2024 Presidential Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    Love him or hate him, but he definitely makes things interesting…

I saw an article yesterday saying they boo'd Trump in sc. This explains it. You can't trust a damn thing the media says anymore.

Comment

• The whole thing (and it shouldn't even be a "thing") is ridiculous but it's the fantasy world we live in today.

Common sense says Trump was cheered wildly at the game. But there are 80K plus in the stands. It's silly to think that even in that environment there aren't going to be some Dems and those goofballs with TDS.

Were there some people booing? Yes. They seemed to be mostly from the Clemson band if you ask me (probably students in general). Was it anywhere near 50-50? Give me a break. Probably 75-25 at least cheering for Trump. Any reasonable comment would be something like "Trump greeted by a boisterous and supportive crowd at Brice Williams Stadium".

Only someone/media with an agenda would have "Trump Booed" as the lead. It's beyond a stretch, but it's the media today.

Comment

• Comment

• The Guy Who Can’t Win v. the Guy Who Will Lose

Based on the current polls, we may very well have an immovable object meets an irresistible force scenario, except here it is two aging, past-their-prime retreads who, in any normal time, would have retired to enjoy the remaining sands of the hourglass but have decided to instead run again for president. Both have fatal flaws. Under the old rules, we knew the election outcome without a doubt. Trump can’t possibly win, and Biden is certain to lose.

Let’s examine why Trump can’t win. Here’s the big reason: About 53% of American voters hate him. They shouldn’t, not only because he was a generally good president but because you are not voting for Chief Pal but Chief Executive. I think his nicknaming is embarrassingly stupid, and I am bored by his social media rants, but neither matter.

A lot of people think, correctly, that Biden is a doddering moron, but Trump offends them to the core of their being. Being aesthetically offended by a politician is as silly as being devoted to one – your relationship with a politician should be entirely transactional – but it is also a fact that some people are. A lot of people hate Trump and will never vote for him.

Let’s examine why Biden must lose. First, he’s a terrible president. The economy sucks. The border sucks. We’re on the verge of new wars Trump would never have let happen. People are sick of him. He’s as popular as toe fungus on Valentine’s Day at Quentin Tarantino’s condo.

And next year is not going to get better for Biden. The economy will get worse. The border will get worse. Some Third World potentates will doubtlessly pull some shenanigans, and the smart money right now is to go short on Taiwan. His loathsome scuzzbag son might actually get indicted for an actual crime. Of course, Biden will be facing an RNC led by Ronna McDaniel, so he’s got that going for him, which is nice.

The voters’ impressions of Trump and Biden are seared into their consciousness. Those are not going to change. They are fixed, and for the majority, they are distinctly negative. That’s the problem. Neither candidate can win, and both are inevitably going to lose.

Comment

• The best presidential slogan would be, "If you hate your relationship with your politician, then I will be your divorce lawyer in government. And ensure that your politician will not get half anymore!"
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Golfing today with a good friend who has Trump Derangement Syndrome. At one point he yelled at me "Gasoline has never been any cheaper than it is right now!"

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                Golfing today with a good friend who has Trump Derangement Syndrome. At one point he yelled at me "Gasoline has never been any cheaper than it is right now!"
                Must have been a 2 year old then. Hope you beat him.

Never indicates forever in the past. I paid 19 cents a gallon in the early 70s during a gas war.

Last edited by Atxshoxfan; December 7, 2023, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• $2.28 Dec 2020..........over $3.00 by May 2021
                  currently $3.41
                  Last edited by Atxshoxfan; December 7, 2023, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Never indicates forever in the past. I paid 19 cents a gallon in the early 70s during a gas war.
                    I remember those long ago, and long gone days.,

Comment

• I think I had said something like, "yeah I know, but I liked Peace on Earth and $2.00 gas............."

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Golfing today with a good friend who has Trump Derangement Syndrome. At one point he yelled at me "Gasoline has never been any cheaper than it is right now!"
                        He sounds like the kind of guy who throws clubs and says he got a 5 after 2 mulligans, a foot wedge and taking a 7 foot 'gimme'.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• New Indictment Slaps Some Big Charges on Hunter - Does Someone Want Joe Biden Out of the Race?

After years of virtually no action taken in regard to any of the alleged charges against Hunter Biden, with the recent gun charges in Delaware and now new significant tax charges that just dropped on Thursday in California, Joe Biden's son is facing some serious problems.

The new indictment involves nine counts — three felonies and six misdemeanors.

According to the latest indictment, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, the younger Biden engaged in a four-year scheme to not pay at least $1.4 million in federal taxes between 2016 and 2019 and to "evade the assessment of taxes for tax year 2018 when he filed false returns in or about February 2020. In furtherance of that scheme."

What's even worse for Biden? The investigations are ongoing. So this may not be the end, even now.

