Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post

Your young yet.
    I'm not young. I'm mid-life, man. And I worked HARD for that hundy!!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

that's what a Democrat would say
      ​​​​​​I didn't say I agreed or disagreed with the policy. As someone who owns stocks, you had me completely worried until I was able to find the details of the proposed policy.
      Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I'm not sure about this. But don't investment firms, like most people use for their retirement accounts, company 401's, purchase stocks in bulk and divide out the dividends to individuals based on each individuals investment?
        If so, just about everyone would be affected.
        Someone let me know if my perception is correct or not.
        Some funds do work similar to this. Berkshire Hathaway being one of the largest, although they don't pay dividends. I don't know if businesses are exempt. Good question though.
        Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post

Some funds do work similar to this. Berkshire Hathaway being one of the largest, although they don't pay dividends. I don't know if businesses are exempt. Good question though.
          I guess we'll just have to pass it to see what's in it.....

Comment

• Trump now leading in the betting odds race. Let's see what happens to the stock market while this remains true ...

image.png
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I don't think this convention is having the effect they (Dems & media) think it's having.

Once Kamala actually talks, it will be a net negative. She is not popular. And her voice is offputting. Along with her awful governing.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

Comment

• If the Dems were really serious about "punishing" the rich, they'd start with themselves.

If ever there were something that should be taxed at 99%, or on unrealized gains, it's every single dollar of wealth that a government official, especially a politician, has gained while in or after holding office.

Attending parties at 10K a plate? I've been to parties, and occasionally I've been fun to be around, even gregarious. Never been paid. How about 6 or 7 figures to talk to a group? Or put your name to a book that someone else writes? At least the latter is kind of producing something. It's nothing more than influence pedaling and THAT'S where we need to start taxing the living **** out of it, even before it happens.

You leave office? How about a million dollar tax retainer fee before you're allowed to cash a scratcher lottery ticket? Start there, and I'll listen to some other ideas.

Otherwise, help yourself and get a few booster vacs for TDS, it appears in full bloom these days.

Comment

• The median household income is about 75K. If a politician pushes equity, they should give up anything above that 75K to those less fortunate. Make it a law for politicians who preach equity. That will stop their scam.

Comment

• Ben Shapiro @benshapiro

Michelle and Barack and Bernie all showed up to rip into wealth – as extraordinarily wealthy people who made their money after mooching off a taxpayer-funded salary for years. Meanwhile, Doug “I Banged The Nanny” Emhoff showed up to talk Jewishness and romance. So yeah, it sucked.​

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                            The median household income is about 75K. If a politician pushes equity, they should give up anything above that 75K to those less fortunate. Make it a law for politicians who preach equity. That will stop their scam.
                            It is quite aggravating that they always tout 'needs', without giving a definition on what that figure in the sky is. But any definition they choose, I think everyone can agree that they have more than their 'fair share'. So once they all start whittling their share down to that magical equity number, I might start thinking about it as well.

Same thing goes for lowering our standard of living in pursuit of saving the planet.

Do what ya'll can first in curbing your lifestyles, then, maybe I'll think about it.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              Trump now leading in the betting odds race. Let's see what happens to the stock market while this remains true ...

image.png

We're off to a very impressive start. I'd like to thank Mr. Trump personally for whatever contribution he made to my gains today. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                If the Dems were really serious about "punishing" the rich, they'd start with themselves.

If ever there were something that should be taxed at 99%, or on unrealized gains, it's every single dollar of wealth that a government official, especially a politician, has gained while in or after holding office.

Attending parties at 10K a plate? I've been to parties, and occasionally I've been fun to be around, even gregarious. Never been paid. How about 6 or 7 figures to talk to a group? Or put your name to a book that someone else writes? At least the latter is kind of producing something. It's nothing more than influence pedaling and THAT'S where we need to start taxing the living **** out of it, even before it happens.

You leave office? How about a million dollar tax retainer fee before you're allowed to cash a scratcher lottery ticket? Start there, and I'll listen to some other ideas.

Otherwise, help yourself and get a few booster vacs for TDS, it appears in full bloom these days.
                                Do you not think a politician deserves to earn a decent living? Should only the rich be able to afford to hold down a political job?

I think important jobs should come with important salaries. We want to attract the best and the brightest. That will lead to the best outcomes. Pelosi insider trading scams notwithstanding.

Comment

Working...
                                X