit, involving a Farmers Branch, Texas ordinance preventing landlords from renting to illegal immigrants.[23] That case is on appeal before the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. It was originally heard by a three judge panel, then the Fifth Circuit granted rehearing en banc before the entire Court. Case No. 10-10751.[citation needed]"

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris_Kobach

By the way, the Farmer's Branch ordinance legal challenge is now dead. It cost them (Farmer's Branch) $7 million dollars in fines and legal fees:

So, are you guys fiscal conservatives until it comes to a frivolous cause you guys like? Then it's OK for a city that's roughly the size of Derby to piss $7 million away?

Please explain this one to me.

Comment

• Please pardon my skepticism about Mr. Kobach, but I put him in a class with Brownback. And Trump's a moron for giving him a platform and a megaphone. He's a loser.

Comment

• It doesn't take a genius to have the common sense to realize that in the state of California ( just one example), they give drivers lisences to illegals because they want them to drive. If they only require a picture ID to vote, they could have a blare illegal voting problem.

Comment

• I know a little about this one, and I'm going to have a little fun.

Show me where Cali gives DL's to illegals. I don't think they knowingly do that, but I'll bite.

Comment

• I just checked and sure enough, you are correct, shockmonster. My experience with a situation where I knew someone who was not legal at the time and lived in Cali was that they absolutely could not get a dl, but it looks like it changed in 2016.

By the way, that person is now legal. They have their green card.

That notwithstanding, this is a special license. I will need to confirm whether you can use this doc to register. I don't think you can.

By the way, the biggest issue regards voter issues is voters registered in two locations. Surprisingly, most of those folks are republicans, including Ann Coulter (several years ago), Jared Kushner (in the last election).

Comment

• The same 2016 change (AB-60) also automatically registers you to vote when you renew your DL. Over 800,000 illegals were registered to vote using this process prior to the 2016 Presidential election.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                            The same 2016 change (AB-60) also automatically registers you to vote when you renew your DL. Over 800,000 illegals were registered to vote using this process prior to the 2016 Presidential election.
                            And once a person has an ID with a picture and moves to another state, unless that state requires more ID such as a birth certificate, the ID can be used to get new IDs in their new state and be able to vote there.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post

By the way, the biggest issue regards voter issues is voters registered in two locations. Surprisingly, most of those folks are republicans, including Ann Coulter (several years ago), Jared Kushner (in the last election).
                              How the hell do you quantify that "most of these folks are republicans" ??? Not possible to quantify.

The vast majority of the MILLIONS of people revistered in multiple locations is the result of them moving to a different state. There is no malice on the part of the people, the states simply aren't following through on purging their data.

It is the responsibility of the state, not the person, and lastly, for what I stated above, it is not illegal to be registered in more than one state, it is simply illegal to vote in two locations, did Ann Coulter do that?
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Massive Fake News spouted by Time and the Washington Post yesterday regarding handshake dis by the FLOP. I think we all expect that kind of crap from Huff Po, Mother Jones on the left and equally annoying ones on the right, but I don't think anyone expects that from Time and the Washington Post who took to Twitter to try and embarrass the President.

The President's speech in Poland was perhaps his best speech to date. Look, I'm no big fan of many of his antics (and I have a slightly different opinion of some of the things "he's" doing) but I think he's starting to win, with some people in the middle and in a backlash to the constant attacks. We'll see over the next few months.

I wonder if they ever put another POTUS one off the corner in an international group photo like yesterday. Some of these half leaders are in for a rough ride, because this guy is going to fight, and I'll take him to win over climate change whining Euro trash.

Comment

Working...
                                X