2022 Mid-Term Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I feel like you're holding back. You should just say what you are thinking.
    If we continue down this road, and a majority of the population legitimately faces food shortages and lack of energy contributing to a real move backwards in standard of living, while our ruling class makes no sacrifice and on the contrary profits...

It's going to get ugly and violent.

They have not made the case, because there isn't one to be made. A degree or 2 or 5 is not going to send the planet into armaggedon. If you believe it will, you are a fool and deserve to go broke in chasing Unicorns. Not a single prediction in the past 60 years has been right, no model has been right, no weather incident is 'unprecedented' and no scientist is objective.

This is all a fraud perpetrated on a continually more propagandized populace by our crappy educational system and retarded, lazy parents who care more about fitting in with asshats and getting likes on Facebook.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Republican don't know how to lead. Once they get in power, they try and spend to stay in power. Last time they had anybody with a vision was Newt G.
      Newt is a pretty smart guy. His agenda helped the Republicans get their first majority in the House in ages. Then he managed to get some major things done like Welfare Reform and actually balancing the budget. The US ran budget surpluses when he was Speaker. The economy was humming along great. It really was a golden period. He managed to do this with Bill Clinton in the White House. You can say a lot of things about Clinton, but he was a pragmatist when it came to governing. Instead of fighting against Newt's agenda, he worked with him and took credit too.

Comment

Unfortunately this November we are going to find out how dumb Americans really are. I'm an OTR truck driver and believe me when I tell you that most Americans are either truly dumb or just plain ignorant.

You can't handle the truth!

Get out of Dodge!

Comment

If the Dems were going to get a turnout boost because of the Roe fiasco (and I think they will, to an extent) then the Dems just flushed that advantage with this Mar-A-Lago raid on President Trump.

The blatant weaponization of the FBI especially in lieu of the mess the FBI has been entangled in for several years, should light the hair on fire of every GOP from sea to shining sea.

DC needs to be purged.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            If the Dems were going to get a turnout boost because of the Roe fiasco (and I think they will, to an extent) then the Dems just flushed that advantage with this Mar-A-Lago raid on President Trump.

The blatant weaponization of the FBI especially in lieu of the mess the FBI has been entangled in for several years, should light the hair on fire of every GOP from sea to shining sea.

DC needs to be purged.
            Agreed, yet you voted no on the abortion issue. Are the Republican voters going to vote the Dems out to protect the republic, or send another message to their representatives that they don’t like the direction of the GOP?
            Livin the dream

Comment

Fair question. I think it's good that the GOP hold their representatives accountable. I won't rehash my "no" vote. I struggled with it a ton, but I believe it was the right thing to do.

I stand by my earlier comment that the GOP lacks leadership. Until that's fixed, your point will be an issue that's likely to hurt the GOP nationally.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Fair question. I think it's good that the GOP hold their representatives accountable. I won't rehash my "no" vote. I struggled with it a ton, but I believe it was the right thing to do.

I stand by my earlier comment that the GOP lacks leadership. Until that's fixed, your point will be an issue that's likely to hurt the GOP nationally.
                I am always impressed by a man of principle. If your opposition is without such constraints, what is to be done?
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

I am always impressed by a man of principle. If your opposition is without such constraints, what is to be done?
                  Even better question. I'm not smart enough to answer that. The Federal Government must be reeled in. It's beyond out of control. How do we do that? It's extremely difficult in the best of times. With an opposition without constraints, one could argue it's all but impossible.

I do believe that it's imperative that we pass a Constitutional Amendment limiting the terms of Senators and Congressional members. I believe it will pass. And pressure, very loud annoying pressure if needed, should be brought to bear to every sitting member of Congress that refuses to bring it up or vote on it. Passing it would be a productive first step, imho.

Comment

What looked like a slam dunk for the Republican to take back the house and the senate is now slipping away. Momentum is in the Democrats favor. At the start of the summer, Republican were projected to take the Senate back 51 to 49. Now is expected to be 50/50 (with risk Democrats could take 1 or 2 more seats).

Republican only have a 41% chance of taking back the senate. Senate is most important as they control the appointment of judges.