Is someone trying to make Joe Biden step down now because they're concerned he can't win?

Biden doesn't think he has a problem. He doesn't like to be challenged, and Jill seems to like the spotlight. So they haven't been willing to step aside, even if people have been suggesting it.

It is interesting timing, given that these charges could have been brought long ago. But now they are coming at a time when Joe Biden is clearly in trouble in the polls, with him losing people from demographics he needs to hold onto to win, with more calls from people like David Axelrod for him to step aside, and more and more polls that show former President Donald Trump — the leading GOP candidate — beating Biden, including in most of the swing states. All of that has to be making the powers that be tear their hair out and wondering what they can to to better the odds.

May or may not be something to this, but I have thought for well over a year now that Biden would not be his party's nominee in 2024.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Of course today the federal gas tax alone is almost .19 per gallon (18.4 to be accurate) plus another 24.03 in Kansas (diesel is even more). Expect that to increase soon. I don't believe 18.4 has changed since the early 90s and is not tied to inflation....no doubt politicians are foaming at the mouth to increase that while telling us how much cheaper it is.

And be happy where you live...we always hear about the gas prices in California but Pennsylvania is no picnic either. Both states total tax is over .75 per gallon if I remember correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Of course today the federal gas tax alone is almost .19 per gallon (18.4 to be accurate) plus another 24.03 in Kansas (diesel is even more). Expect that to increase soon. I don't believe 18.4 has changed since the early 90s and is not tied to inflation....no doubt politicians are foaming at the mouth to increase that while telling us how much cheaper it is.

And be happy where you live...we always hear about the gas prices in California but Pennsylvania is no picnic either. Both states total tax is over .75 per gallon if I remember correctly.
                              I recently drove to PA. Gas in PA was higher than Illinois, which I found surprising. It was way over $3.50 if I recall. Gas in KC was about 2.75 at the time. About 3 weeks ago. Usually Illinois is the highest. It was a bit lower than PA.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                New Indictment Slaps Some Big Charges on Hunter - Does Someone Want Joe Biden Out of the Race?

After years of virtually no action taken in regard to any of the alleged charges against Hunter Biden, with the recent gun charges in Delaware and now new significant tax charges that just dropped on Thursday in California, Joe Biden's son is facing some serious problems.

The new indictment involves nine counts — three felonies and six misdemeanors.

According to the latest indictment, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, the younger Biden engaged in a four-year scheme to not pay at least $1.4 million in federal taxes between 2016 and 2019 and to "evade the assessment of taxes for tax year 2018 when he filed false returns in or about February 2020. In furtherance of that scheme."

What's even worse for Biden? The investigations are ongoing. So this may not be the end, even now.

Is someone trying to make Joe Biden step down now because they're concerned he can't win?

Biden doesn't think he has a problem. He doesn't like to be challenged, and Jill seems to like the spotlight. So they haven't been willing to step aside, even if people have been suggesting it.

It is interesting timing, given that these charges could have been brought long ago. But now they are coming at a time when Joe Biden is clearly in trouble in the polls, with him losing people from demographics he needs to hold onto to win, with more calls from people like David Axelrod for him to step aside, and more and more polls that show former President Donald Trump — the leading GOP candidate — beating Biden, including in most of the swing states. All of that has to be making the powers that be tear their hair out and wondering what they can to to better the odds.

May or may not be something to this, but I have thought for well over a year now that Biden would not be his party's nominee in 2024.
                                Not according to CNN.

I can't imagine what nonsense they are spewing on MSNBC in the morning these days. I'm usually up at 5 and catch the first part of CNN and it's just beyond atrocious. They have this moronic round table, as if it's a variety of views and opinions (it is most definitely NOT) and today the key takeaways were:

1. How this only furthers Trump's ability to muddy the waters and get people to believe (his MAGA followers at least) his ongoing lies.
                                2. This has NOTHING to do with Joe Biden and people out there understand that.
                                3. This cripples Trump's ability to say the DOJ is corrupt and not applying the law fairly across the board.
                                4. If Hunter's last name wasn't Biden he would never be charged.
                                5. You have to remember he was seconds from all this going away, so he's basically innocent.
                                6. His lawyers have said they're going all scorched Earth to defend him and prove his innocence (even though he was gladly going to plead guilty 10 months ago).
                                6. Trump has more than 10 times the charges against him AND he attempted a coup.
                                7. To be clear, and let us talk about facts, there is NO PROOF, regardless of months of GOP investigations, NONE, that tie anything to Joe Biden.

I think I hit most of the hot talking points.

It's also the smarmy, casual snickering crap those shitheads like Poppy and her little butt buddy sidekick do when talking about it. We live in a bizarre time when there is little to no trust of "news" anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X