Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    My point is, he knew when he was being ordered to do something and complied. When Trump said that he hoped, Comey recognized that it was not an order.
    I know you're intent on buying into your own narrative, I believe it is a false narrative. What is your corporate/business background?
    In my experience, of my manager said they 'hoped' I did something, I took it just like Comey did. I have to interface with executive management. Some of them are very indirect. A friends of mine ran an IT department for a large (traded on the NYSE) insurance company. At the end of his career, his manager told him to do something, then remarked 'he hoped he would be on the team'. That was corporate-speak for do it or else.

Of course he complied. In your world you might have asked him 'what team'? You would have lost your job. This guy was scared, but he complied and survived and retired a couple of years later.

Comment

• If he thought it was an order he would have/should have reported it. It's the law. I just don't buy it.

Comment

If he thought it was an order he would have/should have reported it. It's the law. I just don't buy it.
        And perhaps your life experiences are different from me. I'm just saying in large beauracracies, corporate and government, execs are often very subtle and a refusal of a subtle order will cook your goose just as surely as disobeying a direct order.

That's why I asked the question regards your background. My question had little to do with whether you were prosperous and successful, but more to do with how very political people can and do behave.

Note I prefer people communicate in a more direct manner. People understand directness much easier, as it is more transparent.

Comment

• Yeah, I spent about 15 years, salaried, working for a corporation. If Trump skates on this, I presume Comey goes to prison for the two felonies.

Comment

Yeah, I spent about 15 years, salaried, working for a corporation. If Trump skates on this, I presume Comey goes to prison for the two felonies.
            It will certainly be ineresting to see this play out. But as you can probably tell, I believe Comey. Not only because what he says makes sense to me, but also because Trump seems to be a pathological liar, as I've seen him lie about things (like the size of his crowd during his inauguration) that was not worth the time to fib about.

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
              Also, the fact that trump and overall most trump supporters aren't furious that Russia infiltrated our election shows how they don't care about the state of our democratic process. It's disgusting and unamerican to not care
              We don't know what happened. We do know that we do it, they do it, and as far as I can tell, nobody has tried to do anything about it.

Comment

Lol it was unclassified material and privileged communication goes out the door once trump discussed their talks.
                If he thought it was obstruction at the time, it is a felony to not report it immediately. It was privileged when he leaked it.

Comment

It's disgusting and unamerican to not care
                  it's disgusting and un-American not to support the President of the USA

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                    It will certainly be ineresting to see this play out. But as you can probably tell, I believe Comey. Not only because what he says makes sense to me, but also because Trump seems to be a pathological liar, as I've seen him lie about things (like the size of his crowd during his inauguration) that was not worth the time to fib about.
                    I place zero faith in Comey's diary. Really? And nobody should place much faith in a disgruntled ex-employee.

Comment

Not supporting this particular president can be viewed as quite patriotic.

Comment

If he thought it was obstruction at the time, it is a felony to not report it immediately. It was privileged when he leaked it.
                        Show me. I don't think you can, but I'm willing to give you a chance.
                        1) That this was privileged information
                        2) Under what statute is this a felony.

And please don't give us something sourced from Breitbart, Fox, et al.

Comment

I bet you were one of those 'love it or leave it' types and also one of those 'Nixon didn't commit a crime' deadenders.

I believe the office of the president deserves respect. However, this president has besmirched the office by ignoring many of the traditions which made it natural for the office to gain respect. In other words, he has disrespected the office. So why should we respect someone who defiles a respectible position? Would you respect that doc in Kansas City who was adulterating the chemo drugs (and got sent to prison)? After all, isn't everyone in society supposed to respect doctors? (NOTE: this statement illiustrates the lack of logic in your thoughts, I'm just saying).

Comment

• Difficult to disagree with "Love it or leave it." Nixon's crimes pale in comparison to those of Clinton, Bush, or Obama. But he committed crimes, no question.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                              Show me. I don't think you can, but I'm willing to give you a chance.
                              1) That this was privileged information
                              2) Under what statute is this a felony.

And please don't give us something sourced from Breitbart, Fox, et al.
                              Breaking News, Latest News and Current News from FOXNews.com. Breaking news and video. Latest Current News: U.S., World, Entertainment, Health, Business, Technology, Politics, Sports.

Comment

• ROFLMFAO, I guess reading with comprehension isn't your strong point. If you don't get that last comment, please go back and read the last sentence of my post.

Just goes to show, you have absolutely no proof to back up your outlandish claim except 'fake news'.

By the way, and in addition, Louie Gohmert is about as looney as it gets.

Comment

Working...
                                X