House still looks good Republican. Republican have 80% chance of taking back the house. It had been much larger. In the house projections, republican were up at the start of summer 238 to 197. That has slipped to 231 to 204.
                    Odd on the Senate is now 40%. Projections have Democrats 51, Republican 49 (-1).

Odds on the House has dropped to 79%. Projection being Republican 228 to Democrats 207 (-3).

Comment

I'll be mildly surprised if Republicans even take the House at this point. The Democrat base is so stupid it isn't even funny. Half of their base cares more about their climate change bull**** and their abortions, than the country as a whole. Then you have the other half of their base that just wants their freebies and entitlements. Food stamps has been keeping up with inflation, meanwhile working Americans pay doesn't. It's so pathetic how far they'll go for these bums.

I was in Virginia, a Southern state, yesterday and some guy was talking to me about how it's so much hotter there than it used to be because of climate change. Dude was in his late 20's probably, but he's whining about how it was going to be in the upper 90's. Like hello dummy, it's August in freaking Virginia; of course it's hot.

Now gas is below $4 in most of the country and people act like $3.79 isn't all that bad. Meanwhile just a few months ago everyone was complaining about it. It's hilarious how easily people can be trained.

On the radio, I was listening to NPR just to hear what stupidity came off those air waves that we subsidize as taxpayers. They were talking about the latest Joe Manchin rip us all off bill that allocates money towards charging stations. Supposedly they want to be "equitable" with them and put a lot of them in low income neighborhoods, aka the hood. Last I checked, people in the hood aren't buying $60K electric cars, so there's a big waste of money. And who in their right mind wants to sit around in the hood for an hour in a $60K car waiting on it to charge up???

The thing is, I just don't trust America to vote the right way this election or in any election going forward. There's too many crackpots out there.
                      You can't handle the truth!

Get out of Dodge!

Comment

Originally posted by The Truth View Post
                        I'll be mildly surprised if Republicans even take the House at this point. The Democrat base is so stupid it isn't even funny. Half of their base cares more about their climate change bull**** and their abortions, than the country as a whole. Then you have the other half of their base that just wants their freebies and entitlements. Food stamps has been keeping up with inflation, meanwhile working Americans pay doesn't. It's so pathetic how far they'll go for these bums.

I was in Virginia, a Southern state, yesterday and some guy was talking to me about how it's so much hotter there than it used to be because of climate change. Dude was in his late 20's probably, but he's whining about how it was going to be in the upper 90's. Like hello dummy, it's August in freaking Virginia; of course it's hot.

Now gas is below $4 in most of the country and people act like $3.79 isn't all that bad. Meanwhile just a few months ago everyone was complaining about it. It's hilarious how easily people can be trained.

On the radio, I was listening to NPR just to hear what stupidity came off those air waves that we subsidize as taxpayers. They were talking about the latest Joe Manchin rip us all off bill that allocates money towards charging stations. Supposedly they want to be "equitable" with them and put a lot of them in low income neighborhoods, aka the hood. Last I checked, people in the hood aren't buying $60K electric cars, so there's a big waste of money. And who in their right mind wants to sit around in the hood for an hour in a $60K car waiting on it to charge up???

The thing is, I just don't trust America to vote the right way this election or in any election going forward. There's too many crackpots out there.
                        Very solid #8 post!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by The Truth View Post

The perfect example was Kansas Republican and the “No” vote - u had one chance to stand up for what is morally right and they refused.

Comment

The perfect example was Kansas Republican and the “No” vote - u had one chance to stand up for what is morally right and they refused.
                            I don’t think you understand what happened with that.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If you stop looking at it as an abortion issue, and instead look at it as a politician's power issue, you will have your answer.

And the GOP in Topeka had the opportunity to do this right and chose not to.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post

If you stop looking at it as an abortion issue, and instead look at it as a politician's power issue, you will have your answer.

And the GOP in Topeka had the opportunity to do this right and chose not to.
                                U have to assume the reason they didn’t do it right is because they wanted it to fail.

The Republican party wants to get out of social/morality issues and just focus on being the best #2 party they can be.

Comment

Working...
                                X